E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
mystert

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
ULF & Iphone 7Plus Not Working

I installed a ULF module and all the associated parts in my 2003 330ci about 6 years ago and it has worked flawlessly until I purchased an Iphone 7plus in October. For the first month it worked OK, then in November it started to disconnect from the car after a call was ended (the red light on the nav screen was lit up) and my phone would freeze. In December it stopped working all together. I read online a few placed and they said to unpair the phone and re-pair it to the car. I did and a strange thing happened, the car used to be identified in my Iphone as "BMW 28800" and now it is called "BMW ULF". Somehow the ULF module was also reprogrammed. The PIN on the module sticker is "1400" and has always worked. The PIN has changed somehow changed to "1234" now. I verified this by connecting to the module using INPA and reading the module PIN. It now states that it is 1234. My phone is paired to the car but wont connect, wont do anything. I pulled out my old Iphone 5 to see if the older IOS version worked with the car and it did not. It also reads the car as "BMW ULF" and only pairs with PIN "1234"

It appears that my Iphone somehow reprogrammed the ULF module in my car?? Is that even possible?

MysterT Huntington Beach, CA
mystert is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #2
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Are you noticing any other electronic/electrical issues with the car? Google "BMW E46 hidden OBC functions." Test #9 shows the system voltage. Check and report back the voltage reading when the:
- ignition is in the run position with the engine off
- engine is idling
- engine is revving at 2000rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
It's a ulf problem, not an iPhone problem.
Recode your ulf with a blank man file to reset it to stock and see if that clears it up.

E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting DIY

Last edited by Onizukachan; 12-29-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Onizukachan is offline   Reply With Quote