E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 AM   #141
Reno

My Ride: E46 doh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klangford View Post
My reply would have been (after sex), "Hope you like the bus beyotch".

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Why arent U answering the questions Mr.Quattro??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Reno looks like Special Forces Jesus!
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #142
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Some guy complimented me on my car one day in a parking lot. He asked if it was an M3, I said "I wish". His reply was "Well, you can always turn it into one"

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #143
CShell

My Ride: Cait
Send a message via AIM to CShell
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Some guy complimented me on my car one day in a parking lot. He asked if it was an M3, I said "I wish". His reply was "Well, you can always turn it into one"
The same thing happened to me the other day> Outback waiter brought my "Curbside to go" order out to me. Looked at my car and asked, "WOW, is this an M?"

i said, "no, M wheels."

He said, "It looks awesome. Is it lowered?"

CShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #144
jmcdolej

My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
I had the nice M5 comment. I was like nope just a 3 series, the douche bag didnt believe me. the funniest though was this ghetto assed dude in a buick wiht chrome tint (like Jonjon) and spinners, he said "Damn that is one sweet mercedes." Literacy pwned him.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #145
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Get a lot of compliments about having a "tight" car, "nice M3" or "I think I'm gonna buy a BMW" I have the red leather interior sports package and people always think its custom, one girl called it a "bleeding armadillo".

Also had a douche bag say his friends (who was not present) 330CI was waaaaaaaaay tighter, I was "cool, so what do you drive" He just kind of looked me, so I looked around the lot and saw a 97' Civic. I laughed and told him to keep his hubs and interior cloth clean.

Countless stories come with owning a bimmer.

Had an old lay in a Buick Rendezvous try to race me off a red light to get to an exit. Had countless people flip me off, swearing match at a red light with a guy in a 75 Buick turd. Got out of my car at my house and someone drove by whom I passed in a 25mph zone yelled "a$$hole" and I followed it up a screaming "fck you"

Last edited by Green_Shine; 03-10-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #146
FreeAtLast

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
My friend, an Audi driver, says my car isn't German and my doors are broken because my doors appearantly don't make the right wavelength of sound to his ear that a German car does. Like WTF, never thought I'd hear that before. Ended up going around asking people whos car makes a more German sound when the doors close to prove him wrong lol.
FreeAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #147
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeAtLast View Post
My friend, an Audi driver, says my car isn't German and my doors are broken because my doors appearantly don't make the right wavelength of sound to his ear that a German car does. Like WTF, never thought I'd hear that before. Ended up going around asking people whos car makes a more German sound when the doors close to prove him wrong lol.
I owned a 944, and even being 25 years old it had a door slam like a bank vault. Solid thunk.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #148
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #149
FreeAtLast

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Had an old lay in a Buick Rendezvous try to race me off a red light to get to an exit. u"
Haha my mom drives a rendezvous and every time she wants to go shopping she asks if I could drive her(she doesn't know how to drive stick) in my car because she likes it better. She says she feels royal when I drive her in my car lol. And she says it smells nice because i let her pick out the scent for it haha. I love my mom! Lol
FreeAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #150
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Haha that reminds me of the time

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #151
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
This is a good thread bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Get a lot of compliments about having a "tight" car, "nice M3" or "I think I'm gonna buy a BMW" I have the red leather interior sports package and people always think its custom, one girl called it a "bleeding armadillo".

Also had a douche bag say his friends (who was not present) 330CI was waaaaaaaaay tighter, I was "cool, so what do you drive" He just kind of looked me, so I looked around the lot and saw a 97' Civic. I laughed and told him to keep his hubs and interior cloth clean.
Where did/do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeAtLast View Post
Haha my mom drives a rendezvous and every time she wants to go shopping she asks if I could drive her(she doesn't know how to drive stick) in my car because she likes it better. She says she feels royal when I drive her in my car lol. And she says it smells nice because i let her pick out the scent for it haha. I love my mom! Lol

Mine:

"Those are some nice bikes you got. Did those bikes come with the car?"
"Nope"
"Red and blue bikes. That's real cool."

I think I have some better ones, I'll have to think.

Last edited by Grande D; 03-22-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #152
El Polo

My Ride: 99 black 328i
When I bought my 99 328i 3 years ago, my cousin thought it was brand new.

Many other people asked what year my car is and they don't understand when I answer. I guess we have a classic design.

One night I was coming out of Tim Hortons with my gf, and a few teenagers were sitting in the parking lot just chilling. I got in my car and one of them laughed at me "is that your dad's car?" I said "no..." and immediately his friends started laughing at him. Felt good.

I had an stupid woman yell at me that I was a rich man. I guess she doesn't realise her 2008 corolla would be worth more than my old BMW. But you can't fix stupid.

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense. I am writing on a cell phone.
El Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #153
El Polo

My Ride: 99 black 328i
Oh and I got various nice comments from random people. I was putting my summer tires on and a guys walked by and said "Nice car"

Happens quite often.

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense. I am writing on a cell phone.
El Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #154
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Pull up in a country ass gas station in my 1, ass backwards redneck attendant says," oh wow boy, you got one of those emm threees?!" is it your dad's? dumb rednecks.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #155
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
"Your exhaust note reminds me of a nasty, angry demon trying to escape a fiery pit full of spiders. It's so angry and snarly. I love it."

...wat?

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #156
GDubois

My Ride: is slow
Where the fcuk is the window switch?- person in passenger seat

Congratulations.
GDubois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #157
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
I have the very best one it was a put down and a compliment at the same time..

I pulled up to a gas station and this couple was outside pumping gas in their Mercedes and the wife said
OMG honey that one is gorgeous!!!! what color is that and he said it must be Topaz .
Then he said...But honey our new one is way better that is the OLD 3 series

Last edited by makecopies; 03-26-2013 at 10:00 AM.
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #158
auto180sx

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
Last week some guy told me I had a great looking Mercedes. All while pointing to the body colored grills....
A few years back when I bought the car I took it to a full service car wash in town, the guy that vacuumed my car told me I had a sweet M4.

Atleast these people are trying to be nice and a complement is a compliment, even if they are stupid.

OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #159
RossGuy

My Ride: FBM
I actually got told a few times I had a nice bimmer, when it was a debadged 98 Volvo C70.
RossGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #160
customisbetter

My Ride: 02 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by klangford View Post
When I was owned my NSX someone met me as I was pulling up at Blockbuster. He was like, "Wow, that's an NSX, I love those things, can you pop the hood so I can see the engine".
(Mid engine car).
I then popped the 'hood' and when I lifted it I said, "Damn it, someone stole it AGAIN!"
Hahahahaha I'll have to use that next time I'm driving my dads boxster. I brought it to a car show and everybody wanted to see what a flat six looked like and all i could show then was the mint trunk lining. lol