E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 10:14 AM   #21
e46shift
F22C1

My Ride: '00 c230k & '04
Quote:
Originally posted by klangford

Don't you hate it when you think about an awesome comeback like that AFTER the fact? I'm proud of you though just for thinking it!
delayed wisdom

Super Soft Rims
e46shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #22
323i

My Ride: Z4 3.0
Send a message via AIM to 323i
I was stopped at a light and some homeless guy walks over to my car and knocks on the window. I ignore him at first but end up rolling it down a bit and I ask "Can I help you?" He says, “Do you know what the difference is between a cactus and a BMW. The pricks are on the inside." At this point I am like WTF?!?!? The light has already turned green and the car behind me starts to honk. So I just drove off.

Who the F* says that to someone, especially if the guy is homeless.
323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:52 AM   #23
HiRBY
Banned

My Ride: black e36
Send a message via AIM to HiRBY
i have a twin turbo rotary w/ headers and pistons.
HiRBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #24
AndyXXL
mod bug resistant

My Ride: S4
Quote:
Originally posted by 323i
I was stopped at a light and some homeless guy walks over to my car and knocks on the window. I ignore him at first but end up rolling it down a bit and I ask "Can I help you?" He says, “Do you know what the difference is between a cactus and a BMW. The pricks are on the inside." At this point I am like WTF?!?!? The light has already turned green and the car behind me starts to honk. So I just drove off.

Gotta give props to the homeless guy. I mean he had enough balls to say that to you.
AndyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:40 AM   #25
djbmw
Banned

My Ride: 2002 330 ci
Quote:
Originally posted by 323i

Holy **** thats one of the funniest things ive ever heard
djbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:44 AM   #26
pfloyd57
Dale Earnhardt's Double

My Ride: 2001 330 Cic
2 guys standing in their driveway see me driving past with the top down. One goes "Whoa, there goes a new M5!"
Old 03-07-2003, 12:28 PM   #27
polorl57

My Ride: 325
one time i was at a volkswagon dealership with my friend....and we start talk in to the salesman and hes like "whooa u pulled up in a new m3" and im like yea...hes like "can i go see it after were done with this" and im like yea sure...so he comes outside and his jaw just dropped....then hes like "let me go get one of my friends" and he comes back out with like 5 other people that work there and there like looking all throughout my car...it was crazy
polorl57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 12:30 PM   #28
klangford
I got nothin'

My Ride: 07 Maserati QP
Send a message via AIM to klangford
One time at band camp.....
2000 328i - Daughter's first BMW
2007 Maserati Quattroporte - my current ride
klangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:31 PM   #29
Devious1
Invalid User

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
my brother convinced me to take my car to a school car wash fund raiser. when i got there, they were like " OOHHh... it's so pretty!" then this dood comes up and asks "Is this an M3?" i'm like no... then he looks at me and says... "what is it?" i say a 330. then he just kinda nods like he doesn't know what the hell i'm talking about.
I hate it when people ask if i have an M3!!!

For work I have to take the daily deposits to the bank. The security there is some old mexican dood who keeps talking to me about my bimmer. He says stupid ass things like.. "I don't hear those twin turbos with the 3" pipes on there yet." He pretty much says the same exact thing to me everyday. Now I just walk past him and just give me a nod. Just yesterday he was telling me that BMW came out with a twin turbo model.

Last edited by OnMDMA; 03-07-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Devious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:35 PM   #30
BrokeMyWallet

My Ride: No Car :(
Send a message via AIM to BrokeMyWallet
This lady in my apartment complex says to me, "Nice car!" I say thanks and just when I opened the door, she asks "Is it fast?"

Yeah sure...
Old 03-07-2003, 01:39 PM   #31
PHAHEEM
In Pursuit of My J.D.

My Ride: Honda Accord
Send a message via AIM to PHAHEEM
My cousin once told me that his 2001 Honda Civic LX coupe has more makings of a sports car than my 325Ci does...I didn't know what to say to that...just kinda looked at him in disbelief.

04 Triple Black 330CiC [sold]
02 TiAg 325Ci [sold]
PHAHEEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:42 PM   #32
srn1985

My Ride: Audi A4 S-line
Quote:
Originally posted by klangford
When I was owned my NSX someone met me as I was pulling up at Blockbuster. He was like, "Wow, that's an NSX, I love those things, can you pop the hood so I can see the engine".
(Mid engine car).
I then popped the 'hood' and when I lifted it I said, "Damn it, someone stole it AGAIN!"
Thats the best, my friend always does the same thing to all those ignorant people who know nothin about it and just are in awe!!!..One time I pulled into a Nissian dealership cause my friend wanted to test drive a 350z and on the way out a salesman notices my car and says it that an M3 and I say, "no"...then he says what is it and i tell him just a reg 3 series and he says did you buy it and I say nope, my rents did and he just looked at his other salesmen friend..I think he just wanted to be a D!ck to me and see if I was one of those who would answer yes just to impress or amuse people and to see if I was like that ...or he was just ghey!!!

PAST: 2000 323ci 5-SPEED - :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I, for one, am glad that Netflix no longer stores the fact that I went on a 48 hour Lifetime movie marathon back in 2008

www.NETcruitz.com
---- in development
srn1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:53 PM   #33
Tedster
Modded

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
2 guys at Target took 4 pictures of my car while i was parking....and my g/f was still in the car!!
Tedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:07 PM   #34
Impulss
T!TSLVR

My Ride: M3
(had to post after my twin!)

I was going through a drive-thru liquor store. This kid behind the window was like.. "nice car! what is that? a M3?" I said, "yeah" and he was like "I been looking to get one of those..." I said "cool, you'll love it.."

I actually thought he knew what he was talking about..... up until he looked at my car again (I only had the car for like 3 days) and said "that's a 2000 model right?"

Last edited by Impulss; 03-07-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Impulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:08 PM   #35
Ward

My Ride: 2011 335is coupe
I got pulled over for speeding by the stupid public safety monkies at school and he then commented on how he was gunna buy either a "huge 10 inch lifted F-350 or a Mark three." I said wHAT? and he goes a MARK THREE. I was like holy fuuckin **** this guy really thinks the M stands for MARK. HAAHAHAHA. I didn't even bother to correct him, but just laughed and said have a nice day and left.

Last week some guy came up to me at a chevron in marina del rey and introduced himself to me and told me he wanted to buy my car and I was like uhmm well, I'm not really selling it but he insisted that I take his cell # and call him when I do. WEird. Who does that?

Another thing that was just weird. My dad is the one who bought me my car and he can't stop baggin on it. He thinks it's the biggest pile of crap he has ever ridden in or driven.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:21 PM   #36
klangford
I got nothin'

My Ride: 07 Maserati QP
Send a message via AIM to klangford
Quote:
Originally posted by Ward
Last week some guy came up to me at a chevron ..introduced himself and...insisted that I take his cell # and call him.... Who does that?

Did you notice the hearts he drew on the card or the twinkle in his eye
2000 328i - Daughter's first BMW
2007 Maserati Quattroporte - my current ride
klangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:41 PM   #37
AndyXXL
mod bug resistant

My Ride: S4
Quote:
Originally posted by Ward
I got pulled over for speeding by the stupid public safety monkies at school and he then commented on how he was gunna buy either a "huge 10 inch lifted F-350 or a Mark three." I said wHAT? and he goes a MARK THREE. I was like holy fuuckin **** this guy really thinks the M stands for MARK. HAAHAHAHA. I didn't even bother to correct him, but just laughed and said have a nice day and left.

Maybe he meant 'Mach 3'?
AndyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:41 PM   #38
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
Quote:
Originally posted by tribal azn
some f@gg0t(s) at my skoo said they didnt like my black rimz
who would like some black 14" rims?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:46 PM   #39
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
Quote:
Originally posted by Faheem Daddy
My cousin once told me that his 2001 Honda Civic LX coupe has more makings of a sports car than my 325Ci does...I didn't know what to say to that...just kinda looked at him in disbelief.
That's cuz your 325 is played out.

Please dont ever ever ever think that.....

This dumbass from Socal in a 325Ci on this board saying that M3s are played out.

Last edited by Anthony; 03-07-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:53 PM   #40
Impulss
T!TSLVR

My Ride: M3
Speaking of Honda Civic coupes, my gf has a silver 2003 Civic coupe EX. During the snow, my car was in the garage (nice and clean) and stayed there for weeks. During that time, one time I drove my gf's car to pick up my mom from work.

The first thing she says is "isn't the car going to get dirty", and i'm like... "so? It's already dirty". Then she goes, "I thought you said it's not good in the snow...."

Then it hit me that my mom thought the Civic was my M3!!! I was a little shocked.. but then I realized that from only a side profile, the overall shape of the Civic coupe is virtually the same size and "similar" in shape (and it was the same color).

When she got in, she said how come all the intrument cluster lights were all red... and i told her, "they copied off BMW" :tongue:

Last edited by Impulss; 03-07-2003 at 03:01 PM.
Impulss is offline   Reply With Quote