E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #641
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Oh yea, I've seen where it says "buy it used", it just seemed that there was a "used" section that I was overlooking.
There might be haha, I'm just not sure

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #642
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Does anyone have experience / reviews for Remora holsters?

I'm trying to select a pocket holster for my Kahr CM9 and was just going to get another Desantis Nemesis, but the Remora looks like it would be a good option. There are a few pairs of pants that IWB carry is not going to work for this particular pistol, so I need a pocket carry option.

They can also be used for IWB, but if it didn't work well there, I'd get an additional holster made of kydex for that role, probably a PJ holster.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #643
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I'm also considering some of their mag holders. They can also accommodate flashlights, so it seems attractive, but then again if they are junk then they aren't good for anything.
http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Pr...ductCode=1MHS2

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #644
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Since I got my SBR with the break, yes, I've pissed a few people off. That's mainly because I've been shooting at shoot straight down here, which only has that lame 100 yard indoor range with 3 bays and every other person that goes in there wants to practice their grouping with a precision rig. So, naturally, the concussion and noise of the SBR with the brake really gets on some nerves. I've never been asked to throw the can on it though or cut it out by management.

As for the used amazon section, I'm not sure if there is a way to access it directly. I have seen that if you look at a specific item you're interested in, it has new and used prices most times and if you click the used prices, you can get descriptions, etc. of what is available.
A couple of years ago a buddy of mine and I went shooting and he brought out "the big guns", namely his .44 magnum and .50 AE. He was politely told by the management that he was disturbing the other customers, and they asked him to leave. He said "sure, no problem."

As far as I know, he's never been back.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #645
david05111

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...163618126.html

Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #646
david05111

^ that one was funny...this one is horrible/tragic

http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-7-s...200049283.html

Story doesn't make any sense to me at least. Aside from the obvious of somehow shooting his kid, he was looking to sell these things. Did he actually walk into a store with a loaded firearm to trade it?

Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #647
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
Quote:
^ that one was funny...this one is horrible/tragic

http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-7-s...200049283.html

Story doesn't make any sense to me at least. Aside from the obvious of somehow shooting his kid, he was looking to sell these things. Did he actually walk into a store with a loaded firearm to trade it?
Right by me. Several news stations have reported different stories as to how the gun went off......Something smells very fishy
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #648
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Anyone here own or know much about CZ Tactical Sports?

Oh, and I also am about to put a Walther PPQ in jail on the 15th. Wasn't looking to buy anything like it right now, but after reading literally 100's of reviews of how amazing it is, I had to get one to see what everyone is talking about. Anyone have or shot one here?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #649
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I have been reading an unending flood of positive comments about the PPQ and PPS. Sounds like it's a pretty highly rated firearm.

I have not used a CZ75, but there is a pretty strong following behind those guns and I really haven't heard anything negative about them.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-10-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #650
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
Right by me. Several news stations have reported different stories as to how the gun went off......Something smells very fishy
I know how it went off.... The trigger was pulled
If he followed just one of the three safety rules, put the gun in a holster or cleared it properly...
His kid would still be alive

Sad... But he failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #651
Reedo302

We had a recent incident where a 4yo shot his infant brother with a loaded handgun. All over the news, journalists are reporting that the father was told by a firearms trainer "that it's okay to store a loaded firearm in the house, as long as the safety is on". You'd have to be an idiot to leave a loaded handgun under the pillow on your bed, and that's what happened and how the 4yo got ahold of the gun. No lock box, no vault, no locked drawer, nothing. The father is not really being held accountable, and so far I have not once heard any journalist mention how it's a gross misdemeanor in the state of Minnesota to store or leave a firearm where it is accessible to children.
There's no amount of training or lock boxes that can solve outright stupidity.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #652
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
Mine is always loaded, with the safety off....However, it is locked in a safe.
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #653
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
If I shot and killed my own son/daughter, I would kill myself, no way I would be able to live with that
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #654
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Just ordered another geissele trigger, ssa for my 16" build.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #655
david05111

^nice

I'm starting to think I should get in on this business somehow. I mean, look at how much some of this stuff costs and look at how many of them they're selling. The AAC cans I've bought have, aside from the Element, been $800+. The geissele triggers are $175+. And for what? The suppressor probably costs like $250-300 to design and develop with the amount they manufacture and sell and the trigger probably is like $30 in parts and $50 in development per trigger. Companies are making a killing on these things and while I acknowledge insurance, legal, and other overhead costs there is some serious, serious money being made at the moment. I need to find a niche...we all do. Lets make a Fanatics firearm company to manufacture something. You, me, Reedo, Serbonze, tailo, and maybe one or 2 others. Between us, we should have the knowledge to pull it off technically and business-wise. We just need a product...

Last edited by david05111; 12-11-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #656
Reedo302

So, the delivery date for my SureFire X300 Ultra weaponlight has been pushed back to some time in January.
Can't say I'm happy about this...

Glock Armorer

Old 12-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #657
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
So, the delivery date for my SureFire X300 Ultra weaponlight has been pushed back to some time in January.
Can't say I'm happy about this...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #658
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
^nice

I'm starting to think I should get in on this business somehow. I mean, look at how much some of this stuff costs and look at how many of them they're selling. The AAC cans I've bought have, aside from the Element, been $800+. The geissele triggers are $175+. And for what? The suppressor probably costs like $250-300 to design and develop with the amount they manufacture and sell and the trigger probably is like $30 in parts and $50 in development per trigger. Companies are making a killing on these things and while I acknowledge insurance, legal, and other overhead costs there is some serious, serious money being made at the moment. I need to find a niche...we all do. Lets make a Fanatics firearm company to manufacture something. You, me, Reedo, Serbonze, tailo, and maybe one or 2 others. Between us, we should have the knowledge to pull it off technically and business-wise. We just need a product...
I can contribute engineering time...

The worst of all are the free float rails. How hard is it to take a chunk of box steel tubing, throw it into a CNC machine, and let it go? Certainly not $300 worth of time...and especially not when they are made by the thousands.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 12-11-2012 at 10:20 AM.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #659
david05111

Sweet trade in at the gun buy back...too bad it probably was never registered...

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #660
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Sweet trade in at the gun buy back...too bad it probably was never registered...

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html
In glad they refused it from the buy-back program. It would be a shame to melt that down.

Tags
guns, poosay magnets, random, talk