E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #101
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
i am gonna guess 425, you guys are prolly right tho. And Dilla of course as soon as i have it tuned i am going to pm you and we can meet up there are a couple of other guys that are in MN too that wanna see it finished so when that day comes we can all meet up!
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #102
BimmerDude18

My Ride: 1998 528i
425rwhp is possible, it really depends on how good the headwork is, how much timing the tuner puts in, and how efficient any number of other things on the car are.

1998 528i 5-speed Work in progress
1988 Toyota Pickup (4WD 5-speed) daily
2007 San Marino Blue 350z 6-speed sold
1996 328i 5-speed sold

www.e46nonM.com - www.precision-sport.com - www.flyingwindowtinters.com - www.techniquetuning.com
BimmerDude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #103
ritos530i

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i 6speed
Send a message via MSN to ritos530i Send a message via Yahoo to ritos530i Send a message via Skype™ to ritos530i
Subscribed Can't believe i missed this.

530i E60 Custom Turbo/Nitrous (PSI_unknown)
ritos530i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #104
jacobs323i

Okay i know it has been nearly a month since my last post! SO here is a update, the motor has been rebuilt and put back in. The car has some minor idle issues, to be expected since i have changed quite a bit since the last tune (crank, head, bottom end) So i think it is too late to have the tuner come from cali to re-tune as i live in MN and it is going to be stored here shortly . So i have some down time over the winter to get a few things done, i would like suggestions on a few of my ideas or ideas on what else can be done. Here are mine i would like to install a turbo timer, a zion race radiator, some form of methanol injection (who would u guys go with) upgraded injectors maybe 750 cc, oil cooler (again who's ? ) upgraded fuel pump any ideas? ANyone think of anything else i should do? I have about $8,000 left for this project. Coil packs? My new goal is going to be 550 to the rear wheels on pump (425-450 was the old goal)
Old 08-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #105
jacobs323i

oh other then that the car runs great sounds mean as hell, and can't wait to turn up the boost. I have approx 350 miles on the break in done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #106
blucaller

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs323i View Post
So i think it is too late to have the tuner come from cali to re-tune as i live in MN and it is going to be stored here shortly . So i have some down time over the winter to get a few things done
Ahhh comeon man... just ship it out here.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #107
jacobs323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucaller View Post
Ahhh comeon man... just ship it out here.

lol i have already done that! I won't let my car leave again i just got it back
Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #108
jacobs323i

Pei, bimmer guy, blue jeans calling you guys for help!!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #109
orangeciv

My Ride: 00 323 94 civic 05ex
So this setup made 260 rwhp at 8 psi on a GT35?????? Is there a crap ton of drivetrain power lose in these BMWs. I made 300whp at 8 psi in my civic on a slightly smaller turbo But that's out of a small 1.8liter hmmmmm
orangeciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:49 AM   #110
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Pei, bimmer guy, blue jeans calling you guys for help!!!!!
What do you need help with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeciv View Post
So this setup made 260 rwhp at 8 psi on a GT35?????? Is there a crap ton of drivetrain power lose in these BMWs. I made 300whp at 8 psi in my civic on a slightly smaller turbo But that's out of a small 1.8liter hmmmmm
There is a big difference between HP and Torque. I'm betting the BWM made more torque, but didn't rev nearly as high as the Honda.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #111
jacobs323i

Quote:
Okay i know it has been nearly a month since my last post! SO here is a update, the motor has been rebuilt and put back in. The car has some minor idle issues, to be expected since i have changed quite a bit since the last tune (crank, head, bottom end) So i think it is too late to have the tuner come from cali to re-tune as i live in MN and it is going to be stored here shortly . So i have some down time over the winter to get a few things done, i would like suggestions on a few of my ideas or ideas on what else can be done. Here are mine i would like to install a turbo timer, a zion race radiator, some form of methanol injection (who would u guys go with) upgraded injectors maybe 750 cc, oil cooler (again who's ? ) upgraded fuel pump any ideas? ANyone think of anything else i should do? I have about $8,000 left for this project. Coil packs? My new goal is going to be 550 to the rear wheels on pump (425-450 was the old goal)
this pei
Old 09-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #112
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

Quote:
Forget the turbo timer.

FJO has a new meth injection system worth buying.

VAC oil distribution block + cooling kit. The complete package includes the cooler, lines, filter, and fittings.

Zionsville radiator is a good idea with this power level

Injectors: Not sure how big you have now, you'll need to confirm with your tuner what you need.

If the coil packs are good, don't worry about them.

Fuel system: Can be big $$$$. I would run a Bosch 044 in the tank, -6 lines, and something like an Aeromotive A-1006 regulator. You can easily spend $2k on this, but it's worth it.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #113
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
Forget the turbo timer.

FJO has a new meth injection system worth buying.

VAC oil distribution block + cooling kit. The complete package includes the cooler, lines, filter, and fittings.

Zionsville radiator is a good idea with this power level

Injectors: Not sure how big you have now, you'll need to confirm with your tuner what you need.

If the coil packs are good, don't worry about them.

Fuel system: Can be big $$$$. I would run a Bosch 044 in the tank, -6 lines, and something like an Aeromotive A-1006 regulator. You can easily spend $2k on this, but it's worth it.
I'm doing the FJO. I havent run the car with it, but the purchase was the yield of much research.
I agree on the zionsville, I'm thinking about doing it myself.

I'd like to know what turbo manifold you're running, charge pipe sizing, bov placement, compression ratio, cam specs...
...really share more with us regarding your setup, I think it'll give us a better sense of which direction is up

it's funny, pei just gave you a pretty good run down on what i've done with my car... with the exception of that radiator, I need to buy that thing.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #114
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
it's funny, pei just gave you a pretty good run down on what i've done with my car... with the exception of that radiator, I need to buy that thing.
You set a great example...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #115
jacobs323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
I'm doing the FJO. I havent run the car with it, but the purchase was the yield of much research.
I agree on the zionsville, I'm thinking about doing it myself.

I'd like to know what turbo manifold you're running, charge pipe sizing, bov placement, compression ratio, cam specs...
...really share more with us regarding your setup, I think it'll give us a better sense of which direction is up

i am not familiar with fjo? I am running the stock manifold, charge pipe size is 3", bov is close to intake manifold about 6 inches away. i will check on compression, cams are stock. How about a kaaz lsd, or a 6 speed swap.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #116
jacobs323i

compression is 8.5:1
Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #117
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:
i am not familiar with fjo? I am running the stock manifold, charge pipe size is 3", bov is close to intake manifold about 6 inches away. i will check on compression, cams are stock. How about a kaaz lsd, or a 6 speed swap.
...your exhaust manifold is not stock

...charge pipe is 3" from the turbo to the throttle body?

your turbo is a gt3582r t3 .82 a/r?

a lsd is a good idea, but unless you want to buy my kaaz, i dont think a standard kaaz is a good call. Maybe a kaaz superq or os giken.

Last edited by bluejeansonfire; 10-30-2010 at 06:05 PM.
bluejeansonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #118
jacobs323i

sorry i thought you meant intake side, no my exhaust side is all custom. in terms of charge pipe i thought you meant diameter of pipe, i am not sure on this, my guess would be 2 feet. turbo is correct as you state. What is your reasoning on those lsd set ups, one versus the other?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #119
jacobs323i

how about turbo cams? would it make a big difference having turbo cams?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #120
///Flash
Banned

My Ride: a donkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
This is my own view on the topic, so please understand it is an opinion based loosely on my own experience and second hand information. I haven't done stress testing myself, so I don't have a solid answer.

I am told that when the block is overheated, the alloy softens. I confirmed with a number of professional race teams what this value was, and they all seem to agree that anything in the 240 degree area with regard to water temps was really bad.
Is this in fahrenheit or celsius?
///Flash is offline   Reply With Quote