E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
firefirefire90
Banned

My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
Sweet rifle! The Garand is such a sweet gun!

I'm really excited to pick up a M1 Carbine one of these days
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #22
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Very cool, I'd love to pick one up at some point. Historical weapons are my next area of interest.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #23
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Very nice! Enjoy.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #24
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Gun Talk?

Really cool, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #25
NJ///M

My Ride: TACO TRUCK/CBR600F4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
that gun reminds me of "enemy at the gates"
Why would a US issue service rifle remind you of a movie about two snipers at the battle of Stalingrad?

Very nice gun, My father owns a few Springfield 1903's which are amazing to shoot. Never fired an M1 though I imagine its quite the same. He also has an M1 Carbine.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend; Those with loaded guns and those who dig."
NJ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #26
NisoCrew

My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post

Really cool, though.
Yes, the gun forum. I got it. Get one of the mods on speed dial and have them move the thread. I'm aware of the problem, save yourselves the carpel tunnel. Feels like I'm in Office Space. "And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now. Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ///M View Post
Why would a US issue service rifle remind you of a movie about two snipers at the battle of Stalingrad?

Very nice gun, My father owns a few Springfield 1903's which are amazing to shoot. Never fired an M1 though I imagine its quite the same. He also has an M1 Carbine.
Yeah, they are similar to shoot (I'm comparing a 1917 basically the same though). The M1 is a little less hard on the shoulder by virtue of the semi-automatic action absorbing some of the recoil. There is something a little more awesome about shooting a bolt action though.

"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver

Last edited by NisoCrew; 08-31-2009 at 12:13 PM.
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:21 PM   #27
ride365

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
that gun reminds me of "enemy at the gates"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ///M View Post
yeah, dumbass! one is clearly an old rifle with a wood stock and the other is clearly...

Old 08-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #28
Rene325ci

My Ride: a car
I have the counter part to that rifle. I have an SKS. My dad was trainned on the M-1 and he fired my SKS. He liked the sks because of the 2 extra rounds and not having that "ding" sound when you finnished the mag.
Rene325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 PM   #29
NisoCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene325ci View Post
I have the counter part to that rifle. I have an SKS. My dad was trainned on the M-1 and he fired my SKS. He liked the sks because of the 2 extra rounds and not having that "ding" sound when you finnished the mag.
I like the ding sound. You can always carry a spare clip and throw it before you are empty to get their heads up

"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver
Old 08-31-2009, 12:43 PM   #30
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NisoCrew View Post
Yes, the gun forum. I got it. Get one of the mods on speed dial and have them move the thread. I'm aware of the problem, save yourselves the carpel tunnel. Feels like I'm in Office Space. "And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now. Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it."
Stop trying to defend yourself and rationalize posting this in the showroom of a car forum, instead of saying the same thing 10 times in your own thread just ignore it and move on. I'm sure you've been on this site long enough to have developed a thicker skin. You dont even need to reply to this.

Anyways its now in the gun forum.

Nice gun, be careful with it.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #31
NisoCrew

Quote:
Stop trying to defend yourself and rationalize posting this in the showroom of a car forum, instead of saying the same thing 10 times in your own thread just ignore it and move on. I'm sure you've been on this site long enough to have developed a thicker skin. You dont even need to reply to this.

Anyways its now in the gun forum.

Nice gun, be careful with it.
I'm going to reply anyway since you clearly haven't read what I have posted before.

Quote:
I know exactly what he meant, thanks. I didn't know there was a gun forum. I'm not retarded though. If I could move it I would.
It's not defending yourself when you have already admitted you posted it in the wrong forum. I have a thick skin, good luck trying to offend me. I was on this site when you did post all your new toys in the showroom because there wasn't a gun forum or some of those other sub-forums I found out about last night. However, I can still comment on everyone's insistence on making people feel stupid before they read that the point has already been made. They are probably the same people that are quick to point out a R-E-P....

Thanks for your input. It's noted. I'll be super careful just for you

--Car and Driver

Last edited by NisoCrew; 08-31-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #32
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie

but judging by the length of your reply my guess is that you're still crying. Hey I tried lol

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #33
NisoCrew

Quote:

but judging by the length of your reply my guess is that you're still crying. Hey I tried lol
Yeah, you did. You got me, you awesome person, you.

--Car and Driver
Old 08-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #34
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Children children stop fighting!

Awesome gun! An M1 will probably be the first vintage rifle I pick up when the time comes. I was at a local shop the other day and they had 2 1903s there which were pretty awesome...one was an original springfield, the other was another company, but a really low serial number.

I didn't spring for either of them but they were nice. If they get a Garand in though, I don't think I'll walk out without it...

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #35
NisoCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Children children stop fighting!

Awesome gun! An M1 will probably be the first vintage rifle I pick up when the time comes. I was at a local shop the other day and they had 2 1903s there which were pretty awesome...one was an original springfield, the other was another company, but a really low serial number.

I didn't spring for either of them but they were nice. If they get a Garand in though, I don't think I'll walk out without it...
Awesome. If I can find a good 1903 or 1917 I'll probably have to jump on it. What were they asking out of curiosity?

--Car and Driver
Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #36
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by NisoCrew View Post
Awesome. If I can find a good 1903 or 1917 I'll probably have to jump on it. What were they asking out of curiosity?
Somewhere around 900 each I think...i could check again if you're really interested

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #37
NJx330CI

My Ride: About to be a M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clk500 View Post
reminds me of cod5 and the second map of zombies
Me too.
NJx330CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #38
NisoCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Somewhere around 900 each I think...i could check again if you're really interested
No biggie, just trying to get a general idea. Were they in really nice shape? Basically the same condition as the M1 I posted? I have to pace myself, or I will end up with a big credit card bill again. I just got it paid down.

--Car and Driver
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #39
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
[QUOTE=NisoCrew;10543257]I'm super excited to finally have my own M1 Garand. I ordered it from the CMP. It's a correct grade produced post-WWII by Harrington and Richardson. As a marine, it feels good to have a piece of history that defended democracy.[quote]

Congrats. It's a nice weapon.
I would not mind having one either just to have a piece of history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode148 View Post
that a bada** gun congrats on the purchase. over the past year ive become a gun freak. i looked long and hard at a springfield just never pulled the trigger.
Did you realize the irony of pulling the trigger on buying a weapon ?

You are funny.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #40
NisoCrew

[QUOTE=Raymond42262;10547732][QUOTE=NisoCrew;10543257]I'm super excited to finally have my own M1 Garand. I ordered it from the CMP. It's a correct grade produced post-WWII by Harrington and Richardson. As a marine, it feels good to have a piece of history that defended democracy.
Quote:

Congrats. It's a nice weapon.
I would not mind having one either just to have a piece of history.

Did you realize the irony of pulling the trigger on buying a weapon ?

You are funny.
Thanks, man. And thanks for calling it a weapon instead of a gun.

And yeah, I noticed that little joke there, and almost used it as well, but just couldn't get myself to actually make that lame of a joke, haha. It was lame, but I still chuckled.

--Car and Driver