E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
weenstan

My Ride: AP2 / SC'd E46 M3
FS: SoCal GruppeM Exhaust Replica Titanium $600

Serial 05 0116

I never knew it was a replica until I took it off the car and looked up the serial number, it sounds amazing and weighs next to nothing! It is fully titanium and is a damn good replica. Has less than 10000 miles on it.

weenstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Rench

My Ride: M3 VRT
dibs - have cash - local pick-up - - - check PM
Rench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
solarize
Banned

My Ride: M3
Getting sick of these fake GruppeM rumors, wake up! there is no such thing as fake GruppeM!
These exhausts are just being made from different location in different time frame, only the earliest batch of products are made in Japan.
Construction wise, there might be some difference but the material and design are all the same.
I'm surprised GruppeM Japan can't even provide me with any pictures of their exhaust with different serial number other than 05 0116.
I've got to say you are crazy selling a gorgeous masterpiece for 600 which already cost somebody over 2k.
By the look of your GruppeM, I'm sure it's the earliest batch of product before they outsource to Taiwan and Korea.
solarize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 AM   #4
sfdc4

My Ride: looking for M3
want to ship to sf?
sfdc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
talontid

My Ride: >
lemme know if you'll ship to NY >
talontid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
mo0m0o619

My Ride: '05 M3
He's not going to ship it. I already asked on M3forum.
mo0m0o619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
e46sd858

My Ride: 2002 bmw m3
where in socal are you? im interested
e46sd858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
p0kerface

My Ride: 02 CB 6MT M3
PM scent *serious buyer*
p0kerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
cancell

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to cancell Send a message via MSN to cancell
OP, what does a PM smell like?

Sweet exhaust, GL with the sale

The lesser we know...the more they fabricate...the easier it is to sell souls
There is a new price on freedom, so buy into it while supplies last.
We've unified over who to kill, so until I find more relevant scripture to quote...
remember, our god is bigger, stronger, smarter, and much wealthier.
So wave those flags with pride... It's the makeshift patriot.
cancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
THATDONFC

My Ride: RMS Supercharged M3
Send a message via AIM to THATDONFC
Interested in trades?

RMS V7 Ysi Supercharged 02 M3 6spd
91 318i 4dr 5spd
THATDONFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 AM   #11
M3revspeed

My Ride: DINAN-S1 M3
What he said ^^
M3revspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #12
azndrunk74

My Ride: LSB vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarize View Post
Getting sick of these fake GruppeM rumors, wake up! there is no such thing as fake GruppeM!
These exhausts are just being made from different location in different time frame, only the earliest batch of products are made in Japan.
Construction wise, there might be some difference but the material and design are all the same.
I'm surprised GruppeM Japan can't even provide me with any pictures of their exhaust with different serial number other than 05 0116.
I've got to say you are crazy selling a gorgeous masterpiece for 600 which already cost somebody over 2k.
By the look of your GruppeM, I'm sure it's the earliest batch of product before they outsource to Taiwan and Korea.
and just where are you getting this info? Gruppe M of Japan does provide a picture of real vs fake exhausts. From Manabu Hoya who works for Gruppe M of Japan:

Old 09-23-2009, 05:06 AM   #13
G3nome

My Ride: 2003 330i
600 for a titanium exhaust...someone jump!
G3nome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:44 AM   #14
Dannyncc

My Ride: Aw m3
Send a message via ICQ to Dannyncc Send a message via AIM to Dannyncc Send a message via MSN to Dannyncc Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyncc Send a message via Skype™ to Dannyncc
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarize View Post
I think he have one with same series number. wanted to sell maybe 1300 or something. Pissed off when someone selling the same thing. just my 2 cents

Last edited by Dannyncc; 09-23-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Dannyncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
solarize
Banned

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndrunk74 View Post
and just where are you getting this info? Gruppe M of Japan does provide a picture of real vs fake exhausts. From Manabu Hoya who works for Gruppe M of Japan:

As fake as it seems..... the "Diagram" that is.
This diagram doesn't seem official to me at all, I dare to claim it's a fake diagram either.
The pictures being used even the authentic one is not an official GruppeM pic, looks like they just grabbed some random GruppeM pic floating around the net and composed everything in a hurry.
The plate which shows what they call a genuine serial number is actually coming from an air-intake box, look at the Carbon/Kevlar background.
They don't have their own pic of an name tag on an EXHAUST to show us? What an irrelevant comparison.

I have actually emailed GruppeM with the ACTUAL pics of this poster, that "Manabu Hoya" assured me it's a real GruppeM product but at the same time added a very funny message ".....But this is very old. I think that a crack and sound quality are getting worse. The used exhaust cannot guarantee it at all. Be careful enough. I do not recommend you used exhaust......".

I can tell they don't recommend ppl buying used as it has no advantage to them at all(not some of us) but they just can't deny the fact it's the real deal as shown in the pic, this is too clear.

So for those dumpsters who still think they can get a good deal on one of these by flaming it's a fake, come'on, this is a low as a M3 owner!

For those who still interested in bothering ppl trying to sell their exhaust or insisting it's a fake one, go ahead and email GruppeM first before you comment.

P.S. There are authentic GruppeM exhaust out there with serial number 05 0116.

Last edited by solarize; 09-23-2009 at 12:04 PM.
solarize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #16
p0kerface

My Ride: 02 CB 6MT M3
is this exhaust even still for sale or are we just talking about it? OP if it's still for sale please speak up
p0kerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
mo0m0o619

My Ride: '05 M3
It was sold a week or so ago and the person that bought it is trying to trade it for KW v2 coilovers.
mo0m0o619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
WhiteOut323i
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
free bump!
WhiteOut323i is offline   Reply With Quote