E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 04:28 PM   #41
funkeycold
Top Marketing Student

My Ride: Silver 2001 330i
Send a message via AIM to funkeycold Send a message via Yahoo to funkeycold
I'm talking to some guy and I tell him I drive a BMW. He says "What kind?" I say "330i."

He goes "Really? Cool...........Never heard of it." Yeah, not really too outrageous, but its the only thing so far.

In my 3000GT VR4 Spyder, I was driving really slow down this residential street where some younger kids were playing, and one by one they stopped, and each one pulled a . Balls stopped bouncing, voices stopped talking. As I went past the last kid, he said "NICE FERRARI!!!" A bunch of people have asked me if it was a rear-engine car or an exotic car because the trunk is very long. The hardtop roof has to fold into the trunk.

2001 330i, Titanium Silver
-- Clear turn signals
-- UUC SwayBarbarians, front/rear
funkeycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 04:44 PM   #42
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally posted by tribal azn
some f@gg0t(s) at my skoo said they didnt like my black rimz
I've got the same thing before! 19" Hamann HM2's powdercoated "texture" black. Most people loved them, and I even got over 3k when I sold them. (see below)

I usually get positive remarks toward my car, but the I did get one bad comment about my M3 from an obvious hater. He said it was the color of Gerber Baby food! I laughed because it was funny!

One time in my 330ci (as pictured below), I was leaving the club and in the parking lot one of the bouncers goes "It's not a real BMW unless it's an M3", then he proceeded to get into some bucket ass car. I yelled, "you work at this ****ty ass Club metro, and drive a bucket, yet you have the nerve to try and clown someone??? Yeah, he had his nerve!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmwfreewaypic.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	43632  

Last edited by M3Inline6; 03-07-2003 at 04:49 PM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 04:49 PM   #43
BronFuFu
Banned

My Ride: i dirve a car
Send a message via AIM to BronFuFu Send a message via Yahoo to BronFuFu
"oooooh is that the new wagon?"
"it looks like a transformer shoe"
"i think it looks like a loaf of bread"

referring to my GTI 1.8t

awwright!! good to hear my car sucks!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	meandpaenorris.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	43633  
BronFuFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 04:51 PM   #44
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally posted by BronFuFu
"oooooh is that the new wagon?"
"it looks like a transformer shoe"
"i think it looks like a loaf of bread"

referring to my GTI 1.8t

awwright!! good to hear my car sucks!

Little did he know that GTI's rock! What a loser? What was he driving?
Old 03-07-2003, 04:56 PM   #45
unionjack
Conceited Prick

My Ride: 997.2 C2S
My dad thought I was dumb for spending that on a car that depreciates in value. I was like, "well I can't afford one that doesn't."

This coming from a man who spent $500k ona motor home and spends $10-12k a year in maintenance and mods.

My wife's friend said never did like BMWs when she saw it, only to follow with, "Can I drive it?"

My response: No!

Yesterday some guy said, "That's nice, do you like it?"

Last edited by unionjack; 03-07-2003 at 04:58 PM.
unionjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 04:59 PM   #46
Ci FLY
has 1 FLY Ci

My Ride: genato
Quote:
Originally posted by M3Inline6

I've got the same thing before! 19" Hamann HM2's powdercoated "texture" black. Most people loved them, and I even got over 3k when I sold them. (see below)

I usually get positive remarks toward my car, but the I did get one bad comment about my M3 from an obvious hater. He said it was the color of Gerber Baby food! I laughed because it was funny!

One time in my 330ci (as pictured below), I was leaving the club and in the parking lot one of the bouncers goes "It's not a real BMW unless it's an M3", then he proceeded to get into some bucket ass car. I yelled, "you work at this ****ty ass Club metro, and drive a bucket, yet you have the nerve to try and clown someone??? Yeah, he had his nerve!
LOL! Has anyone ever said, "Hey there goes Ronald McDonald in the M3"?? I only ask because you have phoenix yellow with red interior, just like the McDonald colors
Old 03-07-2003, 05:08 PM   #47
///M3Matt
BMWCCA Club Racer

My Ride: Smurf mobiles
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Matt
Last year when I was leaving VIR (Virginia International Raceway), I was towing my '94 325is race car (202rwh) and my dad was towing the 02 ZO6.....anyway we stop at the gas station 2 mins from the track on our way home and one hillbilly guy turns to me and says, "I didnt know you could make a BMW fast"....my brother and I almost pissed our pants we were laughing so hard, I couldnt even say anything to the guy. He just looked at us laughing and then he got back into his pickup and drove away.....what a dumbass!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iforge002.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	43638  
///M3Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #48
Ci FLY
has 1 FLY Ci

My Ride: genato
Quote:
Originally posted by ///M3Matt
Last year when I was leaving VIR (Virginia International Raceway), I was towing my '94 325is race car (202rwh) and my dad was towing the 02 ZO6.....anyway we stop at the gas station 2 mins from the track on our way home and one hillbilly guy turns to me and says, "I didnt know you could make a BMW fast"....my brother and I almost pissed our pants we were laughing so hard, I couldnt even say anything to the guy. He just looked at us laughing and then he got back into his pickup and drove away.....what a dumbass!!
so you guys just laughed cuz you agreed with him??

:tongue: j/k
Old 03-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #49
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally posted by Ci FLY

LOL! Has anyone ever said, "Hey there goes Ronald McDonald in the M3"?? I only ask because you have phoenix yellow with red interior, just like the McDonald colors
I've heard it online a few times, but never in person. She's been named (tentatively) Big Bird, cause nothing else fits her.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:23 PM   #50
RRRize
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Samantha
Send a message via AIM to RRRize
Quote:
Originally posted by polorl57
one time i was at a volkswagon dealership with my friend....and we start talk in to the salesman and hes like "whooa u pulled up in a new m3" and im like yea...hes like "can i go see it after were done with this" and im like yea sure...so he comes outside and his jaw just dropped....then hes like "let me go get one of my friends" and he comes back out with like 5 other people that work there and there like looking all throughout my car...it was crazy
Sounds like a great BMW commercial! It's the kind of commercials BMW ought to be making instead of those lame-arse commercials where you just see the narrow twisty road and that cheezeball music they play with it.

I mean, they're trying to market the 3 Series to peeps in our age group (20s and 30s) so they need to end the old fart commercials and get with the program!

...oh, and they should fire Chris Bangel.

Didn't mean to veer off the subject.

_______
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
RRRize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 07:56 PM   #51
MarketWizard
Early Mornin Stoned Pimp

My Ride: DINAN3
Send a message via AIM to MarketWizard
this is stupid, but i remember when i first got my car back in '99 and I went to some hick ass town, and some h0e was like wtf kind of car is that. In my mind I was u stupid b1tch cant u read(she was standin next to the car)then she was like is this how the future cars are going to look, how much did u pay $80k, I was like wtf then i was like oooh ok.ur blonde

"i need NOS"
"it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnin is winning"
"you can have any brew you want, as long as its a corona"
"its not how u stand by ur car, its how u race ur car"
"cus the BUSTER kepted me out of handcuffs, the buster brought me back!"
MarketWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 08:02 PM   #52
jun14scr
booo for body roll.

My Ride: 2009 335i.
its weird how all these happen at mcdonals. sunday morning.. i drove my dads car to mcd's to get breakfast. i boguht my stuff,.. getting in my car when a guy who just got out of his gf's red honda civic (25) says, daddy let u drive his car today? and i just reply casually.. yea, he's driving one of the ferrari's today.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:06 PM   #53
doughsun
aka Ko Chun

My Ride: is retired...
Quote:
Originally posted by jun14scr
its weird how all these happen at mcdonals. sunday morning.. i drove my dads car to mcd's to get breakfast. i boguht my stuff,.. getting in my car when a guy who just got out of his gf's red honda civic (25) says, daddy let u drive his car today? and i just reply casually.. yea, he's driving one of the ferrari's today.
You should have said, "i am the daddy - and what the hell r u doing with my daughter?"
Old 03-07-2003, 09:37 PM   #54
sanman10535

My Ride: 02 325I, sport TB
Send a message via Yahoo to sanman10535
I was filling up at a gas station, and these dudes in a box chevy with 22 inch rims that look like they were rubbing the wheel well more than the road says, "man u need some 22's on that new 5 series". So I'm like naw I ordered 23's and there like "dang i aint know those new bimmers can do 23's"

Another is when I was at a gas station and I pulled up with my music loud. So while I'm pumping gas, this guy is like "how much u paid for it, and i'm like 40k. He says "I would have got that new s500 for that price"v

Just seems like everybody loves to say something at the gas station
Old 03-07-2003, 09:42 PM   #55
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com

My Ride: Z4M Coupe/999R Xerox
Someguy said "your dad has a nice car, maybe he'll let you drive it sometime." Im like wtf? but I like he was just jealous, because he is driving a civic.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:54 PM   #56
carpenterm
Banned

My Ride: 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to carpenterm
One time I was driving around and a valet parker ran up to me at a stop and started knocking on my windows...he was like "Hey man this is an M3 right?" and I was like "um no it's a 330Ci" and then he's like "How did you mount your Euro plate?"

I told him I got a mounting bracket with it and I used the holes already drilled in my front bumper to mount it...how he couldn't figure this out on my own is beyond me...

He then proceeded to tell me about his "crazy modded" 318ti with the M-Sport Package and how he took off the 318 badge and put the ///M badge on it...I was like "wow that sounds cool man see you later"
carpenterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:40 PM   #57
BronFuFu
Banned

can0e proyjektz
Old 03-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #58
BronFuFu
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by M3Inline6

Little did he know that GTI's rock! What a loser? What was he driving?

i love you man, you love my car more than i do lololol

wagon comment was made by a mom-blonde who was driving some POS.. at the time iw as lowering my car it was on jackstands and she says awww.. its cute... is that the new wagon? .. i jsut said you dumb ***** go suck my boob.

the transformer shoe comment was made by e46maje$ty lol.. he drives a 323ci .. u goober

the loaf of bread commentw as made by another dumb girl

and can ppl stop calling my car a ladybug?? its not a freakin ladybug aiite????? shiet.

cifly says my car is a turtle.. just cuz it looks like one when its all lowered.

my roomate says the rear of my car says "BAM" since its all low and wide and sh1t .. waht are people thinking?

my car says "don't kill me im slow"

hoenstly though, its the best feeling in the world when ppl actually look at your car.. adn to actually ADMIRE something about it is like woohoo!! ... takes so much time and money and effort to get tah tmoeny and research to get the right product and the ones u like and when someone jocks it its like .. hell yeeeeee baby :sil:

Last edited by BronFuFu; 03-07-2003 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:54 PM   #59
Mpowered
Crazy Boy

My Ride: 02 M3
Send a message via AIM to Mpowered
"You like your car more than you like me dont you?" -my girlfriend
Old 03-07-2003, 11:02 PM   #60
BronFuFu
Banned