E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
AVRed1
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad

My Ride: Steel Grey ///M
Send a message via AIM to AVRed1 Send a message via Yahoo to AVRed1
My new toy.. AR content

AR57 baby!! That's a 5.7 upper (think P90) on an AR15 lower for those of you who don't know.

Just got it few days ago. The pic is kinda crappy cuz its from my iPhone but you get the gist. And I'm too sleepy to find my camera. Cant wait to shoot this bad boy this weekend.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I've heard several first-hand accounts and even more rumors about the poor reliability of those 5.7mm AR conversions; particularly relating to jamming and improper cycling issues. I've wanted to explore this issue further.

I don't know how much you're going to shoot that thing, given the cost and scarcity of the ammunition. If you do put some serious rounds through it, I'd love to read a report of your experience with it.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
AVRed1
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad

My Ride: Steel Grey ///M
Send a message via AIM to AVRed1 Send a message via Yahoo to AVRed1
The ammo is plentiful not scarce. It's one of the few calibers I can walk into a gun shop and buy off the shelf. $20 for 50 rounds, that's the most I would pay for one box. (40 cents a round) If u buy in bulk you can get it down to about 35-37 cents a round. The blue sporting round has made this caliber quite affordable. As far as reliabilty I haven't heard any of the cycling issues from the owners on calguns. I have heard that improper cycling was a design stumbling block for some companies attempting to design a gun for this round. I plan to put about 100-200 rounds through it Saturday. Guess I'll find out then. I'll give a full report.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
- I want a P90 SBR soooo badly.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ar57