E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:09 AM   #1
Raigmoul

My Ride: E46 320 Ci / 2002
New member from the UK

Hi All ,
Been following this forum for a number of years now, and through sheer laziness didn't get around to sign up 'till now ....

I live in the suburbs of London, I'm a Surgeon and I think humans and cars have a lot in common

I've owned many Beemers through the years, started off with a 1971 2002, modded the h*ll out of her, then moved on to more "complicated" machines
I was the proud owner of an E30 M3 (best M3 IMO), followed by another M3 (E36), a couple of M5s .......
Down-graded to my current rides, two 320 Cis / 2.2 liter M54 engine / 2002 models - one for me and one for the wife - due to service costs and insurance. M cars cost a fortune to insure and service round here

Glad to be here and thanks to all for the tons of advice you guys (and gals) have given ver the years

MoJo
Raigmoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
redux

My Ride: is E46 inside...
Welcome Mojo - from one lurker to another

I hear what ur saying about early model M3's... real driving machines... the newer M3/M5s are still awesome but seem to be aimed more n more at the mass market dollars rather than for niche enthusiasts but hey that's business...

So what mods did u do to the 2002? any mod bugs left in u for the current series

redux

Last edited by redux; 08-07-2009 at 04:26 AM.
redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
Raigmoul

Thanx Redux, Appreciate the welcome
I agree totally with you, the early M cars were real drivers cars for several reasons:
They were light and nimble, aimed mainly at REAL drivers, and they set the standard for all car makers .....AAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhh the good old days
Nowadays, M cars have more electronics, weigh a hell of a lot more, and IMO are not as fun to drive and not as pure as they used to be.

The 2002 ....I took out the engine, tranny and diff, replaced with an engine straight off a 735i, had it re-built from the ground up, and a 100 bhp NOS kit fitted.
Gear box was a bit difficult to source ( I wanted a manual), settled with a 4 speed and diff from a 728, then it went to body shop for a complete color change - Metallic Black with black interior
I tell you what, it ate carreras for breakfast

The bug is still there, but now I'm married with a mortgage .....

You never know, I'm planning on running this girl for 2 more years, if she's still in good nick (657 k on the clock), might get my MoJo back

What about you ?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
redux

My Ride: is E46 inside...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raigmoul View Post
I agree totally with you, the early M cars were real drivers cars for several reasons:
They were light and nimble, aimed mainly at REAL drivers, and they set the standard for all car makers .....AAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhh the good old days
Nowadays, M cars have more electronics, weigh a hell of a lot more, and IMO are not as fun to drive and not as pure as they used to be.
Current M5 is a good example... technological marvel with the button than turns 400bhp to >500bhp, on the move adjustable suspension n gearbox shift speeds but even with all that guff the it can't b driven smoothly as stick. great for the track but everyday cruising is another matter...

Quote:
The 2002 ....I took out the engine, tranny and diff, replaced with an engine straight off a 735i, had it re-built from the ground up, and a 100 bhp NOS kit fitted.
Gear box was a bit difficult to source ( I wanted a manual), settled with a 4 speed and diff from a 728, then it went to body shop for a complete color change - Metallic Black with black interior
I tell you what, it ate carreras for breakfast
sounds awesome.. hope u kept pics...

Quote:
The bug is still there, but now I'm married with a mortgage .....

You never know, I'm planning on running this girl for 2 more years, if she's still in good nick (657 k on the clock), might get my MoJo back

What about you ?
Do it!!! Mojo doesn't go away... it just builds up Having the last "conventional" M car [read: no adjustable supension, no SMG, no electronic steering, no 500bhp button] it is very tempting but I am still enjoying its stock capabilities at the moment. Plan on improving my limits b4 touching the cars... at least for now

redux
redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Raigmoul

Like your thought processes mate....
re: pictures of my 2002, my "brother" - in - law was over our house last x-mas, managed to wipe out my HD and backup storage (I've got a small home network setup), killed 20 odd years worth of memories in one day

How old is your Z4 ? I've read mixed reviewes about it on different forums, not sure what / who to believe. Most reviews are from people who've driven it for 10 seconds, so not entirely reliable, eh ?
how does it drive / feel ?

My current coupe, wrote previously that it'd done 657 k ....sorry, typo, it's only 57 k. I was thinking if she behaves herself, might treat her to new (rebuilt, obviously ...LOL) 330 engine and bits, supercharger + / - NOS. Still an idea in my head, not sure if I'm gonna do it or not.
The other idea I had was to get me an old e30, gut it and rebuild from the ground up (similar to what I did with the 2002).
I can get my hands on one for 200 - 300, so not exactly expensive, main problem is probably sourcing out an old engine and parts for it ......

Don't get me started

Catch you later ozmeister,
keep well

MoJo