E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #161
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
I worked on this blue VW R32 MkV while up in norcal/bay area. For this car, I used my light smoke/tint film material on the car's tail lights. I took some before, during, and after pictures to show you guys the progression and how it compares to stock side by side. Overall, the shade of vinyl that I use is fairly light and gives the car that OEM+ look without being/looking too dark.

Before:

During (driver/left side stock - passenger/ride side smoked)

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-20-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #162
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Did a light tint/smoke install on this darker grey/gunmetal BMW 750i sedan F01. I took some before, during, and after pictures to give you guys a better picture of how the subtle changes/progress is like with my light tint/smoke vinyl material. I think the tail lights being slightly darker gave it a nice OEM+ look without making it look too modified, which is what the owner was trying to maintain. In addition to the tails, I also dod the reflectors in the bumpers to make sure that everything matched in the rear. The owner of this car drove from Los Angeles out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #163
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this dark blue Subaru WRX had me my clear/transparent red vinyl film on his tail lights. I know most people are used to seeing me use my smoke/tint shade on tail lights, but I also have other colors such as red and yellow for tail lights, fog lights, etc. I took some pictures of the progress, for those who want to see how it is done. Also, some people also prefer the look of the whole tail lights completely red versus having the center portions cut out to be clear. The owner of this car drove from Tustin to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me vinyl his tail lights.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #164
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is a long time customer of mine that has had me worked on several his past/previous cars. The owner of this X6M had me lightly tint the tail lights of his car with my light tint/smoke vinyl film. The lighting wasn't that great, but hopefully you guys can see the back to back comparisons between the before and after pictures. The owner of this car was located in Irvine/Orange County. I like this light tint film shade, because it gives the car a very OEM+ look and looks good on both a stock car or a modified car.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #165
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This black Porsche Turbo S brought his car in to have me lightly tint/smoke both the headlights and tail lights on his car all around. I took some pictures of the car outside and inside to help better show you guys the subtle slight changes in how the lights looked with my light smoke/tint film applied. Also took some pictures of one of the lights stock and the other tinted/smoked to show you how they look like side by side. The owner of this car was from Irvine and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. Overall, I think the light shade was a nice subtle change to the look of this black car.

Before:

After:

During - Passenger/left side stock, driver/right side tinted/smoked:

During - Passenger/right side stock, driver/left side tinted/smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #166
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here's pictures of one of the cars that I did on one of my norcal vinyl wrapping trips up to the bay/San Jose area. I make these trips once or twice a year, depending on how my schedule is like down here in socal/orange county. The owner of this white BMW E92 335i coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material and also lightly tint/smoke his tail lights as well. He opted to not have the side roof rails wrapped, so these pictures will help those who were thinking about if they should get their rails wrapped or not.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #167
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

***Note - This is a darker shade that is a completely different and a lot darker shade than all of my other tinted tail light pictures, this is not the standard shade I use***

The owner of this black Maserati brought me his car to tint/smoke the headlights and tail lights of his car with a very dark vinyl film. He was basically going for the blacked out look. This is not a typical shade/darkness that I use, which is always a very light shade. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. Light out put is going to be definitely affected by going this dark, but if you're trying to achieve a completely blacked out or murdered out type of look, then this would be it.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #168
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

These arenít the best pictures that I have taken, but I had someone request me to post some pictures of work that Iíve done on the new Lexus GS350. For this silver/grey GS350, I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black, lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights, and blacked out the center middle section of the front bumper. The owner of this car brought their car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think overall, the subtle changes to the car gave it a nice different/change of look without making it look too aftermarket or modified.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger ride side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #169
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Not many people know that I use/have other colors of head/tail light film in addition to the normal tint/smoke films that most people typically have me use on their cars. The owner of this Mini Cooper brought his car by to have me tint his head lights yellow and his tail lights with red. I know the yellow headlights isnít for everybody, but the owner of this Mini wanted to do something different, and itís always possible to go back to stock/reversible with vinyl. The owner of this car drove out from Inland Empire to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the work done.

Before:

After (note the headlights are on in these pictures):

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #170
aarondb4

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI Vert
Hey Don,

What would be your turn around time if I shipped some Dodge Ram headlights to you to have them tinted? I am in Boise ID, so shipping shouldn't be too bad. If your turn around is decent I might have to ship the lights to you this summer. I can drive my weekend car for a week or so while waiting for the headlights to come back. And what would I be looking at for cost?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #171
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I can do it the same day the lights arrive to me and ship out the following day.

I'd need you to measure your head lights and let me know the size of them so I can give you pricing. PM me with more info/details when you get it.

thanks.

-Don
Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #172
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I always do enjoy having modified cars come by to have work done on their cars. The owner of this carbon black BMW E39 M5 came by to have me apply my light tint material to his whole tail light. This is the same material/shade that you see me using in all of my previous pictures of tinted tail lights. It may appear slightly lighter on this specific car, but that's because on darker colored cars (IE black, dark grey, etc) the contrast between the tint shade and the car is not as big, so it'll appear lighter than it does on lighter colored cars (IE white, silver, etc). He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

Left/driver side tinted - Right/passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #173
saschaplease

My Ride: cars and bikes
I see the difference on the M5. It looks really nice!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #174
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Thanks!

-Don
Old 02-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #175
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I know the before/after differences may not show up well in the pictures, but for those who own these cars and are familiar with it, I am sure you can see/notice the differences. The owner of this white Lexus IS250 brought in his car to have me apply a clear red transparent film over the orange amber portion of his tail lights. This gives the tail lights a nice consistent red tone/finish to the entire tail light, without having the random orange amber break up the tail light's lines. In addition to the tails, I also applied a clear transparent yellow film to his head lights. I typically use the yellow for fog lights, but I have had quite a few requests for the yellow to be applied on head lights in the past and lately.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #176
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I am considering doing a group buy on tinted/smoked tail lights. If I can get around 5-10 people together, I can give a group discount. If you're interested in this, e-mail me directly at donathon@gmail.com

This brand new white Mercedes C250 sedan came in to have me wrap his roof in my gloss black vinyl material and also tint/smoke his tail lights. I took several comparison pictures of the tail lights before/during/after and inside/outside, to show you guys the progress and how it looks like in different lighting. The owner of this car brought his car in to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger/right side stock:

Both sides tinted/smoked:

Stock/untinted:

Smoked/tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #177
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this white Mercedes C63 AMG coupe had me tint the tail lights on his car with my light tint/smoke film. I had previously blacked out his chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material. With the darker colored theme that the owner of this car was going for, I think the tail lights added a nice subtle touch. I only use one shade, and this is the same shade that you see in all of my pictures. Some times it may appear darker on whiter/lighter colored cars compared to darker/black cars, but that's because of the contrast difference that makes it appear that way. The owner of this car was in Newport Beach and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #178
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I've worked on several cars for the owner of this white BMW 650i gran coupe sedan before. This time he brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the white portions of his roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to finish off and complete the gloss black roof look.

In addition to the roof, I also tinted/smoked the rear tail lights and the front head lights on this car. The film that I used is fairly light, and gives it an OEM+ type look, as if it could have came from the factory like this. In one of the pictures below, I took a picture of the tail lights with the lights on, with one side untinted/stock and the other side tinted/smoked, to give you an idea of how the light output is still with the film applied. You'll see that even with the film, a the light coming through is still fairly bright.

Before:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side (lights on):

Stock passenger/right side - Tinted/smoked driver/left side:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #179
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this white Audi Q5 brought me her car to have me lightly smoke/tint her tail lights with my film. I've had a lot of people ask me recently if I have any other shades, but this is actually the only shade I have used and posted pictures of for the past couple of years now. In addition to her tails, I also did the lower bumper reflectors to match the tail lights, but left the upper third brake light alone. She brought her car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tinting work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #180
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this blue E92 M3 has had me do several of his cars in the past before as well. This time he brought me his car to have me lightly smoke/tint the tail lights on his car. Sorry for the before/during pictures, the lighting wasn't as good, but hopefully you can see how the tail lights look like in the after pictures. The owner of this car was around Newport Beach are and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the tint work done. It's a fairly light shade, which gives it a very factory look.

Before:

Driver/left side stock - passenger/right side tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com