E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
33ZeroXi

My Ride: BMW 330XI
Exhaust Tips

Hey whats up im in the process of getting ready to put in a quad exhaust and now im tryin to source some nice dual tips wheres the best place to get them without spending an arm and a leg and also which is the best style to get..... also what size outlet should i get.....i really know nothing about this so any help would be great thanks
|AFE Intake|ZHP Shift Knob|Smoked Corners, Side Markers and Tails|Blacked Out Grill|Blacked Out Emblems|Umnitza Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes|M3 Trunk Lip|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs|18" VMR GunMetal CSL Reps|CSL M3 Front Bumper|B&M SSK|Carbon Fiber Interior Trim|30% Tint|6000K Bulbs|ACS Roof Spoiler|Interior LEDs|

Hit the clutch, hit the gear, hit the gas & Im gone
33ZeroXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
koven

My Ride: 330Ci
heres where i got mine.. very cheap and great quality

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUAL-...205|240%3A1318
Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
currbear29

My Ride: 2002 325 xi
where are you getting your quad exhaust done? is it custom? sorry to threadjack
currbear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
OP, for your rear, I would suggest 76mm tips. Koven did the custom m3 rear which makes bigger tips look a little more at home but, unless you have a rear with a LARGE opening for tips, 76 will likely look better.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
33ZeroXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
heres where i got mine.. very cheap and great quality

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUAL-...205|240%3A1318
Some one on ebay got a hold on my account and made a world of trouble for me so i canceled me ebay account and refuse to use it again lol even though those do look nice and are priced great so far i cant find anything for under $100 and thats just for 1 side
Quote:
Originally Posted by currbear29 View Post
where are you getting your quad exhaust done? is it custom? sorry to threadjack
yea its custom im either gonna get it done at Custom Muffler Centers in Livingston, NJ or High Velocity Auto in North Brunswick, NJ both places that forum members got their quads done.... I think im gonna go with Velocity cuz they quoted me at $350 with tips Custom Muffler Centers gave me a quote of $400 with out tips so thats the only reason im looking for some tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
OP, for your rear, I would suggest 76mm tips. Koven did the custom m3 rear which makes bigger tips look a little more at home but, unless you have a rear with a LARGE opening for tips, 76 will likely look better.
I have an mtech 1 rear so its kinda gonna look like MixFlame's car which was done at High Velocity

|AFE Intake|ZHP Shift Knob|Smoked Corners, Side Markers and Tails|Blacked Out Grill|Blacked Out Emblems|Umnitza Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes|M3 Trunk Lip|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs|18" VMR GunMetal CSL Reps|CSL M3 Front Bumper|B&M SSK|Carbon Fiber Interior Trim|30% Tint|6000K Bulbs|ACS Roof Spoiler|Interior LEDs|

Last edited by 33ZeroXi; 06-02-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
^^^ yeah if you are doing it on that rear, definitely don't go with 88mm tips. They will look humorously large. 76 will look nice though

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
33ZeroXi

k thanks what do you think about gettin the Porsche tips.... do you think they will look nice also where can i get a set for cheap?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Spdu4ia

My Ride: changes too much
i woudn't recomend the Porsche tips ... 1. you wont find them for "cheap" 2. your rear is very square, those tips will look very out of place

Spdu4ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
33ZeroXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdu4ia View Post
i woudn't recomend the Porsche tips ... 1. you wont find them for "cheap" 2. your rear is very square, those tips will look very out of place
k ill just go with some oval ones then.... now is it better to get a resonated tip? whats the difference?

Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
Spdu4ia

My Ride: changes too much
i wouldn't go oval either. Just get a nice set of dual round double walled tips.

Spdu4ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #11
silv3rstr3ak

My Ride: 01 TiAg 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdu4ia View Post
i wouldn't go oval either. Just get a nice set of dual round double walled tips.

these look like the magnaflow 14816 tips...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14816.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	317737  
Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
33ZeroXi

yea thats what i mean just reg round ones not oval.... my bad

Old 06-03-2009, 03:36 AM   #13
Team_Persia

My Ride: '05 ZHP 'Vert - SOLD
check out the double walled tips from eurosportdesign.com
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #14
bd1000

My Ride: 330Ci
Ive been putting off getting some for awhile. My tips came off and its just the "raw" pipes exposed now, with the mounting clip piece sticking out...
I really like the ones spdu4ia posted

edit-
Anybody install the eurosport ones? http://www.eurosportdesign.com/pc-25...aust-tips.aspx
I have the factory exhaust and it sounds like the stock tip mounting tabs would have to be removed and then the new tips welded on.
Those are about half the price of the magnaflow ones...

edit#2-
It looks like you just have to cut off the stock tips near the muffler and weld the new ones on (and do the "golf tee mod"). On the website it says you'll have to cut some length off the back of the tip or else it will stick out further.

Last edited by bd1000; 06-03-2009 at 09:20 AM.
bd1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #15
E46BMR

My Ride: E46 323i
33ZeroXi where in nj do you live and where/when are you gettin it done. Im also looking to do the quad exhaust set up and been looking for a good shop. I live in brooklyn, NY we should meet up sometimes and hang out and once you get the work done i was wondering if i could check it out, if i like it ima go do it to at the same place. hit me up on pm or something
E46BMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #16
33ZeroXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46BMR View Post
33ZeroXi where in nj do you live and where/when are you gettin it done. Im also looking to do the quad exhaust set up and been looking for a good shop. I live in brooklyn, NY we should meet up sometimes and hang out and once you get the work done i was wondering if i could check it out, if i like it ima go do it to at the same place. hit me up on pm or something
i live in Somerset County NJ and i should be gettin it done on my next day off which will be mon or tues pm sent with more info

Last edited by 33ZeroXi; 06-03-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
33ZeroXi

Well i just got my quads done today i went to High Velocity Auto in North Brunswick, NJ http://www.highvelocityauto.com/contact.html and i recommend them to anyone near by who wants to do a custom exhaust their work is really great and the car sounds amazing.... here are some crap cell phone pics i took during the install i didnt have time to do a sound clip but ill post one up tom like i said im really happy i was worried it would be too loud but its great here are some pics... idk if you can see from the pics but they pretty much just cut right after the resonator and just ran a pipe to each side then put on mangaflow dual tips if ou want any other info just pm me

Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #18
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
nice

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #19
BMW_Stu

My Ride: HPF 330ci
uh oh, looks really uneaven
BMW_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #20
33ZeroXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrothunderr86 View Post
uh oh, looks really uneaven
it had to be because there was something in the way... i forgot what it was called... some type of vac or something for the fuel idk i forgot what it was called its right next to the battery...but yes its about 3 inches in more on the pass side but there was nothing we could do about it personally i can live with it... the guy said if i want 2 buy a rear add on he would be able to move it over more and make it hang lower but im fine with it