E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #261
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
The owner of this blue E90 335i sedan originally had his roof painted black and his carbon fiber hood painted gloss black in the center and body color on the sides. However, the condition of the black paint was no longer as nice as it once was when it was originally painted, so he had me vinyl wrap over it. Instead of just going with the gloss black again, he had me use the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material, to change up the look a bit. I ended up just doing the center of the hood in carbon, essentially just covering up the pieces/parts that were painted gloss black. He also originally had his window trim wrapped in gloss black, but the job wasn't that great, so I redid that for him. I believe the owner of this car was from Long Beach and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. You can see that this material is a lot glossier than the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl, but you will still never get the depth that real carbon fiber pieces have, since those parts/pieces have a thick gel coat on top of the carbon to provide that look.

You can see that the

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #262
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Today is my last day for my August trip up here in norcal / Bay Area. I had this white Mercedes Benz C300 sedan come by earlier this week to have me do some vinyl work on it for him. He drove down from Napa to me in San Jose to get the work done. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap the roof and the side door pillars in the 3M di noc matte carbon fiber and also had me black out the chrome on his window trim and rear trunk handle piece with my matte black finish vinyl material. In the darker lighting and from further away, you can't really make out the carbon fiber weave too much in the pictures. Matte black along the window trim went well with the matte carbon finish. The carbon pillars turned out pretty nice too.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #263
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

These aren't the best pictures in the world, since the owner of this car came later in the day and there was a lot of work that he wanted done on his car, so by the time I finished, it was already fairly late in the day. The owner of this car drove from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done. He wanted me to vinyl wrap his roof, roof spoiler, front splitters, side B pillars, and rear lower bumper diffuser all in the 3M di noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material finish. Personally, I do not like wrapping rear diffusers, but since the owner of this car was getting a lot of other work done, I decided to do it for him/his car.

Front splitters:

Roof spoiler:

Rear diffuser:

Roof:

Side pillars:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #264
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I thought I had posted pictures of this car already, but I guess I haven't yet. This was from my earlier/prior trip to norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrapping. The owner of this car originally was only going to have me vinyl wrap his roof in the 3M di-noc carbon fiber material, but he also ended up having me do the top of his trunk with the 3M di noc matte carbon fiber material as well. The hood and rear trunk lip spoiler are real carbon fiber pieces, so that'll give you an idea of how the two compare/matches up. In addition to his roof and trunk, I also wrapped his chrome / brushed aluminum window trim with my matte black vinyl material. I forgot to take more detailed pictures of that, but you can kind of see it in the roof pictures. There were still a couple of bubbles that were working themselves out when I took these pictures, so you may notice it in some of the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #265
Super Sheep

My Ride: 2005 E46 325 CI
OMG Thats freaking awesome. How much do you charge for your work? I'd be down to drive all the way from Vegas when I have some time.
Super Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #266
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Depends on what you wanted done exactly. Shoot me a PM.

-Don
Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #267
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Another car I did in one of my previous trips to norcal / Bay area. The owner of this silver Mercedes Benz CLS65 AMG had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also vinyl wrapped his chrome window trim with my matte black vinyl. Blacking out the window trim really complimented the roof and also dark colored wheels that the car already had. As comparison, the side B pillars have real carbon fiber overlays on them.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #268
DE46M3guy

My Ride: E46 M3
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347946565.602298.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	469725
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347946596.255852.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	469726  
DE46M3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #269
DE46M3guy

My Ride: E46 M3
Came out nice Don
DE46M3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #270
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Car looks good. Glad you like it.

-Don
Old 09-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #271
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I held off using these pictures for a while, since they weren't the best pictures ever, but they are a bit different, so I figured I might as well post them. I am going to post two different cars. The first car, a 2012 black Honda Accord, the owner wanted me to wrap the top chrome grill piece in carbon fiber. Just to make note, the owner supplied their own carbon fiber vinyl material, and I have no idea who the make/manufacturer is. I just know the quality was fairly poor and the adhesive was separating itself from the vinyl from me just sticking it on the surface of the grill once and picking it up again to readjust.

Before:

After:

This second car is quite a bit different from most of the standard set of cars that I am used to having come by. I believe this was something like a 1992 black Acura Legend. The owner of this car wanted me to vinyl wrap the roof of his car with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. The roof had some slight paint imperfections/oxidation, and he wanted me to cover over those and also provide a slight change in the look of the car at the same time (originally we were just going to wrap the roof in gloss black). I took these pictures during overcast, so you can't see much details in the weave. However, this kind of provides you guys with an idea of how the vinyl material looks like in low lighting. From further away it looks more matte/flat and then as you get closer you start to see the weaves.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #272
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Another car that I did while up in norcal / Bay Area. The owner of this red BMW E90 325i sedan had me vinyl wrap his roof in the 3m di-noc matte carbon fiber material. After doing the roof, he decided to have me also lightly tint / smoke his tail lights. Took some pictures of the tail lights inside and also outside to give you an idea of how it looks in different lighting conditions. Everything is custom cut / trimmed to the car, to make sure fitment is perfect and covers the whole / full area unlike pre cut pieces, which usually end up being a bit short around the edges.

Before:

Driver side (left) stock - Passenger side (right) tinted / smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #273
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I had done this white Honda Insight before, but in gloss black. The owner decided to change it up and had me redo his roof in the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber material this time around. The owner of this car was from around Long Beach and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done. The roof was fairly big and had an antenna and rear windshield nozzle right next to it that I had to work around, but everything came out looking good. I've had people ask me if I can wrap mirrors. Yes, I can wrap mirrors, however, it's not so much if I can wrap them, but if the material can can maintain that shape/contours of the piece being wrapped.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #274
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Wrapped the trunk of this black 4 door Honda Civic in the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber material. The owner of this car was also in Orange County. The indentations on the top of the trunk, which look like bubbles, are actually holes in the trunk from the spoiler that used to be on there. This is not the perfect solution to covering up the holes in the trunk of the car, but it's a cheaper and reversible alternative that will allow you to go back to factory if needed.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #275
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a red Mitsubishi Evo 8 that I did probably a year and a half ago now. Just found the pictures while going through my old stock. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap the top portion of his rear trunk spoiler in the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber material. The original carbon fiber piece that I was wrapping over had faded and yellowed out over time so he wanted me to wrap over it to give it to cover it up but still preserve that cf look. The owner of this car was around Malibu.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #276
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

ETA is possibly mid to late March.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to set off a car. In this case, the owner of this black Nissan 350z came by to have me vinyl wrap the two side door vertical pillars in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to those, he also had me lightly tint / smoke the front bumper ambers to tone them down, but not completely black them out. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. Overall small / minor things done to the car, but sometimes it's those small minor details that really makes the car.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #277
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this silver E46 M3 coupe came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his new-to-him car with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl finish. The owner of this car was from around LA and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / OC to get the work done. The matte roof went well with his gunmetal / darker grey colored wheels. The owner wanted to go for that CSL style look, so this is what the results were:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #278
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

For the roof of this white Nissan 370z, I vinyl wrapped it in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material. I did not take before pictures, since time was against my side, but I am sure you can imagine how it probably looked like before. I think the cf went well with the overall styling of the rest of the car. The owner of this car was from around Redlands or Riverside county and drove out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 04-29-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #279
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a white VW Mk6 that had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl. I wrapped the material around the antenna and did the top rear hatch part as well. The carbon look adds a nice touch to the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the work done. I took a picture of the side of the roof where the material end, since people usually ask what it looks like for cars that do not have rails/etc.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #280
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I've had a couple of people ask me to post some more pictures of the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish, so here is a white Lexus IS350 sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof with in that material. Also note, the roof spoiler is a real carbon piece, so this will also help give those an idea of how the vinyl material compares/contrast against real carbon. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done. We went with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl finish over the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish to closer match real cf and go with his roof spoiler better.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com