E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Europe

Europe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #221
///German_M3///
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga. / Deutschland
Posts: 160
My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovanM3 View Post
wait..where did you go?

I'm building my e92 for track duty in april
Still here Donovan...Haha!!! So, I assume that you have a e92 M3 now. Is that correct? Any pics that you could post my friend?
__________________
///German_M3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #222
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
In time, its in hibernation right now lol getting some goodies..
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #223
squawk77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 14
My Ride: 06 M3
Hello all! I am posted to Geilenkirchen next year so naturally I'm debating what BMW to get. I know they have a military discount but is it possible to export Euro spec cars? It is generally a no brainer for me to drive old Honda's but my dream car is the E46 M3. I'm having trouble liking the E90 as much but when I factor in the military discount vs maint it might be the way to go. I would still prefer maintaining an E46 if I had the option to bring it back, I guess I'll have to see what kind of used deals there are. Is the E46 sub frame still an issue?
squawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #224
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
Contact me ...There are plenty of e46 m3s that go for sale in spangdahlem/kaiserslautern area. Or purchase one in the states and have it shipped over. You can pay for it no problem over here with the extra cash you make. More info? Pm me..ciao.
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #225
howie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 954
Posts: 2,988
My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mode3sour View Post
Hello all! I am posted to Geilenkirchen next year so naturally I'm debating what BMW to get. I know they have a military discount but is it possible to export Euro spec cars? It is generally a no brainer for me to drive old Honda's but my dream car is the E46 M3. I'm having trouble liking the E90 as much but when I factor in the military discount vs maint it might be the way to go. I would still prefer maintaining an E46 if I had the option to bring it back, I guess I'll have to see what kind of used deals there are. Is the E46 sub frame still an issue?
that can't be right...u mean Gelsenkirchen?

I'd buy a new BMW through the military discount. You'll probly be hard pressed to find an american spec e46 M3 over there for sale, and it's not worth it money wise bringing over a Euro spec. Good luck either way. I'd ship one car over to Germany if I were you just to see if it can pass inspection My Sterling 827SLi never made it through inspection
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #226
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
1. If you ship a car to Germany you can ship one back home.
2. If you buy one through military sales you can ship that NEW car back regardless if you bought one over.
3. Just buy a e46 m3 in america and ship it over here.
4. If you dont then they are soem for sale as well as e92 m3s
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #227
howie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 954
Posts: 2,988
My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovanM3 View Post
1. If you ship a car to Germany you can ship one back home.
2. If you buy one through military sales you can ship that NEW car back regardless if you bought one over.
3. Just buy a e46 m3 in america and ship it over here.
4. If you dont then they are soem for sale as well as e92 m3s
1. tru
2. tru
3. I think he's trying to get a cheaper price in Germany, looks like he's in Canada now?!
4. US SPEC?
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #228
squawk77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 14
My Ride: 06 M3
Nope Geilenkirchen to fly on E-3A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Ai..._Geilenkirchen

I imagine I can take cash if I leave my vehicles and appliances here instead of shipping but that means I'd need to make a quick decision on the BMW. Depends how much the military discount is and how much maint the E46 M3's need.
squawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #229
squawk77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 14
My Ride: 06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovanM3 View Post
1. If you ship a car to Germany you can ship one back home.
2. If you buy one through military sales you can ship that NEW car back regardless if you bought one over.
3. Just buy a e46 m3 in america and ship it over here.
4. If you dont then they are soem for sale as well as e92 m3s
If I can get cash for not shipping a car there and back I might just drive a Euro spec for the 3 years. RWD is not the best for Canada

Seems like people pay $$ to import JDM cars so I figured a EDM would be a hot item to bring back
squawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #230
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
You sir are confusing me LOL...

Ok listen its extremely hard to import a vehicle of that type into north america. Dont anyone on this forum give me any feed back because I"ve been up and down the chain at NHTSA and Customs and CPB. There is a list of vehicles you can bring back. Just buy an e46 m3 US spec and bring it over here problem solved. Other than that, you can cop a new 2011 m3 for base price at 50 for coupe and 47 for sedan with pentagon car sales. You can bring back a 2006 e46 m3 Germany spec but its specific months of that vehicle you can bring back.

Import tax for military and dod officials is a little over 2% while civilian is 27%...anything else?
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #231
howie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 954
Posts: 2,988
My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mode3sour View Post
If I can get cash for not shipping a car there and back I might just drive a Euro spec for the 3 years. RWD is not the best for Canada

Seems like people pay $$ to import JDM cars so I figured a EDM would be a hot item to bring back
U will not get cash for not shipping ur car lol. You're gonna get a wake up call real soon my friend. GL
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #232
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
You need to read the regulations, lots of people have this thing called , " hear say, or I heard it did this, or well my friend did that" LOL that **** will get u lockedup,screwed out of a deal, or end up paying for a large bill.
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #233
squawk77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 14
My Ride: 06 M3
Our moves are handled by a contractor and I'm pretty sure they will give me a cash incentive for not shipping appliances and cars overseas. Win-win for us both compared to shipping a US spec over that no one over there wants.

Donovan has answered my question that it is complicated to bring back EDM cars but it just seems wrong to take a BMW to Germany. I think I was confusing when I tried to say that people will pay $$ for a JDM car in Canada so I assume there are sought after EDM cars as well. They put out more HP than US spec etc

With CAD on par with the USD, it's a lot cheaper for me to buy cars elsewhere. Besides, used cars that never saw salt here are rare

Last edited by squawk77; 11-14-2010 at 11:04 PM.
squawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #234
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
If you bring a US m3 here, that just measn you can get CSL parts to put in them LOL...
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:01 AM   #235
Dirtboy
Grüne Hölle Junkie
 
Dirtboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,335
My Ride: ESS TS2+ 330Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Dirtboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mode3sour View Post
Our moves are handled by a contractor and I'm pretty sure they will give me a cash incentive for not shipping appliances and cars overseas. Win-win for us both compared to shipping a US spec over that no one over there wants.

Donovan has answered my question that it is complicated to bring back EDM cars but it just seems wrong to take a BMW to Germany. I think I was confusing when I tried to say that people will pay $$ for a JDM car in Canada so I assume there are sought after EDM cars as well. They put out more HP than US spec etc

With CAD on par with the USD, it's a lot cheaper for me to buy cars elsewhere. Besides, used cars that never saw salt here are rare
Our maves are handled by contractors too. There is no way they would give us a cash incentive to not ship a vehicle. It's either ship one or not. If we don't ship one, that just saves them money.

If you did bring a US spec BMW over here, I'm pretty sure it would sell; just have to put it on the local yard sale websites (english ones).

Same goes for road salt in Germany. My 2002 330Ci is showing battle damage from driving it in the winter for 3 seasons. It stays in the garage now during winter, but the damage is done. Find a used BMW here and I'll bet it will have some degree of rust on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovanM3 View Post
If you bring a US m3 here, that just measn you can get CSL parts to put in them LOL...
Only way you're gonna get OEM CSL parts is if you have a CSL VIN and can provide paperwork proving you actually own that car. I've already tried...

...unless you have some good connections...
__________________
Dirtboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:19 AM   #236
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
Our maves are handled by contractors too. There is no way they would give us a cash incentive to not ship a vehicle. It's either ship one or not. If we don't ship one, that just saves them money.

If you did bring a US spec BMW over here, I'm pretty sure it would sell; just have to put it on the local yard sale websites (english ones).

Same goes for road salt in Germany. My 2002 330Ci is showing battle damage from driving it in the winter for 3 seasons. It stays in the garage now during winter, but the damage is done. Find a used BMW here and I'll bet it will have some degree of rust on it.



Only way you're gonna get OEM CSL parts is if you have a CSL VIN and can provide paperwork proving you actually own that car. I've already tried...

...unless you have some good connections...
Well, by saying that, I ment go through me because I know two guys with CSLs and there are broken CSL's in some areas around the ring.
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #237
squawk77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 14
My Ride: 06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
Our maves are handled by contractors too. There is no way they would give us a cash incentive to not ship a vehicle. It's either ship one or not. If we don't ship one, that just saves them money.
Really? I won't know until I meet with them, as their interpretation of the regs seems to change every time.. the way it was last time is they will pay out 80% of the lesser shipping/storage scenario (storage being moving it there, prep for storage, storage and repairs after storage) My current car is a 97 and I plan to sell it anyways. Hah it probably costs more to store than it's worth!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
If you did bring a US spec BMW over here, I'm pretty sure it would sell; just have to put it on the local yard sale websites (english ones).

Same goes for road salt in Germany. My 2002 330Ci is showing battle damage from driving it in the winter for 3 seasons. It stays in the garage now during winter, but the damage is done. Find a used BMW here and I'll bet it will have some degree of rust on it.

We actually don't even salt our roads anymore for environmental reasons so maybe the newer cars will do better.. winter is still hard on cars Whatever car I buy there will have to be winter driven... I've always owned a motorbike and a beater car for groceries and winter. Maybe I should just get a quattro *sigh

How is the auto insurance there?
squawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #238
reddemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italia
Posts: 115
My Ride: 2004 325i
1996-2000 Spangdahlem
2005-08 Ramstein
Now in Italy (Germany is so much better)

USAF
E-6

Bought my car in Germany, she has never been to the US and she is US specs.
__________________
r e d d e m o n
reddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #239
///German_M3///
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga. / Deutschland
Posts: 160
My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon View Post
1996-2000 Spangdahlem
2005-08 Ramstein
Now in Italy (Germany is so much better)

USAF
E-6

Bought my car in Germany, she has never been to the US and she is US specs.
Welcome reddemon!!
Post some pics of your ride!!!
Have to agree...Deutschland is def. much better!!!
__________________
///German_M3/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #240
m3e46freak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Posts: 1,441
My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
Checking in...

My e92 m3 will be pre track ready by March And full ready boy mid april to end of april.
__________________
Rock Hard Abs Racing


2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use