E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 05:07 AM   #41
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
glad youre ok! car can be replaced but not you or the old fool who pulled in front! lucky her, it wasnt a MACK.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:31 AM   #42
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I'd say its totalled. Looks about as bad as my previous M3 when it got totalled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #43
AHEAD OF THE CLASS

My Ride: M3, Ducati 848, RR
Send a message via AIM to AHEAD OF THE CLASS
I would say insurance wise it's a goner, but I no tons of shops that have fixed way worse looking accidents than that it all depends on the price to fix it
Old 09-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #44
spicoli024

My Ride: '06 Jet Black M3 ZCP
Yea, I think it is on the edge. Hopefully I get the option to toal it and take cash. Im looking at the e92 at the local dealership here or maybe a 2006 M3 Competition and transfer the mods. I found a great one in Cali with only 12K miles!

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S
spicoli024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #45
\\\VLADA

My Ride: C70 T5
Send a message via MSN to \\\VLADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelzy View Post
that car is not totalled. $10k in damage best....doesnt even look like the frame was affected. Mostly cosmetic. Let us know what they say....
+1
ex-YU thread

Motorcycle thread
\\\VLADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #46
JuanCarpantier

My Ride: 2008 e92 M3 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
Yea, I think it is on the edge. Hopefully I get the option to toal it and take cash. Im looking at the e92 at the local dealership here or maybe a 2006 M3 Competition and transfer the mods. I found a great one in Cali with only 12K miles!
Interlagos Blue ZCP!!! If you're referring to the JB e92 at Momentum, its gone.

---JC
JuanCarpantier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #47
Jam3s Bond

My Ride: 02 Imola ///M
That'll buff out

Actually I had a hit in my scion with that much damage and NO AIRBAG deployment and they almost totaled it, and that was a scion.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #48
spicoli024

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCarpantier View Post
Interlagos Blue ZCP!!! If you're referring to the JB e92 at Momentum, its gone.
Are you serious?! Fvck it, that makes this easy then, 2006 Jet Black / Black e46 M3 SMG Competition.

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #49
spicoli024

The woman's insurance company finally took a look at my car yesterday. They estimated damages at $12,475 but do not think, at this point, it is a total loss. Fvckn a man, I would think any other insurance company would just total it. Metropolitan Collision is going to remove the sidewalls and let her insurance company inspect the integrity before they make their decision. At this point though I think I would rather them just total it. I mean, really over $12,000 of damages on a $22,000 car. Come on.

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S
Old 09-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #50
TFY

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
The woman's insurance company finally took a look at my car yesterday. They estimated damages at $12,475 but do not think, at this point, it is a total loss. Fvckn a man, I would think any other insurance company would just total it. Metropolitan Collision is going to remove the sidewalls and let her insurance company inspect the integrity before they make their decision. At this point though I think I would rather them just total it. I mean, really over $12,000 of damages on a $22,000 car. Come on.
shitty, i know exactly how you feel. what sucks is when they do fix it, it never really feels the same.
TFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #51
calle6289

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
damnn that sucks man..hopefully they total it..if not well hopefully they do an amazing job fixing it.

2003.5 E46
///M3 Vert / Silver Grey/ SMG
Sparrowtek.com
robcalle@sparrowtek.com
calle6289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #52
7xes

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to 7xes
well i had a bad day today as well. it could be way worse though. i stopped after like 3 cars in front of me and was checking out mirrors when i heard a hard braking, looked into my rear view mirror and i saw car sliding, then hitting the one in front of him, then another one coming right at me. first reaction was just to drop the clutch and thank god i did that. car just went far enough to avoid collision with the one in front and in back of me. i went outside and saw three cars smashed behind me, and the one in the middle was literally sandwiched. the driver of the truck that caused the whole thing was calm as for the damage he did, the driver of the corolla which was sandwiched was about 18 year old guy who probably got some neck injury. the one right behind me was about 40 year old lady with 13 month child in the back. obviously baby was scared. i was in couple accidents but this one happened soo fast! i checked out my car but there was no damage, just when i got home i saw too small dents. well whatever. just thought id share.
7xes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #53
mikracer

My Ride: E46
Make sure you tell your insurance adjuster that you want OEM replacement parts and not aftermarket repops. That might bump up the claim and get you to total the vehicle. If I were you, thats what I would be shooting for. If you ever plan on selling your car, the accident will show up on carfax, so you will have a much harder time selling it. Also, after a crash like that, it will never be the same.
mikracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #54
si_futbol

My Ride: sw20
it depends if you go through insurance or not. same thing happend to me bout a month ago. Insurance would of deemed it a write off. You're looking at about 15. Youve got about 7gs in oem parts with out labour. Thats what it cost me In CND $. Insurance in canada atleast will usually write off cars if its over 8gs in damage. I dont know bout the states. My fenders werent out cause it hit right in the center, it looks like your hit more to one side.
si_futbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #55
NiagaraXI

My Ride: E46 325xi
Ouch!
NiagaraXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #56
Kayotic

My Ride: 330Ci
Send a message via MSN to Kayotic Send a message via Yahoo to Kayotic
man it really sucks to hear that this happened just before the smashburger meet. i was really hoping to check out your M. I'm def sorry to hear that all this happened. i hope everything goes ok with the insurance. unfortunately, *knocks on wood* i haven't been in such a serious accident to give you any advice, but i hope everything turns out to your best interest.

on a second note, if you end up selling some parts let me know please!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #57
spicoli024

^ I most likely will. Let me know which parts you would be interested in and I'll see what I can do for you. All mods are reserved for the 2006 M3 ZCP though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by si_futbol View Post
it depends if you go through insurance or not. same thing happend to me bout a month ago. Insurance would of deemed it a write off. You're looking at about 15. Youve got about 7gs in oem parts with out labour. Thats what it cost me In CND $. Insurance in canada atleast will usually write off cars if its over 8gs in damage. I dont know bout the states. My fenders werent out cause it hit right in the center, it looks like your hit more to one side.
No offense man, I appreciate your input and all, but did you even bother to read the thread?

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S
Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #58
MP325

My Ride: 2004 325xi
I died a little inside when I saw that.. at least you put a warning.. sorry to see that
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #59
bode

My Ride: e36
same thing happend to me just a few days ago! not that bad though...insurance will total the car if it is 70% or more of what the car is worth. I am going through the same thing as we speak, but with an e36.
bode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #60
spicoli024

Quote:
Originally Posted by bode View Post
same thing happend to me just a few days ago! not that bad though...insurance will total the car if it is 70% or more of what the car is worth. I am going through the same thing as we speak, but with an e36.
Hartford, her insurance provider, claims they consider cars a lost cause when the cost for repairs amounts to 72% of the car's estimated worth. So, I suppose I would need around $3,000 more in damages to be discovered in order for it to be considered totaled. If I didn't like that car so much I would go in there with a sledge hammer and beat the life out of it, but that scenario would just be wrong after all the good times together. However, now that I think about it, I do not recall anyone mentioning any damage to the suspension, which would easily add another 3Gs and I am sure it was damaged as I was changing lanes to avoid her when I hit her. I'll keep my fingers crossed for now. Good luck to you, man!

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S