E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #21
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
welcome to the forums.

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #22
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Thanks for the order Matt

For the install of the DICE have you viewed our installation guide and video install guide for the DICE? I will link them below but we route the cable forward, store the iPod module itself behind the glovebox and then route the cable for the dock over to the ash tray(the easiest part of the install). If you have any questions let me know and shoot them my way.

Here is the pdf guide:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr..._E46_Coupe.pdf

Video guide is under the blue video tab about 1/2 way down the page:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...d-Kit-by-DICE/

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #23
MysticBlueM3

My Ride: 2005 M3, MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
Thanks for the order Matt

For the install of the DICE have you viewed our installation guide and video install guide for the DICE? I will link them below but we route the cable forward, store the iPod module itself behind the glovebox and then route the cable for the dock over to the ash tray(the easiest part of the install). If you have any questions let me know and shoot them my way....
I've seen both of those before, but the links are good to have easily accessible here. What path behind the dash do you use to route the ashtray cable if you say that's the easiest part of the install?

I plan or order the Sage 1 + subwoofer systems next week. On the BSW website the subwoofer system is backordered. How long does it normally take backordered items to ship? thanks for the help Halston!... I can't wait to get the better system installed with the DICE and everything!
MysticBlueM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlueM3 View Post
I've seen both of those before, but the links are good to have easily accessible here. What path behind the dash do you use to route the ashtray cable if you say that's the easiest part of the install?

I plan or order the Sage 1 + subwoofer systems next week. On the BSW website the subwoofer system is backordered. How long does it normally take backordered items to ship? thanks for the help Halston!... I can't wait to get the better system installed with the DICE and everything!
You want to go right to the center console. When you pull out the ashtray you will see there is a small hole, drop the cable down the hole and then lift on the passenger side of the console. Wire will fall into the floor board

Tuck it under the console and up to the glovebox. Plug it in and you are jamming out

Subs come in all the time so the wait time would be very short. We constantly have them coming in. I will find out on Monday when we are expecting the systems. It is a little late right now to give my shipping manager a call. 11pm EST right now

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Old 07-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #25
MysticBlueM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
You want to go right to the center console.
Subs come in all the time so the wait time would be very short. We constantly have them coming in. I will find out on Monday when we are expecting the systems. It is a little late right now to give my shipping manager a call. 11pm EST right now
Good to know. I was a little worried about the "backorder" thing. Thanks also for the info about the routing of the wire.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

We get through backorders that do come up as fast as possible! As said we get many orders while we are out of stock and then fulfill as they come in and sometimes end up with not enough! They are very popular our E46 products

We get them coming though!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #27
MysticBlueM3

I installed the DICE today! it sounds SO much better than the plain AUx Input cable I had in there before. The simple upgrade to the DICE alone makes it sound like I have new speakers when playing music from my iPod! I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting one!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #28
carbon323

My Ride: RIP
welcome to e46fanatics buddy!

hope to see ya around
carbon323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #29
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
I installed the DICE today! it sounds SO much better than the plain AUx Input cable I had in there before. The simple upgrade to the DICE alone makes it sound like I have new speakers when playing music from my iPod! I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting one!
Easy DIY!

Glad you are enjoying it!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #30
blackbeam05

My Ride: 2004 325i
hey matt...wanna help me with a brake flush and flex coupling?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #31
MysticBlueM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeam05 View Post
hey matt...wanna help me with a brake flush and flex coupling?
Sure! You're in/around Macon? I've never done a flex coupling before, but I'll help if I can. I can easily help with a brake flush. Just PM me or something and we'll figure out a day and time.

- Matt
Old 07-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #32
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Willkommen
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #33
MysticBlueM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post
Willkommen
That's "welcome" is some language... Dutch, Norwegian or something like that. I recognize it.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:38 AM   #34
killasant

My Ride: 330 ci
i'm definately upgrading my system now
killasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #35
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Sure! You're in/around Macon? I've never done a flex coupling before, but I'll help if I can. I can easily help with a brake flush. Just PM me or something and we'll figure out a day and time.

- Matt
It is not too terrible of a job.

Fresh brake fluid feels great after it is done!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #36
MysticBlueM3

Still waiting on those speakers... but once they come in I'm all over it. 4-12 weeks was more than I expected when I ordered them ("backordered") but I can't wait to see how the new system(s) sound!

Glad to help out people when I can... if anyone else around the Macon,GA area needs a hand in the next year or so, let me know!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #37
Micah D. Cranman
Sponsor

My Ride: '03 ZHP
We're working on reducing wait times for all of our products with additional inventory levels. Soon! Promise it's worth the wait.

Micah D. Cranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #38
MysticBlueM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah D. Cranman View Post
We're working on reducing wait times for all of our products with additional inventory levels. Soon! Promise it's worth the wait.
Y'all need an Industrial Engineer (IE) working for you to help with that! I get my IE degree May 2010, so I know what IEs do... production aspects just being one of the may things.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #39
styles330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah D. Cranman View Post
Welcome, Matt!

I'm a little biased, but in my last 03 330i ZHP I had the Stage 1 and d110.e46s and loved it. We've made a number of improvements to the Stage 1 since then, so sound quality is better than ever.

However, our products aren't for everyone -- audio is a subjective thing and what sounds good to some doesn't to others. We focus on sound quality and accurate engineering so that our products reproduce music as faithfully as possible. Others prefer tons of bass, some very little.

Maybe you could tell me a little bit about what you're trying to accomplish with an audio upgrade, previous systems you've had, and what shortcomings of your BMW's audio system you'd like to improve upon, and I can help you make the right product choice, whether it's ours or another company's.
I was thinking of doing the upgrade but I currently have the 12 speaker H&K sound system and it sounds great. I'd like more bass. I'm interested in what the sub sounds like.

FYI - I hate Infinity, Rockford, Alpine, etc. as far as car audio goes (minus Alpine for headunits). My previous systems I've liked:

2 12" JLw3v2 with a JL 500/1 Amp
1 12" JLw7 with a JL 1000/1 Amp

How does it compare?
styles330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #40
Micah D. Cranman
Sponsor

My Ride: '03 ZHP
Mystic: Maybe you're right. Something to consider! The reality is, however, that it's more about capital issues in this market. As a growing business, even a healthy one, it's difficult to get outside capital to finance inventory needs and projects, and that stifles growth. We are, however, making some progress in terms of business financing, so we should see some real improvement in inventory levels over the next 90-120 days.

styles: I'm not a big fan of the HK system -- there's a lot of room for improvement in my opinion. But audio is subjective, and if you're happy, enjoy it. As for our d110 system, it's not going to have the same amount of output either of those systems produced, but the bass response is extraordinarily clean and tight. It's a more "adult" oriented system, but it'll jam out, too, if that's what you want.

If you're not sure, buy one, and if you don't like it, send it back for a full refund.

Micah D. Cranman is offline   Reply With Quote