E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #21
E46 S54B32

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs323i View Post
Acader in regards to your post, no you would not get more power with a supercharger i looked and aa and ess are very close they are both around 310 bhp wich is at the crank i believe which would make it around 255 whp. Also those are not upgradeable as i can rebuild my bottom end and turn up the boost and hopefully get around 350-400 whp, also name one person that has done this besides irish mikes racing! Kinda bragging rights for a almost one of a kind thing. Plus when people tell me i can't do something it makes me wanna do it that much more!

correction actually AA new supercharger for the 323 uses the GT7040 and as you can see in the link produces 266 WHP at only 8 psi...daves 328 is pushing out 12 psi soo im sure you can booost the psi a bit more (which i plan on doing next month or so when i install the kit to 9 or 10 psi )
soo just to let you know your 260WHP is nothing that hasent been acheved yet on a FI 323..ohh and they ARE upgradeable to stg 2 which uses alcohol and meth setup

lets see you run a couple quarter mile times an see how you stack up against other cars...like i said above daves 328 ran a 12.9 let see how that turbo does...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=703131

-oem m3 front -oem m3 hood -oem m3 sideskirts-conforti intake -h&r race springs -TR Motorsport C2's -smoked corners/sidemarkers -smoked LED tails-CF CSL trunk-Black roof vinyl

Last edited by E46 S54B32; 10-12-2009 at 01:11 PM.
E46 S54B32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
You can't get 600hp out of that car
with enough resources, yes, he can, with just a turbo, no nitrous

m50tub25 and m52 have made that much crank hp without an issue. A stock m52 with a .140 hg and studs has proven to hold more than 700whp.

With epic head porting, sweet cams, it'll be easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 S54B32 View Post
correction actually AA new supercharger for the 323 uses the GT7040 and as you can see in the link produces 266 WHP at only 8 psi...daves 328 is pushing out 12 psi soo im sure you can booost the psi a bit more (which i plan on doing next month or so when i install the kit to 9 or 10 psi )
soo just to let you know your 260WHP is nothing that hasent been acheved yet on a FI 323..ohh and they ARE upgradeable to stg 2 which uses alcohol and meth setup

lets see you run a couple quarter mile times an see how you stack up against other cars...like i said above daves 328 ran a 12.9 let see how that turbo does...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=703131
David's car is pushing more boost than that...
Also keep in mind that turbo low end and midrange is awesome, after spool. Now, the pectel tuning for e46 m52tu, I think is very pioneering.

Keep in mind that not all drag strips are the same and there's a lot of launching error, etc. David would manage much better quarter times with better tires and an lsd. He more importantly trapped 112mph. Let's more closely keep track of trap speed while talking FI or e46 or e36... as these cars don't launch- and trap speed is a better tell of output.

I support the idea of keeping boost low until getting a built motor, especially if there's any chance your current motor isn't the healthiest critter. I think that it must be timed very, very conservatively,- beyond that, it isn't shameful power for the motor, it is low for that turbo though. I boosted high on stock internals, like so many others, most only do with hgs. At one point, due to a faulty meth controller, in absolute failure (that was backfeeding the MAF) i saw horrifying AFRs... but somehow, and I credit Nick's tuning- I still had a motor. 15.4afr@12psi@6600rpm...somehow my motor survived that

But months later my motor failed, so far in dissection of the beast, I have found a broken chain guide, I think that probably contributed to things. The head is still on, we'll see what's underneath.

Last edited by bluejeansonfire; 10-12-2009 at 01:48 PM.
bluejeansonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #23
E46 S54B32

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
with enough resources, yes, he can, with just a turbo, no nitrous

m50tub25 and m52 have made that much crank hp without an issue. A stock m52 with a .140 hg and studs has proven to hold more than 700whp.

With epic head porting, sweet cams, it'll be easier.

David's car is pushing more boost than that...
Also keep in mind that turbo low end and midrange is awesome, after spool. Now, the pectel tuning for e46 m52tu, I think is very pioneering.

Keep in mind that not all drag strips are the same and there's a lot of launching error, etc. David would manage much better quarter times with better tires and an lsd. He more importantly trapped 112mph. Let's more closely keep track of trap speed while talking FI or e46 or e36... as these cars don't launch- and trap speed is a better tell of output.

I support the idea of keeping boost low until getting a built motor, especially if there's any chance your current motor isn't the healthiest critter. I boosted high on stock internals, like so many others, most only do with hgs. At one point, due to a faulty meth controller, in absolute failure (that was backfeeding the MAF) i saw horrifying AFRs... but somehow, and I credit Nick's tuning- I still had a motor. 15.4afr@12psi@6600rpm...somehow my motor survived that

But months later my motor failed, so far in dissection of the beast, I have found a broken chain guide, I think that probably contributed to things. The head is still on, we'll see what's underneath.
really?? i went last week to active and davids car was there and hes like yea hes boosting 12 psi damn but more than 12 psi on a motor with 212k miles is crazy...goes to show you how strong our engines really are...

-oem m3 front -oem m3 hood -oem m3 sideskirts-conforti intake -h&r race springs -TR Motorsport C2's -smoked corners/sidemarkers -smoked LED tails-CF CSL trunk-Black roof vinyl
E46 S54B32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #24
broach328

My Ride: is 5 in 1.
Send a message via AIM to broach328
i didnt read into details much but what kind of exhaust manifold did you go with and are you using a 38mm wastegate? im interested to hear more specs on the setup and future goals. what exhaust? 3" with muffler? gonna get some new cams? nitrous? meth injection?

(OO==[ll][ll]==OO) > d\OO\(lll)(lll)/OO/b
broach328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
hello all in regards to your post snikwad, it is something that has not been done before as it is a turbo on a 323i not a supercharger i was not refering to the amount of whp it made but rather that it is a 323i with stand alone ecu on a 99 e46 323i which i can almost for certain assure you has not been done before, except irish mikes's racing has one. But it is not a dd it is a race car. Broach here are some specs i am using a 44mm tial waste gate, a dinan free flow exhaust, custom turbo manifold, 550 cc injectors made by rc, a gt 35r turbo a pectel stand alone ecu, all custom turbo piping, custom oil return lines. Tuned by Evosport. Future plans are for upgraded head studs, fullt custom built bottom end, and maybe meth injection. Also i have some pics but i do not have any idea how to post can anyone help?
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #26
broach328

i can. in the bottom of the "quick reply" box, theres a go advanced button. click the little paper clip over to the right of the font. then you can either upload them, or you can embed them by uploading from a url. to upload from a url, put your picture on flickr, photobucket, anything like that. right click on it and copy image location. paste that into the upload from url spot. hope that helps. and yeah if you cam that thing and rebuild the bottom end and meth injection and really put down some whp. but your in my situation. you want to daily drive. so i dont want to boost insanely high and reduce engine life and efficiency.

edit: also one more thing you MUST keep in mind with your car is that subframe issue. if you have not already, i would order the turner motorsports reinforcement kit and have that installed pronto. otherwise at your hp you will tear that thing apart.

Last edited by broach328; 10-12-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #27
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

Quote:
hello all in regards to your post snikwad, it is something that has not been done before as it is a turbo on a 323i not a supercharger i was not refering to the amount of whp it made but rather that it is a 323i with stand alone ecu on a 99 e46 323i which i can almost for certain assure you has not been done before, except irish mikes's racing has one. But it is not a dd it is a race car. Broach here are some specs i am using a 44mm tial waste gate, a dinan free flow exhaust, custom turbo manifold, 550 cc injectors made by rc, a gt 35r turbo a pectel stand alone ecu, all custom turbo piping, custom oil return lines. Tuned by Evosport. Future plans are for upgraded head studs, fullt custom built bottom end, and maybe meth injection. Also i have some pics but i do not have any idea how to post can anyone help?
Mike Flynn does run a pectel and I think it was tuned in the same shop in Cali. But I meant a turbo pectel ms42 application... Mike's is NA ms42

Do you know what kind of exhaust manifold you have?

Last edited by bluejeansonfire; 10-12-2009 at 05:10 PM.
bluejeansonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #28
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
how to post a picture DIY: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=232424
Old 10-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #29
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
subscribed

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #30
e popa

My Ride: M3,Sc323ci,Ml320
in for the pics.
I love playing with the 323

AW M3
Matte Black CSL's,gills & grills
brembos, Dinan exhaust
Alacantra wheel
OEM CSL trunk,VCSL roof,bumper,diffuser
e popa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #31
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
been searching for a turbo kit for my 328i, this is great, cant wait to see pics. bring em on bro..
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #32
I*do*Werke

My Ride: E46 --> E30
in for pics
Old 10-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #33
broach328

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
been searching for a turbo kit for my 328i, this is great, cant wait to see pics. bring em on bro..
theres not too many turbo kits. its better anyways to piece it together and have custom parts made. you will also probably save money versus buying a kit

Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #34
msbhvn

My Ride: Coupe
Quote:
There is an Australian E46 car that has been turbo'd. As it is a show car I am not saying it actually runs but have seen the turbo and manifold on the car.

I have seen a few other turbo'd e46 nonM's around iunternet searches.

Not to rain on your parade, what you have done is very unique all the same.
msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
Eccentricbimmer1

My Ride: e46 325i
Im am in the process of piecing together a custom turbo kit for my 2003 325i. I am not pursuing crazy power because i use it more for an autocrossing car than i do a straight line. The car has everything bolt on as far as upgrades go and has custom tuning to dial it all in. On top of that i have used a 75 dry shot for that little extra kick. Now i want to eliminate the spray for a more consistent boost. I know the stock internals can hold up pretty well. I am only looking to throw 7 or 8 lbs. of boost at it so i am pretty sure it will hold up fine. The hardware i am not really worried about but what should i do for the tuning? Anoyone done this before? Would love feed back!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #36
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricbimmer1 View Post
Im am in the process of piecing together a custom turbo kit for my 2003 325i. I am not pursuing crazy power because i use it more for an autocrossing car than i do a straight line. The car has everything bolt on as far as upgrades go and has custom tuning to dial it all in. On top of that i have used a 75 dry shot for that little extra kick. Now i want to eliminate the spray for a more consistent boost. I know the stock internals can hold up pretty well. I am only looking to throw 7 or 8 lbs. of boost at it so i am pretty sure it will hold up fine. The hardware i am not really worried about but what should i do for the tuning? Anoyone done this before? Would love feed back!
i dunno if your car is ms43 or 45 but i don't think anyone has done this. The only thing i know widely available is the TT kit.

What are your plans for tuning?

Old 11-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #37
Eccentricbimmer1

My Ride: e46 325i
ya i am aware of the tt kit for the 330i. Im not sure about the tuning. that is what i am worried about and i am not going to dare put the kit on without figuring out the programming first. I am looking at trying out a standalone system but i am just not convinced of it. I have been searching all over the internet for someone who knows how i should go about this. But no luck so far
Old 11-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #38
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricbimmer1 View Post
ya i am aware of the tt kit for the 330i. Im not sure about the tuning. that is what i am worried about and i am not going to dare put the kit on without figuring out the programming first. I am looking at trying out a standalone system but i am just not convinced of it. I have been searching all over the internet for someone who knows how i should go about this. But no luck so far
go to the bimmerforums fi section to learn more about standalones that can actually deal with double vanos- and how well it all runs, and how much they love it over the stock dme. I further recommend that you ask Rito, who has an AEM standalone on his m54 about how easy it is to tune or to find someone to tune it. good luck

Old 11-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #39
RAFF112

My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46mike-izzle View Post

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.
RAFF112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #40
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
pics or it didnt happen
This.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote