E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
DHNT2005

My Ride: is a money pit.
Quick autodim mirror question!!!!!!!

I'm in the process of purchasing one of these (specifically the m3 oval) autodim mirrors and I wanted to know what color should the mirror be when its not in "autodim" mode? when it dims, what color does it dim to?

There are two mirrors that im choosing from, one that is just the regular mirror color and another that has a yellow tint to it. which one is broken? There is no "fluid ring" forming on any of them. Please help!
DHNT2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
There are several M3 oval mirrors that are on Ebay....you will get most cheap with a blob in the middle. Search the forum for info on the M3 mirror leak. I would not mess with any of the used M3 mirrors unless you personally see it. Never seen any BMW mirror with a yellow tint. A leaking M3 mirror will have a fog looking in the middle. There is a post on here though that gives the address you can mail a M3 mirror back to get the auto tint fixed. Search for it. I still, never figured out why people with a perfect E46 RVM, want to spend additional money on a M3 mirror.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
DHNT2005

My friend who owns an auto wrecking shop has two of em and is willing to sell it for $75. I have both of them in my possession right now. One of the mirror's glass is completely golden yellow, no weird spots. The other is just a regular untinted color. I hope this helps! Pleeeeeeease help me
Old 10-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
DHNT2005

off topic but I finally understand what your euro plate says I feel like a damnn pnes right now for not understanding.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
There are several M3 oval mirrors that are on Ebay....you will get most cheap with a blob in the middle. Search the forum for info on the M3 mirror leak. I would not mess with any of the used M3 mirrors unless you personally see it. Never seen any BMW mirror with a yellow tint. A leaking M3 mirror will have a fog looking in the middle. There is a post on here though that gives the address you can mail a M3 mirror back to get the auto tint fixed. Search for it. I still, never figured out why people with a perfect E46 RVM, want to spend additional money on a M3 mirror.
My so called 'perfect E46 RVM' didn't have auto-dim so I bought an M3 one.

The glass on mine is clear, I've never seen one with a yellow tint.

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Some of the newer mirrors tint bluish green the older dimmers tinted brown-ish like a pespi/coca cola brown tint.

Any yellow or or spotty color fade around the other edge of the mirror is not good.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autodim, dim, mirror, oval, rearview