This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
|02-28-2016, 12:01 PM||#1|
Euro 2002 325ci vert Topasblau
Hello all! I was waiting for good weather here in Portugal so I could take good pictures of my new E46 and introduce it to yourselves, but it seems I'll have to wait a little more. Meanwhile I could not help myself and already took some pictures to start my journey with my E46.
I bought it a month ago, it had only one previous owner with all the services and inspections done in a BMW official dealership. I was searching for the right car since October, I wanted a different color with sport seats, Harman-Kardon sound system and a Hardtop since it will be a all-year type of car.
So, I got this:
VIN long WBABS31030JY05369
Type code BS31
Type 325CI (EUR)
Dev. series E46 (C)
Body type CABRIO
Cubical capacity 2.50
Colour TOPASBLAU METALLIC (364)
Upholstery STANDARDLEDER/HELLBEIGE 2 (ARBEITSN (N6HC)
Prod. date 2002-10-07 Order options
167 EU4 EXHAUST EMISSIONS NORM
210 DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL (DSC)
226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS
273 LT/ALY WHEELS STAR SPOKE 43
387 WIND DEFLECTOR
391 SOFTTOP DARK BLUE
399 SOFTTOP OPERATION, FULLY AUTOMATIC
428 WARNING TRIANGLE
441 SMOKERS PACKAGE
459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W. MEMORY
481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING
651 MD PLAYER
661 RADIO BMW BUSINESS
672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS
674 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM HARMAN KARDON
856 LANGUAGE VERSION SPANISH
863 EUROPE/DEALER DIRECTORY
889 PORTUGUESE / ON-BOARD DOCUMENTATION
982 HARDTOP IN BODY COLOR
255 SPORTS LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING
550 ON-BOARD COMPUTER
832 BATTERY IN LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT
Since then I have already change those 16' wheels with the 17' Style 68 painted with gun metal (It was already that way, I am still not sure if I return them to the original color).
Already added the OEM parking sensors.
Now for some pictures:
Changed the OEM antenna to a shorter one.
Love it with the windows down...
The steering wheel dos not match the rest of the Piano Black dash trim, but I will change the steering wheel for an M one.
In the near future I will change these mats with OEM mats in tan color.
My superstition is that the first thing I always buy to a car is the keyring...
Who orders a new car, in 2002, with MD player? Thank God the 6 CD player is working, even tough it needs a little smack now and then...
Problems to solve in the next weeks:
- Service the car with fresh oils and filters
- Get it to a car detail guy (he is on vacation these days)
- It has that commom problem with iddling being too low on revs
- The front windows sometimes do not open a little with the doors and do not allign exactly with the hardtop
- Sometimes the interior ventilation only gives warm air, but its getting better each day (the car was sitting unused for some months in a garage)
- Change the disc brakes (maybe an upgrade to the 330d/i ones if I can find them)
- Change the dampers of the boot, since they only work in the fully open position
- Buy two rear tyres 245/45/17
- Change the cracked windshield for an OEM one with the tinted strip
Things to improve:
- Change the steering wheel to a M one
- Buy the short M gearknob
- Buy projectors and Xenon, even tought the Bosch halogen lights give very good light, one of the best halogens I have ever seen...
- Clean, dye and waterproof the blue soft top with renovo products
- Buy the exhaust headers and decat the car
- Change that MD player for a 16:9 OEM navigation system
- Buy the Mtech 2 bumpers and side skirts
- Much more stuff I do not remember know
Not sure about the orange indicators. In some colors I kind of like it. Don't get me wrong, I like the LED tail lights, but then I'll have to have clear or white front indicators and I do not like the ones I've seen so much... I don't know what to do in that matter...
First impressions of the car (I had a very moddified E30 coupe before):
It is capable of being a sports car and a relaxed car. It amazes me very much the capability of doing 25mph (40kmh) in 5th gear and pulling from that with a nice pull without rattles or any signs of struggles, even with the cats still on. It's always there, no need to change gear so often like my previous E30.
Also, the Harman-Kardon sound system is very very good! We can hear the different speakers working as it should be and lots os power too. It is really worth it for someone that loves music in the car.
Now I am waiting for the good portuguese spring and summer to enjoy it open like it should be.
Meanwhile I will do some work in the car and try to make some DIYs. And above all, continue to learn with you all. Any comments will be welcome, good or bad!
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|03-02-2016, 11:29 AM||#5|
Where are you from Pedro?
|03-02-2016, 11:47 AM||#7|
|03-02-2016, 11:52 AM||#8|
More or less each 15 days I'll go to Figueira da Foz, even that is a little far away. maybe we'll meet each other in an event from Clube Cabrio PT :-)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|