E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
BLACKED LSB

My Ride: 2003 LSB M3
M3 SMG Trans Question

Hey Guys im pretty new to the site and just picked up an 03 LSB M3 about a month ago. The car was very well maintained and never saw rain or snow it only has 55,000 now since I got it. I bought it 53,000 on the clock. I am used to driving modded american cars my last vehicle was a 06 Trailblazer SS highly modded running 12.20's in the quarter all motor dynoing out 405 to All Wheels. Now im driving this M and not really sure how it should feel. Is it normal when driving in S5 with or without Sports mode on that when driving it slams gears really hard kind of feels like im getting rear ended LOL. (This doesnt only happen at full throttle). Also when coming to a stop and it downshifts into 2nd and 1st each time you hear a click or knock from the trans shifting into gear is that normal? Sorry if im coming off as a noob but I know with my truck I had a Servo kit and trans work done with tuning and it shifted really hard just unclear if this is normal.

I really appreciate any info you guys can provide.

Last edited by BLACKED LSB; 01-28-2010 at 08:54 AM.
BLACKED LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Justin@SharkInjectorDirect
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Many Cars
In my experiences in the SMG S5 is rough (in a fun way to me). I don't really remember hearing anything abnormal when stopping though.
Justin@SharkInjectorDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
BLACKED LSB

My Ride: 2003 LSB M3
Bump
BLACKED LSB is offline   Reply With Quote