E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
reecek

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Bilstien PSS

Hi guys I am considering getting a set of the PSS coil overs, I have a 2002 330ci vert and i'm not interested in going low cept for an occasional visit to the track but comfort and ride hieght is important.
Question does the PSS at its maximum height give the same height as stock ?
reecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
AHEAD OF THE CLASS

My Ride: M3, Ducati 848, RR
Send a message via AIM to AHEAD OF THE CLASS
I have the PSS10 on my M3 an it gives the car a very nice look. I also have a VERT my car is in the Show Thread if you want to see how they look
Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
hummer

My Ride: 2001 330CI
PSS9 in my coupe at it's highest was considerably lower than stock sport. Comfort is not a term to be applied to this suspension. This set up is all about performance handling not comfort! A pot hole blew out the front struts and mushroomed the towers. So, I have gone to std Bilstein sports and H&R sports to get the car back up. Still a very stiff ride which is what I like. Jamacian roads may be a different situation?
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
reecek

hummer- In jamaica there are more potholes than road...guess i may have to rethink the coilovers..

AHEAD OF THE CLASS - Thanks will take a look at em
Old 07-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
hummer

My Ride: 2001 330CI
There are a lot of suspension setups available. If your roads are that bad, you really need to maintain as much ride ht and suspension travel as possible. My setup is slightly lower than OEM sport. If I were you, I would call Bav Auto or the sponsors here and talk about what your goals are and they can advise how to get there. Slammed cars may look great but they are not easy to live with on a daily basis over the long haul they result in other problems.
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
reecek

hummer - not looking for slammed at all was actually caught by the idea of the pss cause i thought I could run at stock height and drop it on the weekends if I want to track it
Old 07-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
rmank

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
You may want to look into a good set of sway bars for some better handling on the track. I have the PSS (not 9 or 10, only height adjustment not dampening) and at the bottom I'm almost getting a bit of tuck on the wheels, never ran it at the top but I'm sure it's lower than stock. Although the height adjustment is possible it seems to be a bit of a pain to do it often. I found a big difference in handling when I put in my sways, and it was pretty easy to do.
rmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #8
blackbeaste46320d

My Ride: BMW 320d TOURING
ive got b4 sport , which are bit stiffer than standard but not lowering the car. superb on bad roads for handling and great comfort!
blackbeaste46320d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
I have the PSS9s on my '05 325i. I'm a fan
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #10
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Are vert's allowed on the track in Jamaica, mon?
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
reecek

kubica -
lol yes iya! mek we jus say we dey pan d fringe a babylon from day 1 so a no notten zeen!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #12
reecek

blackbeast - wats a b4 sport ?