E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #261
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Maybe I should ditch the pushups and replace with cable crossovers for 12-15 reps? I don't want total exercises over 3.
Is there a particular reason why?
DonaldE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #262
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
Is there a particular reason why?
If you go back a few pages I was doing a typical 4 day bodybuilding split recently, where I had flat bench / incline dumbell / pec dec / cable flies / push downs / dips for my chest & triceps day. Similar amount of exercises for all 4 days...

I dreaded going to the gym, I hated being there (for the wrong reasons) and I was missing at least one workout a week. I always push myself in the gym, but the lack of motivation was really disappointing and unusual.

I found the end was never near with that amount of exercises, but I didn't notice the amounts of sets I was doing nearly as much. I would be in the zone and then I would unrack the weight after 4 sets and go "whats next?". I'd look and see a list of 4-5 exercises and just hate it.

This way I can still get the volume / compound lifts I need and I actually enjoy being in the gym. I'm looking forward to going today for example, since I haven't been since tuesday.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #263
DonaldE

Quote:
If you go back a few pages I was doing a typical 4 day bodybuilding split recently, where I had flat bench / incline dumbell / pec dec / cable flies / push downs / dips for my chest & triceps day. Similar amount of exercises for all 4 days...

I dreaded going to the gym, I hated being there (for the wrong reasons) and I was missing at least one workout a week. I always push myself in the gym, but the lack of motivation was really disappointing and unusual.

I found the end was never near with that amount of exercises, but I didn't notice the amounts of sets I was doing nearly as much. I would be in the zone and then I would unrack the weight after 4 sets and go "whats next?". I'd look and see a list of 4-5 exercises and just hate it.

This way I can still get the volume / compound lifts I need and I actually enjoy being in the gym. I'm looking forward to going today for example, since I haven't been since tuesday.
I would really stay away from anything typical if you plan on enjoying yourself at the gym. That being said, there have been month stretches where I hate being at the gym. But tha'ts just part of it. I hate eating the same **** everyday too. Bodybuilding is a whole different way of life. You can't really be picky
but do yourself a favor and quit doing the same thins over and over again. "Splits" are silly and never work
Train instinctively based on what you feel needs to be worked on, on a daily basis. I never erally know what I'm going to train till the morning of. And the subtly and unknowingness really helps keep me sane during long days at the gym and long stretches of gym visits. (3 times daily for mulitple cardio sessions, etc.)
For your sake, try a 2 on - 1 off split. Workout 2 days, then take a day off. and repeat.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #264
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
I would really stay away from anything typical if you plan on enjoying yourself at the gym. That being said, there have been month stretches where I hate being at the gym. But tha'ts just part of it. I hate eating the same **** everyday too. Bodybuilding is a whole different way of life. You can't really be picky
but do yourself a favor and quit doing the same thins over and over again. "Splits" are silly and never work
Train instinctively based on what you feel needs to be worked on, on a daily basis. I never erally know what I'm going to train till the morning of. And the subtly and unknowingness really helps keep me sane during long days at the gym and long stretches of gym visits. (3 times daily for mulitple cardio sessions, etc.)
For your sake, try a 2 on - 1 off split. Workout 2 days, then take a day off. and repeat.
I've heard this before. I think I'd end up skipping things though.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #265
DonaldE

But you'd only be skipping legs if they're sore
That's how it works
When your muscle is ready, hit it (Instead of wating for the right day to do it)
Old 02-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #266
dabears

Yeah I know me best, and trust me; I need a routine or I'm fking useless haha. I have the mental ability to boss myself into doing whatever the program I've made for myself prescribes, but if I were to just go in and wing it I know I'd find every excuse to make it easy on myself / get out of there asap.

Funny how everyone's different... part of the reason I don't envy personal trainers.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #267
dabears

Impressive pic btw... You must have been sub 5% BF no? You can see the fibres in chest, entire deltoid etc
Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #268
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
But you'd only be skipping legs if they're sore
That's how it works
When your muscle is ready, hit it (Instead of wating for the right day to do it)
I'm usually good to go 2 days later so I'm probably repeat a lot of the same stuff lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #269
dabears

I like to keep my deadlift / squat days at least 3 days apart to give the DOMS time to subcede or my lifts suffer.

I've found a 3 day split works best for my lifestyle, and I can adhere to it with ease. I firmly believe I can still get stronger and look better with my current routine... few tweaks can't hurt though
Old 02-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #270
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Impressive pic btw... You must have been sub 5% BF no? You can see the fibres in chest, entire deltoid etc
He's lean, but that's not five percent via any of the scientific methods (not that details of bodyfat percentage really ever matters.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #271
DonaldE

Quote:
yeah, I was very low. Around 4. Just holding water
This was 2 nights before the NPC Big Sky in Missoula, Montana
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #272
DonaldE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
He's lean, but that's not five percent via any of the scientific methods (not that details of bodyfat percentage really ever matters.)
Not sure how you came to this, but you're wrong.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #273
DonaldE

My sodium levels were through the roof due to being about 2 days out from a show and was holding serious water. Also my left side abdomen is deformed. But aside from all that and shitty lighting and a terible cameraman, I was right at about 5%
Old 02-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #274
dwass325

Quote:
Not sure how you came to this, but you're wrong.
Cool. Prove me wrong with a scientifically valid test.

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #275
DonaldE

Quote:
Cool. Prove me wrong with a scientifically valid test.
I'm not even going to indulge your ignorance
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #276
dwass325

Quote:
I'm not even going to indulge your ignorance
Definition of bro-science

Quote:

Old 02-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #277
DonaldE

Quote:
Definition of bro-science
What's that. Asking stupid questions?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #278
dwass325

Quote:
What's that. Asking stupid questions?
You made an easily verifiable claim and refuse to verify it. If you want to prove me wrong, ignorant, etc, just post your BodPod (or similar measuring method) printout.

I'm not even trying to be a jerk. You're in great shape. Nobody's questioning that you were lean - I'm just saying that pulling numbers out of thin air is silly. If you claimed a 700 squat, you'd probably have something to prove it. This shouldn't be any different, especially if you're going to insult other people based on your (seemingly) baseless claim.

Quote:

Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #279
DonaldE

I had a 9 site bf caliper done that night. This was 4 years ago. I have the trophy from winning the show against 8 other guys. But that's it.

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Tan Leather Interior
OEM Style 71s
Loaded

DonaldE
Old 02-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #280
DonaldE

My body fat now is probably closer to 12. That pic was used solely yo show that my legs we're bigger than the rest of my body

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Tan Leather Interior
OEM Style 71s
Loaded

DonaldE