E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2015, 07:19 AM   #1
lawson10513

My Ride: BMW E46 320I
Smile Dynavin vs eonon help

I am interested in getting a dynavin or eonon. At the moment I'm leaning toward a eonon because I don't think I can fork out over $1,000. (I live in Australia) however I am curious about the dynavin clones
I am looking for and advice anyone has on all three stereos, which ones I should go for and a place I can purchase the dynavin clone or at least check out the prices

Thanks
lawson10513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Hello hello, please check out our Bavarian sound subforum!

http://e46fanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #3
Hkayak

My Ride: 320i 1999
Be careful with buying the GA5150 if you want to use AUX, because it doesn't work according to their genius technicians. They have developed it to be used with monitors only. Beats me
Hkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:55 AM   #4
fanatic1

My Ride: bmw 325ci
If you spend some time reading the threads you will see time and time again people are having major issues with the Eonon brand and it's quality. I personally forked over the cash for a N6 and it cost around $900 to get to my door here in Toronto. I am pleased with the unit and all the features. Truthfully you get what you pay for. I would definitely stay away from the Eonon brand as I have read horror stories of people having a high rate of unit failure, resulting in them having to rip their stereos out to ship back to china (weeks on end without a radio) only to pay hundreds of dollars to have the unit shipped back again. It's safe to say from a reliability stand point, go with the other two major brands either Avin or Dynavin.

Best of luck with your decision. and +1 for Jeff from J & T Distributing for excellent customer service!!!!
fanatic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:07 AM   #5
lawson10513

yes I completely agree, I have decided to go with an avin. mostly because I have found their customer service leagues above the rest and dynavin does not ship to Australia and it would cost double the price from the Australian supplier.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:37 AM   #6
fanatic1

My Ride: bmw 325ci
Great!!! I'm sure you will be happy! From what I read on the forums the Avin is a great unit as well! Enjoy!
fanatic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:51 AM   #7
ghmelb

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
How much did you get it for shipped to aus lawson? I'm also interested in a head unit upgrade
ghmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
lawson10513

I'm still Savin for it but if you use the discount code e46fanatics you get us $50 off. That code is available for all e46 fanatic users. Total cost is under 1,000 au, somewhere in the 900 range. They don't charge shipping to Australia. This is the avin unit I'm going to get, dynavin does not ship to Australia. You would have to go through the Australian seller which charges 2000 au for the dynavin
Old 04-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #9
0creativity

My Ride: '99 323i manual
Hi Lawson, I have a Eonon GM5150 for sale at the moment if you are interested. I'm only selling it so I can try a home build raspberry pi.
It's a year old and still in perfect condition. The build and sound quality are great and I've never had any issues with it.
Let me know if you are interested.