E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #21
4ngie
Registered User
 
4ngie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 4TL4NT4
Posts: 69,982
My Ride: Chrissspyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
After seeing so many house fires and seeing cheap sheet metal lockers opened with screwdrivers, I had to get a serious fire safe. Excellent investment.
Agreed.
__________________
4ngiefest VII - 10/5/2013

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #22
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,835
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Main Arsenal:

(Missing from Photo: Glock 22, Glock 20C, Marlin Model 60 .22 rifle)

(Still on Special Order: Springfield M1A Loaded ERC & JAE-100 G2 stock)











The Safe:










My Tri-Gun Competition combo:
(DPMS M4, Benelli M4 LE, Glock 34)


nice

I've been thinking about picking up a Benelli M4; is it as good as everyone says? Ohh and what's that handguard with the rail?
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #23
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,391
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Reedo, have you considered a Glockworx competition trigger for your 34? I'm debating it, those things are silky....seriously like a 1911 trigger.

ANDD....what kinda magwell is that on your 34?
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #24
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,794
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
nice

I've been thinking about picking up a Benelli M4; is it as good as everyone says? Ohh and what's that handguard with the rail?
It's the FAB Defense 4-rail system. It was a HUGE pain in the neck to get to fit right. I had to do some serious grinding with a Dremel to get it to fit, but once I got it to fit right, it fit perfectly. It's a pretty handy system. I've burnt my thumb on the barrel while holding the stock handguard. This rail forend covers it, and I don't have to worry about burns when doing shotgun -> pistol transitions in competition.

The M4 is seriously amazing. I love it to pieces. I have a history with the M1015 and I've owned a Benelli for 10 years, so I already knew I was getting a sweet toy. It's the whole package, and it just amazingly reliable. You should pick one up if you're looking for a tactical shotgun. The fixed stock on it is pretty nice and feels great.

Check out Tactical Shotgunner for good Benelli M1/M2/M4 tactical stuff.
http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 07-31-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #25
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,794
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Reedo, have you considered a Glockworx competition trigger for your 34? I'm debating it, those things are silky....seriously like a 1911 trigger.

ANDD....what kinda magwell is that on your 34?
Not on my G34. Glock put a 4.5lb tactical trigger on it that is such a huge improvement over stock. I'm used to the 5.5lb stock trigger from my work pistol, so having something similar but slightly lighter is really nice. I may decide to go down to a 3.5lb trigger on it though, but I'm leary to have something too light. I also have to remain mostly stock for various competitions, including the GSSF matches.

I love Glockmeister. The magwell is the Glockmeister aluminum magwell. They make a really heavy brass one, but I didn't need the extra weight.
http://www.glockmeister.com/

The mag extensions are factory Glock +2 extensions.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #26
SKIPPY PB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Removed - tim330i
Posts: 1,016
My Ride: YZ125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmoney2k27 View Post


Why does everyone think suppressors are illegal? I was just explaining to someone the other day they are perfectly legal. However, to get one you have to fill out a good amount of paperwork and pay a $200-300 tax on whatever suppressor you buy.
This is mad deep ago i know but where we are from suppressors are illegal in most towns around the area. It goes by town you live in and were pretty unlucky.
SKIPPY PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #27
Ferm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,987
My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
It's the FAB Defense 4-rail system. It was a HUGE pain in the neck to get to fit right. I had to do some serious grinding with a Dremel to get it to fit, but once I got it to fit right, it fit perfectly. It's a pretty handy system. I've burnt my thumb on the barrel while holding the stock handguard. This rail forend covers it, and I don't have to worry about burns when doing shotgun -> pistol transitions in competition.

The M4 is seriously amazing. I love it to pieces. I have a history with the M1015 and I've owned a Benelli for 10 years, so I already knew I was getting a sweet toy. It's the whole package, and it just amazingly reliable. You should pick one up if you're looking for a tactical shotgun. The fixed stock on it is pretty nice and feels great.

Check out Tactical Shotgunner for good Benelli M1/M2/M4 tactical stuff.
http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/

That's a great site.
__________________
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #28
6-speed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 435
My Ride: E21 > E46
Here is my AR, its finally done after a 4 month wait on my upper...I need to pull the rest of my guns out and take pictures. I have a Aimpoint clone on the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0776.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	329165   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	329166  
6-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #29
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,835
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-speed View Post
Here is my AR, its finally done after a 4 month wait on my upper...I need to pull the rest of my guns out and take pictures. I have a Aimpoint clone on the way.
Very nice! Took me a minute to figure out why it would take so long to get all the parts and put them together, but then I noticed it was set up for a lefty...that's actually the first picture I've seen of one setup like that, though I've known that they did that for a while. Have fun and nice setup
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #30
FlasHGordoN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I made it into the U.S.
Posts: 458
My Ride: a car
stop talking and post more sexy pictures of your guns........ or of 4ngie
arrrrr

__________________
FlasHGordoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #31
bilabong32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 23
My Ride: 2004 325i
Hey 4ngie how has that litle Ruger been working for you? I
bilabong32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #32
FlasHGordoN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I made it into the U.S.
Posts: 458
My Ride: a car
friendly
__________________
FlasHGordoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #33
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilabong32 View Post
Hey 4ngie how has that litle Ruger been working for you? I
I carry one every day and they are great. It gives you the ability to carry anytime, anywhere, (nearly) regardless of what you're wearing. The down side is that .380 auto ammo is hard to find these days, so I don't shoot mine at all anymore.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #34
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,794
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I carry one every day and they are great. It gives you the ability to carry anytime, anywhere, (nearly) regardless of what you're wearing. The down side is that .380 auto ammo is hard to find these days, so I don't shoot mine at all anymore.
This is why I've basically strayed away from going down to a .380ACP, despite the advantage of the compact size. If .380 ammo became more prolific, I'd consider a .380 again, more specifically the Kahr Arms P380.
Right now, the 9mm is the smallest I'll go, and luckily my Kahr PM9 is a very nice little option that's almost in .380 territory for frame size.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #35
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,835
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Hehe that's why I bought 700 rounds of .380 when I could...
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #36
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,968
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Hehe that's why I bought 700 rounds of .380 when I could...
you would be better off with a 5 gallon bucket and marbles and a wrist wrapper.

i kid i kid.
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #37
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
This is why I've basically strayed away from going down to a .380ACP, despite the advantage of the compact size. If .380 ammo became more prolific, I'd consider a .380 again, more specifically the Kahr Arms P380.
Right now, the 9mm is the smallest I'll go, and luckily my Kahr PM9 is a very nice little option that's almost in .380 territory for frame size.
I've considered picking up a Kahr in 9mm to fill the gap in my Ruger LCP / Glock 23 carry lineup. How are you liking the PM9? I'm not all that familiar with Kahr's lineup and what is what, but that one caught my eye. So did the MK9. I've heard one of their little 9mm's is no good, but I can't recall the model #.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,835
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
you would be better off with a 5 gallon bucket and marbles and a wrist wrapper.

i kid i kid.


Well hopefully the ammo will become impossible to find and I can sell it for alot
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #39
4ngie
Registered User
 
4ngie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 4TL4NT4
Posts: 69,982
My Ride: Chrissspyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilabong32 View Post
Hey 4ngie how has that litle Ruger been working for you? I
I haven't had to use it yet. But this is ATL, so...
__________________
4ngiefest VII - 10/5/2013

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #40
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,794
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I've considered picking up a Kahr in 9mm to fill the gap in my Ruger LCP / Glock 23 carry lineup. How are you liking the PM9? I'm not all that familiar with Kahr's lineup and what is what, but that one caught my eye. So did the MK9. I've heard one of their little 9mm's is no good, but I can't recall the model #.
I did some research on the PM9 before I bought it, and it's gotten rave reviews. The pistol is a single-stack w/ a 6rd magazine. It actually shoots really well and I haven't had any problems with it yet. The trigger is a long stroke/long reset trigger setup, which is basically the only safety feature of the gun. The sights are good and the pistol shoots amazingly well. The only problem is that it takes lots of practice to get used to shooting that trigger when you're used to the short reset on the Glocks.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use