E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
Non-BMW parts, Non-BMW for sale, motorcycles, random car parts, home electronics, cell phones, clothing, shoes, concert tickets, video games, pets and anything else you can think of!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
SweetTalker

My Ride: A4
FS: 11-99 CHP license plate frame

AUTHENTIC CHP 11-99 Frame for Sale

To answer a few questions:

Q2. Is this thing legitimate?
A2. Yes, it is the real deal - AUTHENTIC from the 11-99 foundation.

Q3. Does the badge and/or wall plaque come with it?
A3. No. Because they are personalized, they would do you no good.

Q4. Don't I need the badge to prove my membership if asked by a CHP officer? I read a story on some guy didn't have the badge and got into some deep s**t.
A4. First, 11-99 is a private non profit organization, NOT a government entity. The license frame is simply a gift for making a cash donation. It is NOT illegal in any way, shape, or form to possess this frame, nor does possession imply any special privilege. CHP or any other law enforcement have no legal right whatsoever to hassle you over your membership.

Q5. This is basically a "get out of tickets" thing, right?
A5. Yes, No, and Maybe. First, any local/municipal/out of state law enforcement officer won't give a rat's ass about your 11-99 frame. You will get NO special treatment from local law enforcement, ever. With respect to CHP, the answer is: it depends. I have been stopped with the frame on my car only once, and I was let go. The officer specifically referenced the license plate frame as the reason he let me go. While that is just 1 CHP officer out of 10,000, that alone should speak volumes. And for the record, he did NOT ask to see any special badge or membership card. Displaying this frame on your car MAY increase the chances of you receiving a warning in lieu of a citation from the CHP. However, leniancy may depend entirely on the severity of your crime. If you were doing 120mph racing 3 cars, I would expect you to be arrested, with or without this frame.

Q6. How many do you have?
A6. One

Q7. What condition is it in?
A7. 10/10 it is brand new never used

Q8. Can I get a refund if CHP gives me a ticket anyway.
A8. No. This isn't Costco. All sales are final.

PRICE: $300 obo. Make offers too don't be afraid. These frames have been selling for $250 to $1000 on ebay and other online sources. 1 speeding ticket can cost anywhere from $150 - $360+. Don't forget the time and effort it takes to make a court appearance. And what about the rise in your insurance rates? Considering many of you get 2+ tickets every year, this frame could conceivably pay for immediately.

I copied and pasted the questions part from another forum because I thought it was very informative. No need to flame, just trying to sell my frame okay? Thanks. Let's keep it civilized.
SweetTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
radioactiveman

My Ride: 2003 530i
Give you $20. It happened, get out of the past.
radioactiveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
SweetTalker

Sure you can take it for $20.

NOT.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
print this out, stick it on the back of your car, and it will have the same effect...

and best of all, its free and wont cost you $300 bucks, so technically, if it saves you from ONE ticket, you would have MADE $150 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
Old 09-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
Bimmer330cibro

My Ride: AW 330ci And IR M3
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer330cibro Send a message via MSN to Bimmer330cibro
whats does it do?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
Slvr e39

My Ride: Stg2 Dinan M3
Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
Slvr e39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
SweetTalker

Seriously let's keep it civil, don't want to buy it? just move on. I've pretty much cleared up every FAQ on the first post. Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
tlegend

My Ride: 02 M3
Send a message via AIM to tlegend
Why are you trying to sell it?
tlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
al0513

My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
to make money i suppose?