E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

View Poll Results: Which car would you choose?
2004 330i ZHP 5 29.41%
2004 330ci ZHP 12 70.59%
2004 325ci (only premium/cold package) 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
NataliE46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Question Poll: Which car would you choose from the 3? (details+pics)

So I've been searching high and low for a replacement BMW since selling my beloved '99 M Coupe. I'm booting around in a Volkswagen MK4 Golf 1.8T and with any luck, she'll be sold soon in order to make room for a new E46 3-series!

I went to go look at five different cars and I have narrowed my choices down to these three:

1) 2004 330i ZHP; Titanium Silver/Alcataran interior, 83,500 miles, 6-spd
@ $18,000 USD

Pros: Original owner, mint interior, drives and handles flawlessly, ZHP goodness, wheel style 71 included (was it an option NOT to have the style 135M's??)
Cons: entire front end needs a re-spray (so many rock chips and there is rust starting under the hood nose), high milage, pitted, foggy headlights and foglights, underbody looks a little rusty as it's seen salt.
Pics:

2) 2004 330ci ZHP; Silver Grey/Alcataran interior, 71,400 miles, 6-spd
@ $21,000 USD
Pros: Good condition overall body, minor rock chips on the hood & bumper, mint interior, drives and handles flawlessly, ZHP goodness
Cons: PRICE. I asked the clueless Seller where the original 18" style 135M wheels are, he claims he bought the car with the 17" style 68 wheels. He's also loosing his license next week therefore methinks he should be very negotiable.
Pics:

3) 2004 325ci with Premium & Cold Package; Titanium Silver/Leatherette, 42,100 miles, 5-spd
@ $17,000 USD
Pros: The dream: low milage, little old lady original owned vehicle! The cleanest interior I've ever seen, not a spec of dust or crumb to be found. LIKE-NEW condition.
Cons: The non-Sport Package made me want to cry. I had asked her to describe the seats, well, to her the standard seats had "big bolsters". What can I do, she's a million years old and just didn't know. Lesser engine (2.5L) and minus one gear (5-speed). 16" style 88 wheels. Minor aesthetic flaws.
Pics:

So I'm trying to convince myself that one of these vehicles is the "One". I'm working within a budget too, don't want to overspend for something I might regret either. Do I think of re-sale? Performance? Aesthetics? Maintenance..etc

What are some of your opinions, guys?
NataliE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
The-Aziz

My Ride: 2002 320i
I really like: 2) 2004 330ci ZHP; Silver Grey/Alcataran interior, 71,400 miles, 6-spd

Exterior color is great, rims look great, and has a very SHARP look to it.
See if you can talk him down to about $18,000 - $19,000 MAX.

goodluck on the search!

btw, this car would look even nicer if it had M3 style mirrors... DIY for the future

THE-AZiZ
2002 320i Titanium Silver | Primary Focus: Exterior Mod's Started September 2009 | 18" 5 Spoke Rox Rims, Black with Machined Lip | CF Eyelids | ACS Rooftop Spoiler | M-Tech Style Trunk Spoiler | 23% Tint All-Around | Smoked Rears | E46Fanatics Decal on Rear Windows | + more soon...
The-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
The 330i. The second car is NOT a zhp! That seller has no idea what he's talking about. Its a sport package car with an mtech 2 front end. The gauges tell the story...on zhps, the needles are red.

The 330i sedan is the only true zhp there I think

EDIT: I don't know if canadian cars are different so the gauges might be correct actually

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
NataliE46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
#1, the 330i ZHP's cluster looks like this, dunno about the needle color difference thing, but they are both definitely ZHP's

NataliE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
I think the Canadian and American ZHPs are a bit different... but yeah, I would be hard-pressed to touch a ZHP without the stock 18" rims.

The second one looks the best IMO.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote