E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #101
kmazz
NEPA crew

My Ride: 323ci
Looks good. Strange that you had issues with the lamix kits. Ive ordered a few sets from them for multiple cars of mine and they were all slightly larger than the lights themselves so I was also able to wrap around the edge.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #102
zeroyon

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
I was wondering what to use to make my tails all red?? I dont really want to buy new tails all I want is the amber part to be red with the rest??
zeroyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #103
zeroyon

My SRT4 that I blacked out the tails.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #104
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroyon View Post
I was wondering what to use to make my tails all red?? I dont really want to buy new tails all I want is the amber part to be red with the rest??
I have a film that I use, which I can sell to you if you want to DIY it.

-Don
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #105
zeroyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
I have a film that I use, which I can sell to you if you want to DIY it.

-Don
How much is it? I can def do it myself, you have a site that i can go to.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #106
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Just shoot me a PM of the size you need, and I'll get a price for you.

-Don
Old 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #107
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Forgot to post the pictures of the tail lights to that Puente Hills Subaru WRX that I also did that day. I vinyled/tinted the tails in a red film, with the reverse sections cut out.

Just as a visual, this is what they looked like, to show how drastic the improvement is.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #108
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The car is a white Mercedes Benz C350 that I vinyl wrapped the border around his tail lights with my gloss black vinyl material. Everything was done freehand. I thought the tail lights turned out awesome, and changed the way the car looks completely, with something even as minor as that. Really gives the car a more aggressive look from behind. It's always fun when my customers bring me new ideas and challenges to try and do.

Some comparison pictures with the driver side done and the passenger side still stock.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #109
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I don't get around to posting too many pictures of tinted/smoked tail lights, so I figured I'd do so this time around. Here's pictures of a black BMW E60 M5's tail lights and head lights that I tinted/smoked with my vinyl film material. I tinted only the red portion on the rear tail lights and for the front headlights, I tinted the turn signal chrome reflector top portion only, to bring the brightness of the chrome down a bit. He was actually around in Orange County, around Lake Forest or so, which fairly close to me.

This will be a good comparison for those who are curious about how only partial parts of the tail/head lights are when tinted versus having the whole thing done.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #111
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is a red E92 BMW 328i coupe that I vinyl wrapped the window trim in my matte black material and also tinted/smoked his tail lights with my film. The blacked out window trim really toned down the strong contrast between the bright red and bright chrome. We also decided to go with tinting the whole tail light to give it a consistent finish across the whole tail light, versus just doing the red or white part only. The owner of this car was out in the Fontana/Inland Empire area. As you can also see, everything is done seamlessly, all as a single piece.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #112
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here's a return customer. I actually tinted/smoked his tail lights with my material probably a year ago. However, he somewhat recently had someone reverse into him in a parking lot and broke/cracked his driver side tail light. So he asked me if I could redo that one side for him. Of course, I told him to drop by and we'd get it done for his car. The passenger side tail light is the original one that I had done about a year ago. I took some more detailed/close up pictures of that side more to show you guys how well the material and installation has held up. The owner of this car was also from Irvine, but drove out to me from his school out in Riverside that day to get it done.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 10-05-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #113
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I have to apologize beforehand. I did get a bit carried away with how many pictures I took of this white BMW 1 series. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles area and came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. He originally was only going to get the roof of his white 135i wrapped in my gloss black vinyl material. However, once there and having the roof done, he decided to also tint/smoke out the tail lights on his 135i as well, to compliment the black roof.

I tried to take slightly more detailed pictures this time around, as by request, to show the edges of the roof, etc. I think that the tint/smoke shade that I used on the back tail lights give it a nice cherry red color without being too dark and completely blacking out the tail lights.

Let me know what you guys think.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #114
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

For the tail lights, I tinted the whole thing and then cut out the clear portions for him. I included a picture that shows what it would have looked like with the clear portion tinted compared to it with the clear portion cut out. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills from around Cerritos/north Orange County.

Before:

During (left/driver side is completely tinted, and the right/passenger side has the clear portion cut out):

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #115
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I've had quite a few requests for tinting tail lights recently, so I decided to post up some more pictures of them for you guys. The owner of this car was actually a firefighter at a station local/right down the street from me in Irvine, so I dropped by there to tint/smoke the tail lights and the top portion of the headlights on his black E60 550i.

Tinted/smoked left side, stock/untinted right side:

Both sides tinted:

Top portion of the headlights tinted/smoked:

-Don
Old 02-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #116
Demkine

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Nyce
Demkine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #117
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This time around, I went with a lighter shade than the usual shade that I have used in the past for when I tinted/smoked head lights/tail lights. I chose this shade to closer match a tint/shade that you would expect to see as a dealer or factory option. I basically would describe this as an OEM+ look. For those who are familiar, it's similar to the blackline tail lights that BMW offers or the Porsche tail lights that come from the factory with the clear portion tinted/smoked already. Hopefully you guys will be able to get a good idea of how this shade looks like on these tail lights from the pictures that I took. Let me know if you guys want any specific angles or more pictures and I'll see what I can do.

Left factory - Right tinted

Both tinted/smoked

Tinted/smoked - after

Tinted/smoked - before

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 05-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #118
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
Pictures of on a black E60 from this weekend.

-Don
That tint is perfect. Ive been wanting to do something like this to mine, but I don't want it to be too dark. What percentage is that?

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #119
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Awesome Work!
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #120
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold9485 View Post
That tint is perfect. Ive been wanting to do something like this to mine, but I don't want it to be too dark. What percentage is that?
I don't know what percentage it is. The material I use does not go by ratings like that.