E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #21
jorg323

My Ride: 1999 323i
Here's the above-mentioned link on the cutoff mod DIY if anyone's interested:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=659505

18" Black ASA AR1 Rims | Yokohama Advan S4 Tires | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Brembo Slotted Rotors | 6000k Xenons | 6000k P. Chrom. Angel Eyes | Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights | K&N FIPK CAI | M-Tech II Front Bumper | 35% Tint | Clear Corners | Matte Black Grille
jorg323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 AM   #22
Jason@Euro-Division
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: e46
Angel eyes and install process looks great!

If anybody wants a HID kit that will not cause any errors, our EDX v1 HID kit will achieve that. You will not get errors or flickering even with facelift models.

No reflash needed, no capacitors needed.

More info here:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=715924

Your Australian Source For BMW

EXTERIOR / INTERIOR / LIGHTING / WHEELS / BRAKES / CF PARTS
Jason@Euro-Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 AM   #23
Ashhong

My Ride: 2002 325i
thanks for the pics dude, they look good. i need to fix mine or something, they dont look nearly as nice =P

hey Umnitza, have a HID question for you, clear your inbox!
Ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
daedalus34r

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Your welcome.

I am surprised how neat/tidy the cutoffs look considering it is aftermarket and unadjusted. to be honest I do like the bounce __/ __/ cutoff for the passenger side... i dont know why people would want to make it flat. I checked a relative's lexus es350 hids and it had a similar bounce... just far less pronounced.
daedalus34r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #25
BakaN20

My Ride: 06 350z 03 325xi
Looks great! Thanks for the write-up

Home - Fcuk Iraq - Done playing Soldier
06 350z - Nismo Exhaust/Dynotune Nitrous Wet Shot/NANO Kit/Motordyne 5/16th Spaver/mrev2/Other stuff
03 325xi - Monokuro Boo neck rest and seat belt pads, floor mats. ~Stock~
BakaN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #26
snowcatxx87

My Ride: 04 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus34r View Post
I'm amazed you can infer poor cutoff/distrobution from the 1 picture I have with the light's on. I find it to be perfectly acceptable and a massive upgrade from what I had prior.

Why are you wasting your time here?? go to the dealer and get your oem xenons installed!!!
What? I have a 2000 323i with P46 and a 2004 330CI with OEM adaptive xenon.

Stop being so arrogant, I am not basing any of my comments off of your"1 picture". I'm basing my words off my 3 years of P46 use.

Quote:
I dont know why I cant edit my original post... but here are some light cutoff photos.
Why are you taking your pictures 5 feet away from the garage?

Drive back 30 feet and show me a cut off picture.
snowcatxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #27
daedalus34r

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcatxx87 View Post
What? I have a 2000 323i with P46 and a 2004 330CI with OEM adaptive xenon.

Stop being so arrogant, I am not basing any of my comments off of your"1 picture". I'm basing my words off my 3 years of P46 use.

Why are you taking your pictures 5 feet away from the garage?

Drive back 30 feet and show me a cut off picture.
Obvious troll is obvious

If you have extensive experience with P46 then why are you asking for my cutoff photo from 30' ? You should already know its ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE right??? The horror!!!

Anways, we get it, you dont like P46, OEM is better [obviously] .... Many people here are interested in P46 for various reasons: either pre installed angel eyes, price for NEW components, or convenience of purchasing from a verified vendor and not a potential scammer on eBay.

Bottom Line: Enjoy your oem xenons, we'll enjoy our P46s

END.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:19 AM   #28
kylek283

My Ride: 04 330i SMG
daedalus34r, are these the umnitza premium or lite version headlight set up? I too am looking into this upgrade, but can't tell the difference between the 2 kits on their website. All I see is a $200 price difference.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #29
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylek283 View Post
daedalus34r, are these the umnitza premium or lite version headlight set up? I too am looking into this upgrade, but can't tell the difference between the 2 kits on their website. All I see is a $200 price difference.
The Premium is a better quality headlight assembly with higher quality components, but once installed on the car, the differences are minor.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #30
snowcatxx87

Quote:
Obvious troll is obvious

If you have extensive experience with P46 then why are you asking for my cutoff photo from 30' ? You should already know its ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE right??? The horror!!!

Anways, we get it, you dont like P46, OEM is better [obviously] .... Many people here are interested in P46 for various reasons: either pre installed angel eyes, price for NEW components, or convenience of purchasing from a verified vendor and not a potential scammer on eBay.

Bottom Line: Enjoy your oem xenons, we'll enjoy our P46s

END.
Convenience of a known vendor? More like price gouging and taking an item and simply marking it up.

You're missing the point completely, but that doesn't surprise me, your arrogance speaks for itself.

The point is the amount of mis-information on this forum. The vendors keep pushing, and pushing and pushing these P46's. Then people buy them, and post up warm fuzzies because they want to be a part of a community. It's nature to want to feel that way.

Enjoy your sub-par product.

You sir, deserve the
Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #31
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Quote:
Convenience of a known vendor? More like price gouging and taking an item and simply marking it up.

You're missing the point completely, but that doesn't surprise me, your arrogance speaks for itself.

The point is the amount of mis-information on this forum. The vendors keep pushing, and pushing and pushing these P46's. Then people buy them, and post up warm fuzzies because they want to be a part of a community. It's nature to want to feel that way.

Enjoy your sub-par product.

You sir, deserve the
You're an idiot, just stop talking, period.

To the OP, thanks for the write-up man, just got mine in the mail because I COULD NOT FIND a nice set of oem bi-xenons for a decent price. That and I did want the Orion V2's and wanted them installed by the guy that makes them. I'm going to be installing these in the next day or 2 and your write-up will help me out a lot so thanks for taking the time to do so.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #32
snowcatxx87

So we have another band-wagoner joining in do we. Where are you facts and arguments to back up your claims that I'm in fact the idiot? You sir are the idiot for posting nothing other than your opinion.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #33
daedalus34r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
You're an idiot, just stop talking, period.

To the OP, thanks for the write-up man, just got mine in the mail because I COULD NOT FIND a nice set of oem bi-xenons for a decent price. That and I did want the Orion V2's and wanted them installed by the guy that makes them. I'm going to be installing these in the next day or 2 and your write-up will help me out a lot so thanks for taking the time to do so.
You’re welcome. That's exactly why I put together this write-up. To give my experience with the product and let people decide for themselves. Some might go for the P46... other's will decline and wait for a decent set of used OEM xenons.

Quote:
So we have another band-wagoner joining in do we. Where are you facts and arguments to back up your claims that I'm in fact the idiot? You sir are the idiot for posting nothing other than your opinion.
You know, I could ask you the same thing? WHERE IS YOUR PROOF?? All I hear is conjecture... very much similar to my own, however I've posted pictures and details of P46s.... as have many others on this forum.

Why don't you use your energy to good use and write up "THE DEFINITIVE WHY P46s ARE INFERIOR THREAD" ?? Post tons of photos, analysis and discussion to prove your point!! You will find like minded individuals to join your cause and educate everyone here on the forum. I did my part to contribute to this forum... what about you?

INSTEAD YOU CHOOSE TO TROLL. You made your point, albeit rudely and condescendingly without any proof. I would ask you to stop posting, but then I realized every time you say something it sounds ridiculous and incredibly childish.... helping prove my point. Also, your posts give my thread a nice bump so it stays up top so other's can read it and learn about the P46. So feel free to keep this "discussion" going.

I respect the fact that you prefer OEM. I respect your intention to inform the e46fanatics that P46 is not perfect. I AGREE; IT'S A COMPROMISE. But you are a complete fool for not understanding why people are so interested about P46s, why it is a popular product and why a proper working set is a SATISFACTORY xenon solution.

I'll spare you the face palm... you've been shamed enough.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #34
daedalus34r

Quote:
I almost missed this gem.

Vendors keep pushing?

Ok, so on these forums, we have "sponsors". They are allowed to respond to inquiries people have about their products. There are no threats or usage of force to get a forum member to purchase a particular product. Instead it is a very useful communication tool. Members can contact vendors directly, in a more personal manner instead of wadding thru contact info on their website.

Seems like peer-pressure is a touchy issue for you... but worry not, there is no pressure here. I was not pressured to desire xenons or angel eyes. I, like many other members here, was wowed when I first laid eyes on the quad halos [E39 ftw]. And again, like many others, wished the same product existed for our E46s.

Low and behold, I learn there is such a product, and many people have purchased/installed them. How did I learn this?? I CAME TO THIS FORUM TO READ, DISCUSS AND ASK QUESTIONS.

Granted, it does feel nice to contribute to this forum, answer questions with what limited knowledge I have about mods and such. But if forums weren't there, how would all of this get accomplished?

There is no warm or fuzzy feeling when people buy, install & share. If you like to keep to yourself and minimize contact with the outside world, that is your prerogative. Don't patronize others for wanting to participate in car modification.

You mention mis-information. When comparing the final installed product to the information available on multiple bmw forums, I found there was a good deal of lack of information in P46 Installation. Many guides are not complete, and this is why I wrote this guide. There are numerous tricky steps that are glossed over. I learned alot while installing these headlights and this guide should save future P46 owners ALOT of time and hassle.

However, there was no mis-information about the product, its quality or performance. Everything matched up very well to what I learned after countless hours of research. I really wonder if you got the ultimate lemon of a P46... but then you mention you had it for 3 years. Why so long if it was complete crap?

I dunno, I can't figure your angle out, but whatever. I find this discussion highly entertaining.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #35
Hartman

My Ride: 2000 323i
People like to ***** about sponsors pushing their products on the forums, but fail to realize competition amongst sponsors on this forum and others lowers prices for everyone and creates innovative products for us all to enjoy. One clear example is the LED angel eye battle...Umnitza and EAS are both battling for our dollars, and out of that came two VERY solid products.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #36
snowcatxx87

I don't have as much time as you for posting on an internet forum, sorry.

I might itemize your post and repond back to every point, but I have much better things to do.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #37
Luvmy323ci

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
I don't have as much time as you for posting on an internet forum, sorry.

I might itemize your post and repond back to every point, but I have much better things to do.
It's hard to make a good comeback when you get your a** chewed off, so take your time and i geuss we will see your post in 5 yrs.

On another note great, great write up.. I have learned alot.
Luvmy323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #38
daedalus34r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmy323ci View Post
It's hard to make a good comeback when you get your a** chewed off, so take your time and i geuss we will see your post in 5 yrs.

On another note great, great write up.. I have learned alot.
Thanks , just trying to contribute and inform.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #39
burntass

My Ride: ///m3 vert, 05 MCS
hi, whats your $5 tool from home depot called?

2005 ///m3 cb/cinnamon vert: weekends
2005 Mini Cooper S/jet black hardtop: daily
1988 e30 325ix/gray hardtop: gone
2002 e46 tiag 325ci vert: gone
burntass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #40
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
so a reflash at the dealer loses your high beam functionality? how can we get a reflash and get around losing our high beams?

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET28/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote