E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #41
Anub!s

My Ride: e92M, e46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
nice! i keep regretting not buying the intravee and getting the dice.

alternator noise,having to unplug/plug ipod back in all the time because it doesn't work. giving 3 characters of text on the navigation screen, which is absolutely useless.

Looks great bro.

i might just cough up the cash to get this and end the headaches.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #42
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotumDependeate View Post
nice! i keep regretting not buying the intravee and getting the dice.

alternator noise,having to unplug/plug ipod back in all the time because it doesn't work. giving 3 characters of text on the navigation screen, which is absolutely useless.

Looks great bro.

i might just cough up the cash to get this and end the headaches.
Thanks! If you have OEM Nav, there is really no comparison...
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #43
sna77
OEM ///Member

thread merge....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandos1 View Post
I was about to buy the DICE iPod adapter when I came across the Intravee II option. Will the Intravee II charge the iPod? I couldn't find a mention on that on the postings.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post

But yes, the IV2 charges the iPod. If you have a USB-based iPod charging system, you'll need to get one of these adapter things. Older iPods charge just fine as is.
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Chargi.../dp/B001HN6CVA

Old 07-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #44
monkeypilot

My Ride: 330d Touring
A few questions.

I have the Business CD + Changer in the boot of my 330d Touring. The Business CD has the mode button on it. I can lose the changer, that's not a big deal. I just want to stick the ipod in the boot and forget about it...

Can I connect the Intravee II at the CD changer end easily (to save faffing around with the head unit)... is there any interference probs with that approach if it can be done?

Can I use the steering wheel controls with to control the Ipod? I've used a KCA 420 with an alpine head before, so i'm aware of how that works... but not sure if the steering wheel will drive it all.

Or am i really looking at a new head unit + steering wheel adapter + fitting to solve this one...?
monkeypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #45
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypilot View Post
A few questions.

I have the Business CD + Changer in the boot of my 330d Touring. The Business CD has the mode button on it. I can lose the changer, that's not a big deal. I just want to stick the ipod in the boot and forget about it...

Can I connect the Intravee II at the CD changer end easily (to save faffing around with the head unit)... is there any interference probs with that approach if it can be done?
The IV2 can ONLY be connected in the trunk CD changer input. Sound is great. Check--er the instructions in this thread for info. Takes about 2 minutes to connect everything.

Quote:
Can I use the steering wheel controls with to control the Ipod? I've used a KCA 420 with an alpine head before, so i'm aware of how that works... but not sure if the steering wheel will drive it all.
Just the volume control
Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #46
monkeypilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
The IV2 can ONLY be connected in the trunk CD changer input. Sound is great. Check--er the instructions in this thread for info. Takes about 2 minutes to connect everything.

Just the volume control
Many thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #47
awt

My Ride: 523i
Send a message via MSN to awt
The steering wheel controls also control up/down (next/prev) and if you don't have a oem handsfree kit, you can program a command into the phone button.
awt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #48
monkeypilot

oooh... didn't know that.

Unless something can sway me, the IV is getting it...
Old 07-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #49
jinhao

My Ride: 04 m3 vert or speed6
how is everyone who has the Intravee dealing with the deep sleep /hibernation issue? i'm considering buying an extension cable so I have the ipod connector within reach in the cockpit. (i hardly ever goto the trunk) I would need it long enough to reach to the glove box.. not even sure if they sell extension cables that long?

lastly, with the power adapter for newer ipods, they will still charge older ipods too right? I have a 4g b/w ipod and a 4g nano

thanks for the help everyone
jinhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #50
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinhao View Post
how is everyone who has the Intravee dealing with the deep sleep /hibernation issue? i'm considering buying an extension cable so I have the ipod connector within reach in the cockpit. (i hardly ever goto the trunk) I would need it long enough to reach to the glove box.. not even sure if they sell extension cables that long?

lastly, with the power adapter for newer ipods, they will still charge older ipods too right? I have a 4g b/w ipod and a 4g nano

thanks for the help everyone

I have 2 silent alarms setup daily at 1PM and 1AM. iPod never goes into Deep Sleep this way.

You can buy a 10' dock connector cable--heck they are linked at the top of this thread.

Not sure about the newer power adapters charging older ones. I'd guess that you need to pop the adapter off, but not sure... Either way, no big deal, they just pop on
Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #51
sna77
OEM ///Member

BTW, my install / writeup was in this month's Boston Bimmer magazine.

Here's the full magazine for anyone interested:
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/BostonBimmer.pdf
Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #52
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
sna or e46 addicted, Can either one of you confirm whether the Intravee can fully control video playback as well, if I use the Alpine KCA 420i/IV2/ipod with NavTV? Reason I ask is, I plan on leaving the ipod in the trunk and want to be able to play both ipod audio (straightforward) and video (in question) through the dashboard controls.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #53
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk View Post
sna or e46 addicted, Can either one of you confirm whether the Intravee can fully control video playback as well, if I use the Alpine KCA 420i/IV2/ipod with NavTV? Reason I ask is, I plan on leaving the ipod in the trunk and want to be able to play both ipod audio (straightforward) and video (in question) through the dashboard controls.

Nooo. I actually use a second ipod for video with the Nav TV

The Alpine adapter can't handle the video.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #54
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
What a bummer..

I wonder if Alpine makes a video-compatible version of the KCA-420i.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #55
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk View Post
What a bummer..

I wonder if Alpine makes a video-compatible version of the KCA-420i.
They don't even make the KCA-420i anymore.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #56
///SGM3

My Ride: SG M3
such an informative thread. Just a few noob questions...what sizes were the screw and nuts that locked the KCA-420i in place? Seems like the hardest parts to come by are the rubber grommet, the screw & nuts, and the velcro :lol:
Old 03-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #57
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SGM3 View Post
such an informative thread. Just a few noob questions...what sizes were the screw and nuts that locked the KCA-420i in place? Seems like the hardest parts to come by are the rubber grommet, the screw & nuts, and the velcro :lol:
no idea... I just grabbed a few random screws of out my tool box...
Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #58
KEK

My Ride: BMW 330CI 2000
Anyone with an intravee II, also have the parrott CK3000 installed??

If so, do you get a display on your nav screen?

I'm stuck with my display on the main menu screen, and will not give me any info from my iphone 3gs/intravee II, but I get sound, and all appears to work, i.e can forward to next track, etc.., but I get nothing on the display.

I have the 4:3 Nav

Anyone got any idea??

Last edited by KEK; 06-09-2010 at 07:51 AM.
KEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #59
DjSyco

My Ride: 02 Carbon Schwarz M3
GOTTT DAYUMN!!!!!!! my head is going to explode with all this info.lol!! I was just researching putting my ipod in my M and caught this thread, holy shizzle my nizzle! now I want Sirius, Bluetooth, my Ipod, and the Dvd. hhahaah!! I feel so limited by my 6 disc changer and the useless Nav thingamajigy in the rear. lol!! on to Ebay to shop for some goodies. BTW How is my beloved Massachusetts? I so miss being home.
DjSyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #60
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
following your DIY right this minute.

Nice!

Steve
can you have the Intravee2, Sirius AND the CD Changer?

I know there is a rule of limits (2 max) for the slave cable of accessories off the CD Changer Data Cable when you have the CD53 Radio but is this the same for Nav?
Thanks

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

Last edited by delmarco; 09-18-2010 at 03:44 PM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote