E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #41
Regensburg94

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-E46 View Post
All the noob detailer's in this thread just got owned.
I was partly with you until this comment.
Regensburg94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #42
blatty86

My Ride: 2002 325i
screw water and clay lube, i'll stick to using hooker spit

blatty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #43
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Wow..... I love how Eazzzzzzyyy EEE talks like he knows anything about detailing. Awesome, props to you sir.

Unless you are using BH clay from England which is formulated for water lubrication you should never use water. Ask any professional detailer on the detailing forums no lubricant = a world of hurt. Oh even when they use BH clay they STILL use lubricant it is that standard. That's great if your friend doesn't want to use it but don't trash talk and make it seem like it is the norm. You are just hurting this forum and making yourself if I may be blunt look like a dumbarse.

Sorry to everyone else for being so obnoxious. I hate people who act like they know it all, when it reality they know nothing and have spent no time researching or even practice the craft aka posers.

Last edited by Brian N; 09-10-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #44
SpecC

My Ride: 07 Scion tC, E90 330
Send a message via AIM to SpecC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Unless you are using BH clay from England which is formulated for water lubrication you should never use water. Ask any professional detailer on the detailing forums no lubricant = a world of hurt. Oh even when they use BH clay they STILL use lubricant it is that standard.
Why don't we just leave it at that, and call it a day.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:33 AM   #45
JetBlackE46
Modded

My Ride: E36/E46 M3 E46 323
I've always used liquid car wash and water as lubricant. While water alone should be ok, it doesn't feel like it's enough. Also it's just convient. Just my personal preferance.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #46
Kris.R

My Ride: 2012 Dodge Charger
I say what I want to say. People on this forum like to follow whatever the hell they read on here and swear on their mother's grave that this is the only way to do things. You can get every member on this site to say something about me but I still don't give a fcuk. I go off of what actually happens right in front of me. Water + Clay on my car with no marring? That works for me guys. You want to use ONR, Lube, etc? GO AHEAD. But please, don't step on my comments just because you all think water is a no no when claying a car.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-Abraham Lincoln-
Kris.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #47
Hogan773

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
I say what I want to say. People on this forum like to follow whatever the hell they read on here and swear on their mother's grave that this is the only way to do things. You can get every member on this site to say something about me but I still don't give a fcuk. I go off of what actually happens right in front of me. Water + Clay on my car with no marring? That works for me guys. You want to use ONR, Lube, etc? GO AHEAD. But please, don't step on my comments just because you all think water is a no no when claying a car.
Yeah please do whatever works for you, but the tone of some earlier posts was more along the lines of you saying that you and your detailer buddy had built a better mousetrap, and all the old fogies who need to still use lube are wasting time or at least "convenience" whatever that is. But in fact you are really just promoting a less than ideal shortcut, which apparently hasn't caused you problems, but that doesn't mean its the right way.

I look at it this way - these boards are a rich source of info for the noob detailers (who all just got "owned" according to you) and hopefully they take the time to read enough to get their own sense of what's right and wrong and works and doesn't, but its not a good idea to start throwing around shortcuts claiming that its the right way to do something.

And if you stopped to think for a second, you'd admit that using a solution with cleaning and lubing properties is NO DOUBT better than just water alone. That said - why are you bothering to use carwash soap and a wash mitt - that's "inconvenient" as well. Just take a pressure washer to your car and blast off all the dirt! I mean, my pressure washer cleaned a bunch of crud off my DECK, so certainly it would get rid of the dirt on my CAR.

But I think we've all beaten this horse to death long ago. Peace

Last edited by Hogan773; 09-10-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Hogan773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #48
04yfz

My Ride: A car
Quote:
You know what's funny, I guarentee atleast 75% of the people in this thread know more about detailing than you, because after all, you're the one that hired someone to detail your car instead of doing it yourself.

As for the sentence in bold, the same can be said about your comments written here.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #49
Kris.R

My Ride: 2012 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04yfz View Post
You know what's funny, I guarentee atleast 75% of the people in this thread know more about detailing than you, because after all, you're the one that hired someone to detail your car instead of doing it yourself.

As for the sentence in bold, the same can be said about your comments written here.
My detailer wanted to do my car. And for your information, I didn't pay a single cent.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-Abraham Lincoln-
Kris.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #50
THATS FRESH

My Ride: SSHNIPER
Send a message via AIM to THATS FRESH Send a message via Skype™ to THATS FRESH
water
soapy water
QD
ONR diluted for clay lube

are all options.

/end thread