E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #61
CortinaD

My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worx View Post
Castrol SRF brake fluid. RRP 165.00 Selling for 135.00

This is the best stuff
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #62
1q2w3e4r

My Ride: Madone, Beetle
I like Motul, awesome fluid. Currently using ATE Super Blue which I'm going to swap out, the Castrol stuff is supposed to be up there as well. Good price, cheaper than Motul (not as good) but more expensive than ATE from memory.

Anyone doing track days or hard driving should jump on it and pick up some pads *cough* pagids *cough

|| 0-60 3.3| 60-130 7.1| 1/4 11.054@ 132.89 ||

Check out my movies

1q2w3e4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #63
CortinaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I like Motul, awesome fluid. Currently using ATE Super Blue which I'm going to swap out, the Castrol stuff is supposed to be up there as well. Good price, cheaper than Motul (not as good) but more expensive than ATE from memory.

Anyone doing track days or hard driving should jump on it and pick up some pads *cough* pagids *cough
I'm running the Ferodo DS3000

What Motul are you running? The SRF runs rings around the RBF600 & RBF660 as far as I am concerned for performance and consistent pedal feel after a day at our local track.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:09 AM   #64
ASSAIL

My Ride: E46 328, Jza80 Supra
Whilst the srf is comparable to rbf600 in terms of dry boiling point. 310 deg celcuis

the wet boiling point (in deg celcuis) is a fair bit higher. 270 SRF vs 214 RBF 600

So the SRF is better, and i think it resists water absorbtion more than the RBF600 too. So for street driving u need to change ur fluid less frequently. (kinda good when its just over $100 a litre)

that said ive got RBF600 in the supra now. Ill change to Castrol next time though probably
Old 03-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #65
TAAXED

My Ride: E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
I'm running the Ferodo DS3000

What Motul are you running? The SRF runs rings around the RBF600 & RBF660 as far as I am concerned for performance and consistent pedal feel after a day at our local track.
Nice bottle of SRF Stephen! I wonder who took the other bottle haha

Dwayne, how long have you been using the DS3000s on the road? I used to just leave them in my car but they squeal way too much in warmish weather or after a few stops...

Have you heard about Solid brake guides? They're meant to significantly reduce the squealing from track pads to manageable levels for street driving...

http://store.bimmerworld.com/solid-brake-guide-p46.aspx

I'm planning to go back to a more hardcore pad with these and also some titanium backing plates!!
TAAXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:05 AM   #66
CortinaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAAXED View Post
Nice bottle of SRF Stephen! I wonder who took the other bottle haha

Dwayne, how long have you been using the DS3000s on the road? I used to just leave them in my car but they squeal way too much in warmish weather or after a few stops...

Have you heard about Solid brake guides? They're meant to significantly reduce the squealing from track pads to manageable levels for street driving...

http://store.bimmerworld.com/solid-brake-guide-p46.aspx

I'm planning to go back to a more hardcore pad with these and also some titanium backing plates!!
Running for 1.5 weeks now. Besides road trips a few times a year and half a dozen track days a year, the BMW would be lucky to see 40km a month on the road so having it sound like a HQ holden when I put the brakes on doesn't worry me too much.

Having said that, when I get 30 minutes the wheels are coming off and the OEM's are going back in so I don't waste the pads.

Keen to hear what you think of them when you get them in.

Last edited by CortinaD; 03-15-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:14 AM   #67
Worx
Euro tuner

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
Running for 1.5 weeks now. Besides road trips a few times a year and half a dozen track days a year, the BMW would be lucky to see 40km a month on the road so having it sound like a HQ holden when I put the breaks on doesn't worry me too much.

Having said that, when I get 30 minutes the wheels are coming off and the OEM's are going back in so I don't waste the pads.

Keen to hear what you think of them when you get them in.
HQ FTW! but it does not make noise. Or stop for that matter

Tel: 9387-4440
Web: www.worxauto.com.au
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/WorxAutomotive
Worx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e46, parts, worx, worx automotive