E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
I guess you guys are out having fun right now while us 9-5'ers are sitting in the office.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #22
LuvnMy323i

My Ride: '99 323i
Well it was a pretty nice turnout! 7 cars total. Everyone was super nice, 11 of us total. The run to Mitchell went pretty good. A bit of traffic but our Bimmer convoy was little persuasive for getting people out of the way. The view at Mt. Mitchell was beautiful!! I love the mountains. We decided to head to Burnsville for lunch. On the way we lost a 540i due to busted radiator hose, and from there my joy ride turned into an intense and epic adventure. With a "no man left behind" policy, the 540 driver was scooped up and we continued to Burnsville for lunch and in search of an auto parts store. Remembering Burnsville= BFE, we discovered the smallest NAPA ever, and ate at Hardee's. With no luck @ NAPA and after eating, the group said their good byes and everyone went their own way.

Me and my passenger (my boyfriend, the mechanic savvy fellow) and a fellow 'fanatics ZHP carting the 540 driver begain our hour long journey to the nearest BMW dealership for a radiator hose. After much traffic and what seemed like forever we made it, and picked up the replacement hose. Next, stopped at wal-mart for some coolant and then were on our way for the hour trip back. Not excited to return the way from which we had come, we decided to take the parkway back (the way we had gone to Mt Mitchell originally), hopefully getting in some spirited driving a missing the interstate traffic. Well, the parkway was nearly deserted and I'd say we had plenty of spiriting!! After exiting the parkway onto NC 80 our paced slowed a bit to adjust for narrower lanes and tighter curves. For the rest of the story go here.

If you've read that story and want to see pics go here.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:55 AM   #23
Nick12908

My Ride: ZHP
I am sorry I did not contact everyone here earlier that I wasn't going to be able to make it today. I had to be in Charlotte today due to a family arrangement. I am upset that I could not make it today. Looks like it was a great turnout. I hope to see yall sometime soon in the future.

Nick
Nick12908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #24
dtmpoweralex

My Ride: 135
What a day!

I'm glad that everyone is okay. I can't believe you guys ran into more trouble. At least everyone came out okay. So how bad is the ZHP? will it just need some front end work and a new radiator or do you think there are more problems? I'm so sorry that happened Jon. I hope you made it home okay.
dtmpoweralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #25
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Thanks for the pics. Hopefully next time a meet is scheduled it will be on the weekend so more of us can make it out.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #26
sc330

My Ride: 330i ZHP
here is some more pics from the trip, http://www.photoshop.com/user/gstock...c82a5&wf=share
sc330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
jblack03zhp

My Ride: 330i zhp
sooo update:

dad was like wtf, but both parents where just glad logan and I were ok. And they felt bad about being stuck w/ no phone/signal/etc.

damage report:
5000 grand(efff)
And from what my mom remembered from the phone call(probably not all the things since, god help her, doesnt know much about cars)
Bumper
Radiator
compressor
front 2 rims turned out to be damaged (yay! 2 less rims I have to pay to get refinished)
and then hoses other little things.

should be done by end of next week.

Will have pics and full report when I get it.

And on a lighter note, just spit ballin here but, I think we should do it again in the winter when everyones off and back home for break? response was good interest has been sparked. Any feed back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
The difference being men don't make excuses to rationalize why it's okay. We do as we please. No fucks will be given. You ma'am, give a fuck.
jblack03zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #28
e46JAB

My Ride: Titan over Tannin
That sucks, at least your car is not totaled, been in kind of the same situation before though. I was so happy when I got my car back. Yeah I really want to get in on the next drive. Hopefully on a weekend.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #29
BimmerBoy323

My Ride: 2002 330i sport pkg.
So when is the next drive? Hopefully on a weekend!! I'd love to go cruisn' with some other bimmers! I'm pretty active on the mr2oc board (the toyota mr2 owners club) and we do meets and drives like this just about once a month if not more. Hope to meet some of you carolina e46fanatics here soon!
BimmerBoy323 is offline   Reply With Quote