E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
jerseyfresh

My Ride: is schwartzed out
DA Motorsports visit - Istanbul, Turkey

OK... These pictures were from my trip to DA Motorsports in Istanbul, Turkey last August... I apologize for the delay in getting them up, but my boss finally just sent me the last disk of all my photo's, and these happened to be on here. I thought I'd share them since it's not every day that those of us from the States (or mainland Europe for that matter) get to actually see this place...

For those of you who aren't familiar with http://www.da-motorsport.com/, they're the guys who can frequently be found on youtube and streetfire with video's of the mythical 1000 whp "Turkish Delight M3" which was featured in Performance BMW back in 2003...

These are the only really interesting pictures that I have... I mainly took video's because Mert (the owner) had this twin-turbo E39 M5 on the dyno, and pictures really couldn't do justice to the insane noise this car was making...

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_d85746e8dc59f10853c3ac4b4745daba.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	260987 This is the showroom in Yenibosna, Istanbul... The garage where they do all the fabrication is about 20 minutes away, and unfortunately the "Turkish Delight M3" was in that shop. Mert wasn't free to take me there because of his busy schedule for the day...

Name:	l_3f948323d68557e67d2490e1ab8d42b8.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	260988 So if you just so happen to have $100K laying around, you might be asking yourself, "How do I get 550whp out of my E39 M5 ?" ... The answer? You get DA to build you custom twin independent intake manifolds to support 18psi of boost from the one-off twin-turbo's.

Name:	l_73565d83a108b2b00114167ed045555c.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	260989 Probably the coolest part about the showroom is that it's basically just Mert's desk, a big leather couch, and a dyno capable of measuring up to 1500whp...

Name:	l_b3b5c933b5ffc314e270d79eae8188d3.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	260990 This was the OEM intake manifold that came off of the stock S62 motor from the E39 M5... The reason it's sitting off to the side is because according to Mert, this manifold can't handle more then 8psi of boost... Logically I had to ask what the circumstances were that he'd figured that out... Apparently, on the first highway test drive with the turbo's installed, this manifold (along with a piston) blew threw the hood of the M5 in 4th gear, at just over 110mph!!! According to Mert, when that happens, you tend to justifyably freak out as you try to regain control of the vehicle...

Name:	l_02e8ee026cfcd8b12442de50ac770504.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	260991 There's Mert behind the wheel of the M5 on the dyno... The best run of the day managed an impressive 558whp... Pretty good for an all-aluminum OEM block... Oh, and this thing has straight pipes... So I walked out of there with humming in my ears.

There was way more to my trip to DA that I'll try to get around to later... Mert and I talked a lot about the "Turkish Delight M3" as well as future projects... It's just way too much to get into right now, but hopefully I'll have the time and energy in the coming weeks to lay it all out...

...Also, I'm headed back to Istanbul in May (mainly for the F1 Turkish GP)... So I'll do my best to get pics of BMW Sauber, and maybe some new DA pics if I make it back to the shop...
^^^Directed @Kpeng^^^
jerseyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
Skazzy

My Ride: X Wing
thanks for the pics and the write up. I have always wondered what the truth about DA motorsports as there have been several posts about the guys having duped some ppl , etc ,etc. Anyways, I guess its all good. Post up some YT vids of the M5 pls.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
///M3Turk

My Ride: M6 ,X5, R6, M5, M3
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Turk Send a message via MSN to ///M3Turk
thanks for the pictures and write up.. Jerseyfresh are you Turkish?

Firat
///M3Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
jerseyfresh

My Ride: is schwartzed out
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Turk View Post
thanks for the pictures and write up.. Jerseyfresh are you Turkish?
Nope... Not Turkish...

Used to work in Istanbul though...
^^^Directed @Kpeng^^^
jerseyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
anysubat
Banned

My Ride: BMW E46
Thanks for showing such clear pics and information about DA motorsports. i was searching for such a detailed information on this article.
anysubat is offline   Reply With Quote