E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #281
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
The sig 1911-22 is supposedly the same thing essentially. I love the feel of it and the vz grips really set it off nicely. Cant wait for the can.
How are you titling the suppressor? Buying it outright with LEO approval or going the route of a Firearms Trust?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 12-05-2011 at 10:26 AM.
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #282
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
How are you titling the suppressor? Buying it outright or going the route of a Firearms Trust?
Deciding on that right now...rumor online is atf might do away with state leo sign off beginning of the year, which is what trust by passes so I might go individual route not as worried with privacy advantages with the trust just time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #283
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Quote:
Deciding on that right now...rumor online is atf might do away with state leo sign off beginning of the year, which is what trust by passes so I might go individual route not as worried with privacy advantages with the trust just time.

They're already approving them without CLEO sign-off for cans. I know some people have already got them without it or a trust.
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #284
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/

Glockman, why didnt you think of this?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #285
VillanovaGrad

My Ride: M3 M5 X3
can someone recommend a holster for the ppk...?
conceal carry
Old 12-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #286
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Zombie ammo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1323999206.700941.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	428983  
Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #287
VillanovaGrad

Quote:
Zombie ammo
dont these cost as much as hornady critical defense?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #288
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
dont these cost as much as hornady critical defense?
Probably close to it...dont remember. Going to make a cool display and probably give a box or 2 away.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #289
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:

There are many benefits to using an LLC or Trust other than privacy. I went the Trust route because for me it was about the ability of multiple people to legally use the property of the Trust and the ability to add users at a later date, the ease of transfer after I die or I'm incapacitated, and most importantly the protection for my wife. Now, the likelihood of the ATF coming to the house for some reason while I'm out and my wife is at home with my SBR sitting out is highly unlikely. I'm sure that it will never happen. However, if it did happen, with her named as a co-trustee we completely avoid the possibility of constructive possession.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #290
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
There are many benefits to using an LLC or Trust other than privacy. I went the Trust route because for me it was about the ability of multiple people to legally use the property of the Trust and the ability to add users at a later date, the ease of transfer after I die or I'm incapacitated, and most importantly the protection for my wife. Now, the likelihood of the ATF coming to the house for some reason while I'm out and my wife is at home with my SBR sitting out is highly unlikely. I'm sure that it will never happen. However, if it did happen, with her named as a co-trustee we completely avoid the possibility of constructive possession.
That's a good point...I should probably look into having a trust drawn up soon. I'm planning on purchasing a can in Jan. Did you write your own trust or have somebody draw one up for you. If you don't mind me asking how much it cost if the latter. Thanks for the input.

BTW how do you like your kriss? That gun seems more and more appealing to me every time I look at it.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #291
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
That's a good point...I should probably look into having a trust drawn up soon. I'm planning on purchasing a can in Jan. Did you write your own trust or have somebody draw one up for you. If you don't mind me asking how much it cost if the latter. Thanks for the input.

BTW how do you like your kriss? That gun seems more and more appealing to me every time I look at it.
I had a lawyer create the trust for me. I actually work with trusts everyday in my job, so I understand the importance of having it done correctly and suited to your individual needs. Mine was $200, but I got a pretty deep discount on it. Whomever you choose to create your trust, be sure that you are not getting generic language. Make sure that the lawyer works with you, listens to your individual needs, and writes that into your trust. Just as an example, I wanted my wife to be co-trustee for the reasons above, but I didn't want her to have to sign off on property every time I add or sell something. I had the lawyer add language that provides me as grantor and initial co-trustee to have 100% control over the decision making of the property.

I also included a primary and residual beneficiary, and two successor co-trustees. Further, I wrote up a letter of resignation for my wife and included that in with the trust paperwork. This way, should something happen to me and she is not in a frame of mind to deal with my "toys" she can sign and date the letter, hand it to the successor trustee as named in the trust and be done with it.

I really like the KRISS, but I've been so focused on the ARs lately that I've kind of neglected it. I'm actually heading out to Rocky Creek Ranch tomorrow to help with some final prep for all of the upcoming classes in 2012 and I'm bringing it with me. I hope to have a chance to use it on the new and improved short range on a break.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #292
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Probably close to it...dont remember. Going to make a cool display and probably give a box or 2 away.
.45 ACP is quite acceptable. Thanks in advance!

Juuuuuuuuust kidding.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #293
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quick question for all you CCW guys...

What is your choice for pocket autos? Non-Glock pocket 9mm specifically. I have a Glock 19, 1911 45 ACP and a few 32s but I want a small pocket 9mm that can be handled by my wife, but me as well. I looked at Sccy, Kel Tec and a few others... What kind do you have?

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #294
evolved

Springfield XD9? FN FNP-9?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 12-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #295
kaput

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Springfield XD9? FN FNP-9?
XD-9 is a large gun. We are talking pocket pistols... Tiny, single stack reliable ultra small handguns.

As said, I have a Glock 19, which is a compact gun. The 26 is subcompact, but still double stack and wide. I want to get something small, fits in a purse, or my shorts pocket, but reliable and powerful.

2002 M3
Old 12-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #296
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
XD-9 is a large gun. We are talking pocket pistols... Tiny, single stack reliable ultra small handguns.

As said, I have a Glock 19, which is a compact gun. The 26 is subcompact, but still double stack and wide. I want to get something small, fits in a purse, or my shorts pocket, but reliable and powerful.
The XD9 comes in subcompact, but if you want smaller what about a Kahr PM9?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #297
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I had a Kahr PM9 for a while, and I loved it. Great gun, very small and light, and easy to shoot. The single stack magazine made it very thin so that it didn't print or anything. The PM9 is a little bit more expensive, but the CM9 is the same model minus a couple options, and is much more affordable if that is a concern. For a 9mm, there isn't a better "micro compact" pistol out there. The Rohrbaugh R9 is absolutely tiny, but it's insanely expensive.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #298
kaput

I saw the CM9 and was impressed. I think I might pick one up soon for the wife, so I can have my glock back. Any thoughts on the Sccy handguns?

2002 M3
Old 12-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #299
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
For pocket carry, check out the Bersa Thunder or the Ruger LC9. Both are awesome little pistols that I've heard nothing but good things about. The guys at my local gun shop were having little gungasms over the Bersa.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #300
VillanovaGrad

what do you guys use to lube the gun? rem oil?
hoppes #9?

Tags
guns, poosay magnets, random, talk