E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #921
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
I went to the range today, took my G19, M&P 9 and CZ75 out. Just a few random thoughts

G19 - my old faithful. This gun has the most rounds down the pipe. Easily 7-8k rounds shot through this thing. It's my carry piece, but lately I've been having trouble shooting it accurately. I'm consistently pushing right (i'm lefty). I know the chart, and what I need to do. However the problem is that I'm having to put so much more additional effort into trigger control. More on this subject with the other guns. All my friends were having trouble shooting the glock well. Compared to the other guns the glock trigger does require more time to become antiquated with. Throw in the fact it was the smallest and lightest gun, the new shooters were gravitating towards the other options on the bench.

CZ75 SP01 - this guy was a little disappointing today. Normally a very reliable gun, I had quite a few stovepipes. Not sure what's going on. Fortunately it's only a range toy. I definitely like shooting this pistol. Light on recoil, ergonomic, and shoots like a laser beam. Asides from the the stovepipes, I love this thing.

M&P 9 - I really really need to spend more time and money on this gun. I have the APEX kit in the gun, and while the reset still isn't as good as the Glock, it's usable. I still did manage to short-stroke the trigger on a controlled pair. We had 2 new shooters and they both felt the MP9 was very user friendly. Even though I spent way more time on my glock, the MP reminds me how important proper ergonomics are on a pistol. I'm able to shoot the MP so much smoother from the start. I tried a semi-rapid fire of 10 rounds at a distance of 7 yards. I wanted to see what the grouping was like. I'd pull the trigger the moment my sight picture came into view and I was shocked that I was looking at a TIGHT 2 inch grouping.

So overall, it was a fun day. I managed to get around 200 rounds downrange, and spend quality time with buddies. I'm definitely sitting here looking over this M&P and thinking of bumping the glock out of my carry rotation in favor of this gun. The ergonomics of this gun make it one helluva shootable pistol, and the ability to shoot at speed so much more easily. For you guys who have both, has anyone felt the same way?
Rush4theYehO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #922
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch330ciTopasBlau View Post
Northtech Defense just came out with their new Upper, my buddy is sponsored by them for shooting competitions and he had some input into the design although I don't know how significant his contribution was. Don't know much about how they compare to the other companies as they're pretty new.

http://northtechdefense.com/
I've heard pretty positive things about NTD. Sounds like they're GTG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
My sister has one and I didn't think it was that bad. PSA actually had them yesterday for like $359, which I thought was an absolute steal. For a really small gun, I have a P938 though
It's a good gun, but just not what I expected. I think maybe I just wanted to like it too much and it didn't live up to my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
My only criticism for the Shield is the super small Safety button.....I don't have an issue with manual safeties, I just think this one is a half ass attempt.

I can never get a consistent disengagement from the draw

Bulky grip actually works for me because I have pretty large hands (usually have to add a Hogue grip to my single stacks)
That safety is kind of nutty. I have conerns about manipulating it under stress. Fortunately it's removeable.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #923
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post

M&P 9 - I really really need to spend more time and money on this gun. I have the APEX kit in the gun, and while the reset still isn't as good as the Glock, it's usable. I still did manage to short-stroke the trigger on a controlled pair. We had 2 new shooters and they both felt the MP9 was very user friendly. Even though I spent way more time on my glock, the MP reminds me how important proper ergonomics are on a pistol. I'm able to shoot the MP so much smoother from the start. I tried a semi-rapid fire of 10 rounds at a distance of 7 yards. I wanted to see what the grouping was like. I'd pull the trigger the moment my sight picture came into view and I was shocked that I was looking at a TIGHT 2 inch grouping.
Do you have the RAM upgrade? If not, I'd highly recommend it.

Glock Armorer

Old 11-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #924
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
I don't. I'll look into it.
Rush4theYehO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #925
Reedo302

Oh boy, I'm gonna get in trouble... Steiner riflescopes are on Promotive now. 40% below MSRP and 32% below MAP. Amazing quality if you haven't seen them.

MUST..
RESIST..
BUYING..
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-12-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 AM   #926
shwagon
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
Random Gun talk Thread..

Deal?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=384844988

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #927
shwagon
OEM ///Member

Ran across this on FB last night

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1389715257.772260.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	542577

Old 01-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #928
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwagon View Post
Ran across this on FB last night

Attachment 542577

definitely file that trigger down for full auto broseph. Totally worth it.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #929
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
brb taking the dremel to my DD
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #930
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #931
Reedo302

Neat!!!!

Glock Armorer

Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 AM   #932
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
Slip 2000 now found on and sold by Amazon, the local places near me didn't carry it last time I looked so I grabbed some Hoppe's.
Picked up a bottle of 725 Cleaner and EWL lubricant.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 03-01-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #933
Reedo302

Just got contacted by a good friend who runs 10-32 Solutions, a training group out of west central Wisconsin. He asked me to come on board as an adjunct instructor, effective this summer. The first course that I'm taking part in is called CCW Response to Active Shooter. Course details TBD, as we're still shoring up the curriculum and equipment. This is going to be part firearms gunfighting, part force-on-force tactics development.

Glock Armorer

Old 03-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #934
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Just got contacted by a good friend who runs 10-32 Solutions, a training group out of west central Wisconsin. He asked me to come on board as an adjunct instructor, effective this summer. The first course that I'm taking part in is called CCW Response to Active Shooter. Course details TBD, as we're still shoring up the curriculum and equipment. This is going to be part firearms gunfighting, part force-on-force tactics development.
Congrats!
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #935
4ngie

My Ride: Chrissspyy
Considering trading my S&W M&P 40c for a Springfield XDS 9. I also have a S&W Sheild 9, so I'm debating whether or not to keep the 40. Thoughts?

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #936
Reedo302

It will cut down on ammo needed when you have all the same caliber. Not a terrible idea, provided that you don't have a need for the 40c. Just make sure you like the XDS before you buy it. Shoot one if you haven't. Just do your due diligence before you make the decision.
Another perspective is that the XDS is the same size as the Shield. The problem is that you now will have two similar guns. If that's what you want, have at it. If you are looking for variety, consider something bigger or smaller. The Kahr CM/PM9 is a great carry pistol that is about as small as it gets while still being reliable. There are other options that are small, like with the Sig 290 or 938, Kimber Solo or Beretta Nano.

Glock Armorer

Old 03-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #937
4ngie

My Ride: Chrissspyy
We currently have to 40's and two 9's in the house, and we live down the street from Georgia Arms, who manufactures ammo which we buy in bulk. Ammo isn't an issue. I'm stuck between the similarities of the 40c and the shield vs the size of the shield and the xds. I honestly can't decide. Hmmph.

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #938
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
FWIW, I've got an XDS .45 that I really love. I was carrying the Nano regularly until my wife got me the XDS. They are both very similar in size, with the XDS having an inch (maybe 1.5?) longer barrel/slide. I prefer shooting .45 to 9mm, so the XDS has become my primary carry, with the Nano only coming out on occasion. I would check out both, though.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #939
shwagon
OEM ///Member

Chick I know... Lol wtf Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1395377218.002632.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	550867