E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #1081
_Shark

My Ride: '12 MK6 GTI
Send a message via AIM to _Shark
2 years / 30k miles no problems on these

_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #1082
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shark View Post
a year and a half - 15k...no problems either
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #1083
euG!

My Ride: ZHP SALOON
Send a message via AIM to euG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
a year and a half - 15k...no problems either
Ive had mine for about 5k and about 6 mos and no problem with mine, ride quality just sucks

'04 330i ZHP
TiAg/Alcantara
3.46/APEX/KONI/COBY/JAFFSTER
euG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #1084
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
I am not looking to spend a lot on my car as I have other things to pay for and my it will be gone soon. These coilovers are good for a short term or for show. My next car, I am going to keep for a while and it will be an e46. I will not be putting racelands on them not because I dont like them (which I do) but because Im looking for a long lasting name brand kit as I will be heavily modding my next car.

all in all i'd rate these a 7-8 out of 10. These are good coilovers for beginner modders.

See it's comments like this that some new 19 year old forum member reads, & then thinks these no name RL coilovers must be pretty darn good. So he buys them, installs them, and because YOU said they're a 7-8 out of 10 he races around his town until he kills the family of four in the mini van. Now you may think I'm going overboard with the "kills" statement, but lets face reality; it's a proven fact that on a BMW the rear end BOUNCES with RL's installed. A mid level performance car like a BMW can go plenty fast, but now YOU'VE OK'd this fictional 19 y.o. to install SUB STANDARD equipment.

So how in the world can you possibly give RL a 7-8, unless your scale is really to 100 ?

Look everyone: If you can't afford to PAY, then you simply don't PLAY......PERIOD.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!

Last edited by Rob43; 11-18-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #1085
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Quite frankly, I think these coilovers are unsafe. The back end bounces so much with just a little tiny bump in the street. It looks like a Honda Civic that bounces for a 1/4 mile after a bump in the road.

Anyone that says their car handles better with these RL coilovers is an idiot.

Again, a set of lowering springs with OEM shocks will cost much less in the long run if you MUST drop the car.
My car handles much better through sharp turns. Everyone who rides in my car says so.........

I'm not trying to make raceland all high and mighty man.... Being lowered made the turns 1000x better.......

Yes I noticed that the car is slightly more bouncy being in the drivers seat and my friends tell me its really bouncy when they sit in the rear.
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #1086
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
You mean it doesn't roll in the corners?
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #1087
euG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by game-of-stance View Post
My car handles much better through sharp turns. Everyone who rides in my car says so.........

I'm not trying to make raceland all high and mighty man.... Being lowered made the turns 1000x better.......

Yes I noticed that the car is slightly more bouncy being in the drivers seat and my friends tell me its really bouncy when they sit in the rear.
Hey man, when I was your age blown struts and cheap coilovers on my Honda Civic didnt bother me too, I was taking on/off ramps because RACECAR. When you get older you start to care more about function, quality and reliability rather than aesthetics. Its just embarrasing carrying passengers around in a car that feels like a death trap.

'04 330i ZHP
TiAg/Alcantara

Last edited by euG!; 11-18-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #1088
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenebhong View Post
Hey man, when I was your age blown struts and cheap coilovers on my Honda Civic didnt bother me too, I was taking on/off ramps because RACECAR. When you get older you start to care more about function, quality and reliability rather than aesthetics. Its just embarrasing carrying passengers around in a car that feels like a death trap.
It's pointless to argue with you guys

I'm just saying that the car hugs the corners way better now that it is lowered. And it is lowered on racelands. Before on the stock suspension it felt almost like it could tip over going around the same turns that I do now.

I'm not saying that I'm a badass and go really fast around turns and onto on/off ramps. I'm saying when I go on my normal windy roads the car hugs the turns much better and I could go much faster when I want to.

That's all.

I got racelands an i'm very happy with them. No need for $1000 coilovers in my case.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #1089
euG!

Quote:
It's pointless to argue with you guys

I'm just saying that the car hugs the corners way better now that it is lowered. And it is lowered on racelands. Before on the stock suspension it felt almost like it could tip over going around the same turns that I do now.

I'm not saying that I'm a badass and go really fast around turns and onto on/off ramps. I'm saying when I go on my normal windy roads the car hugs the turns much better and I could go much faster when I want to.

That's all.

I got racelands an i'm very happy with them. No need for $1000 coilovers in my case.

Didnt you get your car with over 100k and on its original suspension? and isnt this the first coilover set you threw on your BMW? Maybe its an improvement over your 100k suspension but Raceland is NOT how a BMW is supposed to drive like. Im glad your content with the ride of your car but mine feels like my old honda civic. My car is a 2004 ZHP with only 72k and a 93 rating on Autocheck, no accidents and no cosmetic flaws and and im just upset that I did this to my own car. In no way am I saying my car is better than someone elses, im just saying I wish I hadent taken for granted the quality of my BMW. But luckily suspension is a very easy fix so it'll be back to BMW standards very soon and I wont feel so guilty anymore.

This is a RACELAND Coilover Review thread and this is my review.

'04 330i ZHP
TiAg/Alcantara

Last edited by euG!; 11-18-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #1090
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Didnt you get your car with over 100k and on its original suspension? and isnt this the first coilover set you threw on your BMW? Maybe its an improvement over your 100k suspension but Raceland is NOT how a BMW is supposed to drive like. Im glad your content with the ride of your car but mine feels like my old honda civic. My car is a 2004 ZHP with only 72k and a 93 rating on Autocheck, no accidents and no cosmetic flaws and and im just upset that I did this to my own car. In no way am I saying my car is better than someone elses, im just saying I wish I hadent taken for granted the quality of my BMW. But luckily suspension is a very easy fix so it'll be back to BMW standards very soon and I wont feel so guilty anymore.

This is a RACELAND Coilover Review thread and this is my review.
Fair enough. If you still have the racelands then you could hit them up and say something broke and get your money back? I hear they have phenomenal customer service.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #1091
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Fair enough. If you still have the racelands then you could hit them up and say something broke and get your money back? I hear they have phenomenal customer service.

So now you're proposing Fraud ?

Great advice !

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #1092
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
So now you're proposing Fraud ?

Great advice !
He's not happy with raceland's product. Something could break or maybe something is broken.. :shh:

It's up to him lol
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #1093
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
I thought it was a no questions asked policy for 30 days or something of that nature. Worth a phone call to ask regardless.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #1094
euG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
I thought it was a no questions asked policy for 30 days or something of that nature. Worth a phone call to ask regardless.
Quote:
He's not happy with raceland's product. Something could break or maybe something is broken.. :shh:

It's up to him lol
Quote:
It is no longer a full setup as I got rid of the rear struts. Maybe when they are off my car I can sell them to someone for cheap. Help cover install costs on the new setup or something. LOL.

Hope no hard feelings; I was just frustrated with myself LOL

'04 330i ZHP
TiAg/Alcantara
Old 11-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #1095
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
It is no longer a full setup as I got rid of the rear struts. Maybe when they are off my car I can sell them to someone for cheap. Help cover install costs on the new setup or something. LOL.

Hope no hard feelings; I was just frustrated with myself LOL
I might know someone that would want to buy them if you do sell them. Let me know.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:08 AM   #1096
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
These coilovers aren't all that bad, I've installed a lot of these and they feel a lot better then what I have expected. I
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #1097
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
The problem with a soft, bouncy rear is if you brake hard, you rear will bounce and potentially unsettle the car.

If you have to replace parts that come with the kit...why buy that kit? Then does the kit really cost $300?

1)
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #1098
joez323i

My Ride: 323i
Does anyone know why my front RL setup making clunk noise whenever I hit a bump? Also do you put the rear spring perch on top or at the bottom of the spring? Are they reversible (don't matter bottom or top)?

Last edited by joez323i; 01-13-2012 at 03:16 AM.
joez323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #1099
SC_TR0JAN_M3

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
can't believe people are still buying these things.... makes me think they've never ridden in a proper suspension setup.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #1100
leeezyx3

My Ride: 2001 325i
so i justed ordered my RLs, just to clarify, with the impala endlinks number 18365, i'll be able to adjust as high or low as i want even with aftermarket sways on the stiffest setting? or should i pick up an adjustable link?

Tags
coilovers, ebay, raceland, review