E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #301
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
what do you guys use to lube the gun? rem oil?
hoppes #9?
I personally use Rem Oil. I've used it for all my guns over the years and not a single one of them has failed me yet. (Knock on wood...)

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #302
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Slip2000 EWL. It is by far the most superior lube I've used. One of my ARs is sitting at 2000rds right now without a cleaning, and it's running like a top with EWL.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #303
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Slip2000 EWL. It is by far the most superior lube I've used. One of my ARs is sitting at 2000rds right now without a cleaning, and it's running like a top with EWL.
Word. Gunzilla for cleaning, and slip2000 ewl for lubrication.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #304
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
Word. Gunzilla for cleaning, and slip2000 ewl for lubrication.
Slip 2000 EWL for a pistol? I only use that for my ARs, I use standard Slip 2000 for my pistols.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #305
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Slip 2000 EWL for a pistol? I only use that for my ARs, I use standard Slip 2000 for my pistols.
Used it on my 1911 a few times. Mainly for my AR though. EWL not suppose to be used on pistols?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #306
VillanovaGrad

My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Old 12-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #307
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
Used it on my 1911 a few times. Mainly for my AR though. EWL not suppose to be used on pistols?
You can use it for anything. It works great. I just use it for everything because that way I only need to buy one lube.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #308
VillanovaGrad

Quote:
You can use it for anything. It works great. I just use it for everything because that way I only need to buy one lube.
what do you use to clean it?
im using pro-shot 1 step right now...
i dont use lube after this 1 step thing... it says it leaves behind a light film..
seems to be legit
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #309
Reedo302

Guns like the USP, Glocks, M&Ps and the lot require very little lubricant to function correctly. Guns like 1911s tend to require more lubrication.

I am a Slip2000 fanboy. I use their CarbonKiller and 725 Cleaner/Degreaser for cleaning. Other cleaners work pretty decently as well. Hoppes #9 is one of the greatest smells ever. Thing is, Slip2000 products work phenomenally well, and they're biodegradable and nontoxic. I like that they won't kill my dogs if I drop some on the carpet and one of my dogs decides to lick the carpet. Also a good move if you have kids; especially kids who like to lick the floor.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #310
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Guns like the USP, Glocks, M&Ps and the lot require very little lubricant to function correctly. Guns like 1911s tend to require more lubrication.

I am a Slip2000 fanboy.
I use their CarbonKiller and 725 Cleaner/Degreaser for cleaning. Other cleaners work pretty decently as well. Hoppes #9 is one of the greatest smells ever. Thing is, Slip2000 products work phenomenally well, and they're biodegradable and nontoxic. I like that they won't kill my dogs if I drop some on the carpet and one of my dogs decides to lick the carpet. Also a good move if you have kids; especially kids who like to lick the floor.
i am as well. My favorite lubw by far. I'd use it for sex if I could.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #311
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

It's all that I use for lube, although I had always been under the assumption that the EWL was thicker and the standard was better for pistols.

Last edited by Serbonze; 01-02-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #312
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Took my girl to the shooting range for the (her) first time yesterday. She was very anxious and nervous around and about guns, so I figured maybe inviting her out to the range with me after a "sit-down" style home-class about gun safety would be a good way to help her stop (completely) fearing the unknown. I walked her through all of the do's and don't's of gun safety and she (visually) absorbed and (in action) respected all the information, which was a big relief.

We took my Springfield XD9 (Service 4") to the range and put about 80 rounds downrange before I felt she had enough for her first day, and we did have a really fun time doing it. She handled the gun safely and was a pretty good shot for a beginners.

The only negative of the event was that there were two guys (in the lane directly beside us) shooting their Taurus Judge... and it was understandably intimidating for her because of the ominous in-door percussion and breathtakingly loud detonation. Fortunately for us they could only fire 5 shots before having to reload, but damn that gun is no fun to shoot beside.

Hope everyone's new year was fun and safe!
-Chris
Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #313
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5 325i View Post
Took my girl to the shooting range for the (her) first time yesterday. She was very anxious and nervous around and about guns, so I figured maybe inviting her out to the range with me after a "sit-down" style home-class about gun safety would be a good way to help her stop (completely) fearing the unknown. I walked her through all of the do's and don't's of gun safety and she (visually) absorbed and (in action) respected all the information, which was a big relief.

We took my Springfield XD9 (Service 4") to the range and put about 80 rounds downrange before I felt she had enough for her first day, and we did have a really fun time doing it. She handled the gun safely and was a pretty good shot for a beginners.

The only negative of the event was that there were two guys (in the lane directly beside us) shooting their Taurus Judge... and it was understandably intimidating for her because of the ominous in-door percussion and breathtakingly loud detonation. Fortunately for us they could only fire 5 shots before having to reload, but damn that gun is no fun to shoot beside.

-Chris
My girlfriend admitted she's actually never even handled a gun before (as far as shooting goes). We're going to have some quality time together and a date to the shooting range. Guess I'll be breaking out the .22LR for her before handing her the 9mm.

That sucks about having a hand cannon going off next to you with her first session. Hopefully she wasn't completely turned off by it and she'll want to go back again.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #314
VillanovaGrad

Quote:

-Chris
sometimes i do ear plugs plus the ear muffs because dumbasses blast magnums next to me...
its much better because you kind of jump everytime their sh!t goes off
Old 01-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #315
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #316
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:

-Chris
Thanks for calling me d*ck. I H8u
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #317
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Received this via email. I'm not big on sharing forwarded emails, but this seems plausible and serves as a good reminder to pay attention to your surroundings and who might be targeting you as a gun owner:

Quote:
This is from a local gun collecting club, the Houston Gun collector's Assn.

Public service announcement:

While I was in a Denver gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that’s less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the police chief of that county came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition. Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. This is the first I’ve heard of this in Denver . Please pass this info along to your 2nd amendment list.

This next comment from a Gunsite instructor:
I don’t know how widespread this is becoming , but the info regarding the NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting clays know. Competitors there were having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken in to when parked for lunch etc.
Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself. 27 high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with high $$ competition guns are in town.
BTW I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals. He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus Christi the month before.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #318
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Think I'm going to get started on my nfa trust this week. Found a later who is very active on local forum who will write it up for $300 which seems pretty reasonable. Wish I could find 2 other local non forum members it drops the price to $200 a trust.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #319
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #320
Zach1111

My Ride: 2001 330i Sedan
Turning 21 soon. Recommendations?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
Zach1111 is offline   Reply With Quote