E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 107 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #261
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Haven't posted pictures of matte black roofs in a while, so I figure I'd post this one up. This is a white Subaru that I vinyl wrapped the roof in with my matte black material. Not a lot of cars can pull off the matte look, but I think this Subaru was able to do it fairly well. Usually you want a car that's a bit more aggressively modded/styled if you're going to go with something like a matte black roof. If not, usually other matte black accents would go well with a matte black roof as well. Typically, if you send me pictures of your car, I can determine what would look best on your car, in my opinion and based on the amount of cars I've seen or worked on. The owner of this car was out near in the Fontana area or something like that.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-23-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #262
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a somewhat more recent BMW E46 328i sedan that I recently did some work on. I vinyl wrapped the roof of this car in my gloss black material. I believe the owner of this car was from around the Cerritos/Long Beach area and came out to my shop in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap done for his roof. We decided to go with the gloss black to give it that panoramic look and kind of update the look of the older aging car. The roof was beginning to fade, so with the vinyl on there, it'll end up help protecting whatever is left of the paint underneath it and at the same time give the roof a new/fresh finish to look at. I wanted to post pictures of this car, to show even on a more stock looking car, a gloss black roof is still a nice mod/addition.

Before:

Don't mind the water streaks from trying to clean the roof out in the sun/heat.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #263
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Just wanted to make a quick note for all of the local guys. I am not usually open on the weekends, but I will be having a open house type of event tomorrow. A bit of a short notice, but in case anyone was interested in coming by that don't normally have time during the weekdays to come out to me to have it done, this is your chance.

As much as I work on BMWs and Euro cars, I still also do get other manufacturers and makes that come by to get their roof vinyl wrapped or other vinyl related work done as well. Here's a white Honda Civic SI that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. The owner of this car was around the Garden Grove/Orange County area, and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get his roof wrapped. Decided to go with the gloss black vinyl finish over the matte black vinyl finish for his car, to give it a more factory/clean look.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 10-07-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #264
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here's a white Mercedes Benz CLK that I did quite a few things to. Starting from top to bottom, I vinyl wrapped his roof in my matte black material, blacked out his chrome window trim also with my matte black vinyl material, and then finished everything off with smoking/tinting his tail lights with my film. The owner of this car was fairly close by, in Orange.

The matte black vinyl on the roof is definitely different from what most euro guys go with, but it gives it an interesting different change of pace/look. The window trim on this car was also a bit different from most cars. It was like a two tone chrome, with half of it being somewhat like a black chrome and the other half was a standard chrome finish. I decided to leave the black chrome and only wrap the regular chrome finish, to leave that two tone look.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #265
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I don't get too many Hyundais that come by to get vinyl work done, but the owner of this blue Hyundai Elantra contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap his roof in my gloss black material. The owner of this car was somewhere around Orange County or maybe Inland Empire area, and came out to me in Anaheim Hills. This will give a good idea to guys who have a blue car or just a darker colored car in general of how a gloss black roof looks like on their car. It is a very subtle addition. So if you're looking for something that stands out more, you'd want to go with a matte black vinyl finish.

I forgot to clean the roof before we pulled the car out, so trying to clean the roof out int he sun/heat left a lot of water streaks which showed up in all of the pictures.

I had some people ask for some closer up pictures, so I took some of around the front area, sides of the roof and around the antenna area to show you guys how clean everything is installed and there is no paint showing even around the antenna area.

Before:

After:

You can see from a little further back it's not as noticeable.

However, once you get closer, the gloss black roof starts becoming more noticeable.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #266
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I don't get too many Hyundais that come by to get vinyl work done, but the owner of this blue Hyundai Elantra contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap his roof in my gloss black material. The owner of this car was somewhere around Orange County or maybe Inland Empire area, and came out to me in Anaheim Hills. This will give a good idea to guys who have a blue car or just a darker colored car in general of how a gloss black roof looks like on their car. It is a very subtle addition. So if you're looking for something that stands out more, you'd want to go with a matte black vinyl finish.

I forgot to clean the roof before we pulled the car out, so trying to clean the roof out int he sun/heat left a lot of water streaks which showed up in all of the pictures.

I had some people ask for some closer up pictures, so I took some of around the front area, sides of the roof and around the antenna area to show you guys how clean everything is installed and there is no paint showing even around the antenna area.

Before:

After:

You can see from a little further back it's not as noticeable.

However, once you get closer, the gloss black roof starts becoming more noticeable.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #267
000_323i

My Ride: Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
Haven't posted pictures of matte black roofs in a while, so I figure I'd post this one up. This is a white Subaru that I vinyl wrapped the roof in with my matte black material. Not a lot of cars can pull off the matte look, but I think this Subaru was able to do it fairly well. Usually you want a car that's a bit more aggressively modded/styled if you're going to go with something like a matte black roof. If not, usually other matte black accents would go well with a matte black roof as well. Typically, if you send me pictures of your car, I can determine what would look best on your car, in my opinion and based on the amount of cars I've seen or worked on. The owner of this car was out near in the Fontana area or something like that.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
haha that toy on the dashboard

Porsche Carrera
000_323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #268
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is for the guys who have asked what would look good on their car if they have a carbon fiber hood. Hopefully these pictures can help those of you out a bit. Here's a blue Nissan 350z's roof that I vinyl wrapped with my gloss black material. I wish I had more/better pictures, but it was a bit dark and some of the pictures didn't turn out too good. The owner of this car was somewhere around the Los Angeles or Pasadena area and come down to me in Orange County to have his roof wrapped. You can see the gloss black roof accents the black hood fairly nicely, since they're both glossy finishes/surfaces. This is another good example of how a black roof looks like on a darker colored car such as this blue.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #269
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Been playing catch up in trying to post pictures of all of the previous cars that I have done. I am just going to jump ahead a bit and start posting pictures of more recent cars that I have done. More recent as in a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months or even a year ago, haha.

Either way, here is a gray/graphite colored Mercedes Benz C300 that I vinyl wrapped the factory chrome window trim with my matte black finish vinyl material. We went with the matte black on this car instead of the gloss black vinyl so that the it blended in with the rubber/weather stripping around the car. The owner of this car was from around Red Lands I believe and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have me vinyl his car.

As a note, any other vinyl on the car was not done by me.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #270
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is a gray E46 M3 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. Went with the gloss black to give it that more factory look, to simulate somewhat of a CSL look, even though the CSL had a real CF roof. The owner of this car was also in Orange County as well.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #271
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is something different than what you guys are used to seeing me post. I vinyl wrapped the center/raised portion of the hood on this white BMW E92 M3 with my matte black vinyl material. Of course, the roof on this car was already carbon fiber, so I did not have to do anything with that. However, the owner of this car wanted to give it a more aggressive look without it being permanent and no other vinyl shops were willing to do this on his car. Luckily he found me, and I've done this for several cars in the past before, so it wasn't a problem. Owner of this car was from around south Orange County and came over to me in Anaheim Hills.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #272
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I have a super sale on vinyl right now if anyone is interested in purchasing some materials. Click on the green link in my sig.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

thanks.

-Don
Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #273
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

For comparison sakes, here's pictures of gloss black on this white F10 550i BMW. Been starting to get more of these, as people start purchasing more of these cars. As you can see here, this is my gloss black vinyl material. If you want to go with as close as you can to a panoramic/glass/gloss black paint look, then this is your best option. Owner was around orange county and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the roof wrap done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #274
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This white 3rd gen Lexus GS300 came by to have me install a gloss black vinyl roof on his car. We went with the gloss black vinyl for his roof to give it a factory panoramic look.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #275
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County from around Los Angeles somewhere to get the roof of his silver 350z wrapped in my gloss black vinyl material.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #276
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I'll try and change things up a bit here. Here's a silver Honda Civic that came by to get his roof wrapped in my matte black vinyl material versus gloss black which most people usually go with. This will help others who have a silver car or a glass sunroof and want to see what a matte black vinyled roof would look like on their car and how it contrasts, etc. The owner of this car was from Irvine/Orange County as well.

Before:

After:

Blacked out the chrome trunk handle piece on the rear:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #277
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Trying to gauge if there is any interest in this flat black vinyl finish. I haven't posted pictures of this finish/material before, but I recently had a someone ask if I had something that was flatter than my matte black vinyl material. So, who's interested?

Flat black is on the left and matte black is on the right:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #278
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Even though I mainly specialize in European cars, interestingly enough, I have still had quite a few of these new Kia Optimas come by to get work done on their cars. I had this customer e-mail me to see if I could vinyl wrap the roof of his white Kia Optima with my gloss black vinyl material to give the roof that panoramic roof look/effect. Even though the roof of this car protruded outwards in the middle, unlike most cars, I was still able to wrap the roof without any issues.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #279
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I vinyl wrapped the roof of this brand new white Mercedes-benz C250 with my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles/Torrance area and drove out to me in Orange County to have his roof done. It's always fun seeing new car models/face lifts come out and come by to get some vinyl work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #280
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this silver Corvette contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap his T-top and roll hoop with my matte black vinyl material/finish. I don't get too many domestic cars coming by to get vinyl work done, so this was a nice change of pace. I personally think that the matte black top gave this car a clean look but also a more aggressive stance at the same time. Almost even made the car look longer, because the black was continuous from the front of the windshield to the back of the trunk/rear window now. The owner of this car was around south Orange County and came over to me to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com