E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
danielkspencer

My Ride: 2006 Mustang GT
I'm selling my 330i

I know there is a forum for this, but since this is where I hang I wanted to post it here, as well.

I fixed the nav screen that was giving me issues. I updated the nav software last month. It has brand new tires all around. This car is in 100% condition. Very Beautiful car. If anyone is interested PM me. The car was just buffed and is looking awesome. I put in an AUX input under the armrest. I'm OCD and this car shows it. It's spotless and flawless. CLEAN CARFAX!!!!!!! Never Wrecked or Damaged!!!!
I want it to go to a good home.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
fordpwns

My Ride: GR STi
wrong forum bro

-Dr. F. Pwns

"bro a real university is a little bit harder than community college. let me know if you get into haas, then you'll see"
fordpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
danielkspencer

Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing out what I said in the first line of the thread. I just put it here because this is really the only place I post and I figured the guys on here would eat it up with the system and factory nav. I put it on the classified section, too. Just thought I'd let the people I talk to the most know about it as well. But glad you set me straight. I'd hate to mess up the forum by posting illegal info on it. And you don't even have a BMW anymore??? Then, aren't you on the wrong forum anyway????????????????????????? Go police the Subaru threads, dude.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
M3_GTR

My Ride: hates driveways
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkspencer View Post
Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing out what I said in the first line of the thread. I just put it here because this is really the only place I post and I figured the guys on here would eat it up with the system and factory nav. I put it on the classified section, too. Just thought I'd let the people I talk to the most know about it as well. But glad you set me straight. I'd hate to mess up the forum by posting illegal info on it. And you don't even have a BMW anymore??? Then, aren't you on the wrong forum anyway????????????????????????? Go police the Subaru threads, dude.

good luck with the sale

FOR SALE!
M3_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
scottswheels

My Ride: is 10!!
Quote:
lol. thx for this rant! baru drivers
Old 07-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
danielkspencer

How could you get rid of something like this for a Subaru, anyway??????????????????????????????

Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
GLWS even if it is in the wrong forum

Potential trades?

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
danielkspencer

Probably not, rather have cash. But will listen to offers.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
I know there is a forum for this, but since this is where I hang I wanted to post it here, as well.

I fixed the nav screen that was giving me issues. I updated the nav software last month. It has brand new tires all around. This car is in 100% condition. Very Beautiful car. If anyone is interested PM me. The car was just buffed and is looking awesome. I put in an AUX input under the armrest. I'm OCD and this car shows it. It's spotless and flawless. CLEAN CARFAX!!!!!!! Never Wrecked or Damaged!!!!
I want it to go to a good home.

Good luck with the sale! Glad you were able to get the Nav fixed and running OK... Was it the screen or DVD drive?

And BTW, no way you are as OCD as me, or you would have matched your headlight trim to your clear corners... What's with the silver / black combo?

Silver corners:

Last edited by sna77; 07-06-2009 at 07:36 PM.
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
danielkspencer

Hey SNA77. I was wondering where you were at. Yeah, I had an area of stuck pixels. Fixed it with a DIY. Pretty easy but time consuming. As a result of the process I also had to remove the anti-glare coating. But that was super easy and makes the screen look WAY better. I highly suggest you try it if you haven't already.

As far as the corners go. . . that's how it was when I bought it. Never even knew they could be any different. Thanks for giving me something else to Obcess about. lol Dude, trust me I'm bad. I can't even go for a short drive without cleaning the wheels with Plexus. lol I have to be spotless at all times. So can I just buy the trim or is it the entire corner that's made like that?????
Wait, are you sure these aren't matched??????? Looks black to me. I think that pix before just looked silver.

Last edited by danielkspencer; 07-07-2009 at 09:34 AM.
danielkspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Hey SNA77. I was wondering where you were at. Yeah, I had an area of stuck pixels. Fixed it with a DIY. Pretty easy but time consuming. As a result of the process I also had to remove the anti-glare coating. But that was super easy and makes the screen look WAY better. I highly suggest you try it if you haven't already.

As far as the corners go. . . that's how it was when I bought it. Never even knew they could be any different. Thanks for giving me something else to Obcess about. lol Dude, trust me I'm bad. I can't even go for a short drive without cleaning the wheels with Plexus. lol I have to be spotless at all times. So can I just buy the trim or is it the entire corner that's made like that?????
Wait, are you sure these aren't matched??????? Looks black to me. I think that pix before just looked silver.

DKS,
Where is the DIY on removing the anti-glare coating? I would love to do that...

So there are 2 options for the trims:

Black headlight inserts w/black corner lenses

or

Silver trim inserts w/silver corner lenses.

Whoever bought the clears for your car, ordered black corners for a car with silver headlight inserts. Oyy.

Personally, I think the black on black looks WAY better. Keep the black corner lights you have now and swap out the silver inserts with black ones.

My DIY has instructions on home to remove the headlight lenses. You only need the first 2-3 steps, ignore the part about changing the ballasts:
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/hl/headlight.htm

Notice how much cleaner this looks on my headlights:
Old 07-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
sna77
OEM ///Member

Amazingly, you can't buy the black inserts from BMW, only the silver ones... You can spray paint them easily enough or find someone willing to swap, or buy a pair of used headlights (halogen is fine) and just grab the trims...

This kid is selling a pair of the black inserts for $100... Looks like he "upgraded" to titanium. I suggest you grab those: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=659926

Last edited by sna77; 07-07-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
danielkspencer

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah that would look cool on mine. I'm not really trying to spend more money on mine until I know for sure if I'm going to sell it. But I'm leaning toward keeping it unless someone comes along with what I'm asking.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
danielkspencer

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...k+metal+polish

Here's the thread for the antiglare removal. It's a piece of cake to do, you'll be happy.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...k+metal+polish

Here's the thread for the antiglare removal. It's a piece of cake to do, you'll be happy.
Wow! brave. Did you take the screen apart to apply that or just do it with the bezel on? How did it come out? I wonder how it holds up long term?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #16
danielkspencer

You have to take the screen out to get to the entire thing. Very easy though. I did the entire thing while my gf was fixing her hair. 1 hour start to finish. BTW I used Flitz Metal polish instead of Peek and it worked great. I didn't even see the need to finish with a less abrasive polish but I hit it with Maguires Ultimate compound just in case. Now the screen has no scratches and isn't dull looking. Plus, now it can be cleaned easily with a microfiber and it doesn't scratch. I love it.

I think I'll just get my trim on my lights painted. My buddy is a car painter and I'm sure he'll do it for way cheaper than I can buy a set. Are they gloss or semi-goss?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #17
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
You have to take the screen out to get to the entire thing. Very easy though. I did the entire thing while my gf was fixing her hair. 1 hour start to finish. BTW I used Flitz Metal polish instead of Peek and it worked great. I didn't even see the need to finish with a less abrasive polish but I hit it with Maguires Ultimate compound just in case. Now the screen has no scratches and isn't dull looking. Plus, now it can be cleaned easily with a microfiber and it doesn't scratch. I love it.

I think I'll just get my trim on my lights painted. My buddy is a car painter and I'm sure he'll do it for way cheaper than I can buy a set. Are they gloss or semi-goss?
Cool... I may grow some ball$ and try it... Did you see a seperate DIY that shows how to remove the faceplate of the screen?

BTW, flat black - semi gloss is the way to go. You have the corner lights there already, so just do your best to match them...

Spray paint works fine, no need for professional anything... Be careful not to break any tabs when taking apart the headlights or condensation will get into the lights.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #18
danielkspencer

Cool, Yeah there is a link in that thread that shows how to take the bezel off. The screen and bezel both come off first then you very carefully unscrew the bezel from the back of the screen. It's a trick getting to all 4 screws because the ribon cable is short. Then pop off the bezel and reconnect the screen to the unit without the bezel so you have something to hold to and also to protect the ribon cable. It's simple and very worth it.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #19
danielkspencer

And now I have black headlight trim. Still for sale, but the clock is ticking!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
joeyvaz

My Ride: '11 Cayenne GTS;
Daniel, did you document the DIY on fixing the dead pixels?
joeyvaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330i, for sale, sell