E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #81
daedalus34r

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashie View Post
How has everyone sealed the back of the low beam DEPO where the HID and Angle Eye wires come through? (ie. you can't get the rubber cover back on)

I made a very small incision in the center of the rubber boot, about an inch long. It's enough to get all the wiring through. You can connect the rubber boot that way. I used plenty of electrical tape to surround the area where the wiring comes out of the boot for weatherproofing. It's working just fine for me.
daedalus34r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #82
Rodolfo

My Ride: 1999 323i
WOW, just WOW. I'm still new to my 99 323i, and reading this really pumps me up to get these lights from Umnitza!
Rodolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #83
cashie

My Ride: BMW E46 320Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus34r View Post
I made a very small incision in the center of the rubber boot, about an inch long. It's enough to get all the wiring through. You can connect the rubber boot that way. I used plenty of electrical tape to surround the area where the wiring comes out of the boot for weatherproofing. It's working just fine for me.
Thanks, I ended up cutting around a coin a 1" hole and inserting the supplied grommet into this, sealed very well.
cashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #84
reynaldo

My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to reynaldo
Anybody can assist me in installing the connection? I installed the headlight but have no clue on how to connect the wirings etc.
reynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #85
daedalus34r

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynaldo View Post
Anybody can assist me in installing the connection? I installed the headlight but have no clue on how to connect the wirings etc.
go to page one and read the guide ... ? I have links of other guides i used.
daedalus34r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #86
reynaldo

My angel eyes will not light up. I have not connected yet the wire that goes to ECU. Where do I buy that blue clip? I have also the black ground on the driver side coupled with red wire for ground wire?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #87
reynaldo

Where can I find that blue clip to attach the Angel Eyes?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #88
cashie

Any auto store will sell those vampire wire tap crimps......
Did you follow the many angel eye instal DIYs (like the one the OP posted)? I wouldn't have thought the red wire goes to ground with the black wire....
This video from 4.30minutes shows the wiring.

Last edited by cashie; 06-25-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #89
reynaldo

Thank you. Yes I followed the many DIY for AE but with no luck. Passenger side: I figured the black wire is for ground and the red is connected behind the battery terminal. the trigger wire is not use. Driver side: the trigger wire is supposed to be hook up inside the ECU wire. is that correct? I have not connected the trigger wire to the ECU yet gotta buy that blue clip first.

After watching the video: Red thick wire is for positive terminal - DONE. Black thick wire is for negative terminal - not done will do that tomorrow (I hooked it up behind the relay) which is wrong. Passenger trigger wire is for remote - Not done. Driver trigger wire is for 12+ volts inside the ECU - Not done. I need to buy that Blue T-Tap. Hopefully my Angel Eyes will work after completing this. thank you all...

Last edited by reynaldo; 06-26-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:08 AM   #90
cashie

Quote:
Thank you. Yes I followed the many DIY for AE but with no luck. Passenger side: I figured the black wire is for ground and the red is connected behind the battery terminal. the trigger wire is not use. Driver side: the trigger wire is supposed to be hook up inside the ECU wire. is that correct? I have not connected the trigger wire to the ECU yet gotta buy that blue clip first.
Yes that is correct.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #91
reynaldo

Purchased necessary parts like wire tap etc. Got it done today as 1210 CT. Thanks Cashie you're the man...
Old 06-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #92
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
Quote:
Purchased necessary parts like wire tap etc. Got it done today as 1210 CT. Thanks Cashie you're the man...
make sure the black wire goes to 16mm oem ground terminal.
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #93
reynaldo

Yes I installed the black ground wire next to the 19mm nuts. Everything looks good. Angel Eyes working now...

Last edited by reynaldo; 06-26-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #94
spennI

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus34r View Post
Excellent, I'm happy to hear you it's being worked out between customer and vender.

We (forum folks) didnt have the complete information (lite version and over adjusted) ... so it would have been pointless for us to guess at reasons why it wasnt working correctly.

SpennI: Please let us know the resolution, i hope it all works out well in the end.
The saga didn't end well.

Correction: I never over-adjusted the headlights. It was a byproduct of the lights. I eventually purchased "Premium" lights after returning the "Lite" version and the cutoff was similar to those of the "Lite" version.

I tried to send back the "Premium" version and Umnitza refused the package - At that point I had no recourse but to contact my credit card company. The credit card company initiated a conditional credit to my account and then pursued an investigation, which they said would take approx. two months. Two months after the investigation my credit card company sent a letter stating the conditional credit was permanent.

I assume others have had better success with Umnitza, but I will not purchase anything from them moving forward. I'm glad this fiasco is now over.

Purchase from Umnitza at your own risk!
spennI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #95
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
I no longer deal with "sagas" like this on the web.
What I will say to you Mr. Penn, is the way you describe the situation is not at all accurate, and we are pursuing our own remedies at this point.
You have a PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #96
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
I've never seen a sponsor post pics of a P46 units output. Why is this the case if the output isn't that bad? Admittedly Daedalus's pics don't look as bad as others out there, but they're definitely a bit over exposed... the exposure may be hiding some flaws.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #97
snitzl3

My Ride: e60 LCI
Send a message via AIM to snitzl3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
I've never seen a sponsor post pics of a P46 units output. Why is this the case if the output isn't that bad? Admittedly Daedalus's pics don't look as bad as others out there, but they're definitely a bit over exposed... the exposure may be hiding some flaws.
p46 output is better over stock halogen, but it cant touch oem projectors, and def cant come anywhere near the output quality of fxr projectors.....hints the reason why umnitza started selling the p46s with the fxr projectors retroed into them (for an additional charge)
Old 07-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #98
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitzl3 View Post
p46 output is better over stock halogen, but it cant touch oem projectors, and def cant come anywhere near the output quality of fxr projectors.....hints the reason why umnitza started selling the p46s with the fxr projectors retroed into them (for an additional charge)
OEM projectors are honestly pretty good if you're willing to take the time to mod them. Clear lenses and bending the shield back slightly made a world of difference. Probably not as good as FX-Rs, but still pretty good. I got my OEMs for $420 used from a guy on bf.c. Definitely worth it over P46s IMO

Also based on the output pics I've seen of some P46s, I'd probably prefer to just keep halogens. Especially if I had a facelift coupe that comes w/ projectors no matter what.

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 07-29-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #99
snitzl3

My Ride: e60 LCI
Send a message via AIM to snitzl3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
OEM projectors are honestly pretty good if you're willing to take the time to mod them. Clear lenses and bending the shield back slightly made a world of difference. Probably not as good as FX-Rs, but still pretty good. I got my OEMs for $420 used from a guy on bf.c. Definitely worth it over P46s IMO

Also based on the output pics I've seen of some P46s, I'd probably prefer to just keep halogens. Especially if I had a facelift coupe that comes w/ projectors no matter what.
I agree my oems where pretty solid, but i am glad i upgraded to fx-r. If i could go back in time i would have upgraded my halogens straight to oem or fx-r. It kinda reminds me of what everyone says about suspension mods..Dont just get lowering springs on oem shocks, do it right the first time and save in the long run
Old 07-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #100
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitzl3 View Post
I agree my oems where pretty solid, but i am glad i upgraded to fx-r. If i could go back in time i would have upgraded my halogens straight to oem or fx-r. It kinda reminds me of what everyone says about suspension mods..Dont just get lowering springs on oem shocks, do it right the first time and save in the long run
Coilovers > springs & shocks

I'll probably end up doing the FX-R retrofit eventually and move my current projectors over to the highbeam... but for now I want to focus on getting the autoleveling working first. If only I could find the harness for the leveling motors themselves.