E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Thoughts on infinity's basslink II system?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Rene325ci 
#1 ·
Currently looking into purchasing one of these. Few questions for members with stock harmon/kardon in car with the Basslink II installed:

-Was it a rather easy install? If someone could show me a DIY it would help, search yielded nothing.
-Were there good spots to mount it with the given brackets? Im kind of worried about proper areas to fasten it down well.
-Are you satisfied with the product and does it perform to your liking?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I had a Basslink II with stock H/K. The install was very easy, it was just power wires to battery, then tap a few wires for the signal. Took less than 20 minutes. I ended up just screwing it down to the floor near the backseat area of the trunk. My thoughts are that it worked very well with the stock H/K system. Once i upgraded to amplified components it was no longer sufficient, but with the stock H/K it was almost perfect.

#5 ·
I had this installed in the back of my 928s4 and it was perfect for the car and its size. I then placed it in the trunk of my coupe and it was nice and added to it quite well. I also have the HK system in the Coupe, I took it out because I wanted to keep some trunk space.

Ohhhh and mine was the original basslink not the II

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.