E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #201
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
This is a red E92 BMW 328i coupe that I vinyl wrapped the window trim in my matte black material and also tinted/smoked his tail lights with my film. The blacked out window trim really toned down the strong contrast between the bright red and bright chrome. We also decided to go with tinting the whole tail light to give it a consistent finish across the whole tail light, versus just doing the red or white part only. The owner of this car was out in the Fontana/Inland Empire area. As you can also see, everything is done seamlessly, all as a single piece.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #202
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a silver Honda Accord sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. You may notice, I actually have already posted pictures of this car before. I originally vinyl wrapped the roof of this car about 8-12 months ago. However, the owner of this car asked me if I could also tint/smoke his tail lights. So I decided to take this time to also take pictures of his roof again, to show progress reports of how well my material holds up, after being on the car for almost a year already. You'll see in the pictures, the roof is practically perfectly smooth like paint. Everything settled in quite nicely, and the results are awesome. It even really impressed me, haha. Interestingly enough, I tinted his tail lights for him at the end if one of their eibach meets/shows, since I was already in the area.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #203
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Haven't posted pictures of matte black roofs in a while, so I figure I'd post this one up. This is a white Subaru that I vinyl wrapped the roof in with my matte black material. Not a lot of cars can pull off the matte look, but I think this Subaru was able to do it fairly well. Usually you want a car that's a bit more aggressively modded/styled if you're going to go with something like a matte black roof. If not, usually other matte black accents would go well with a matte black roof as well. Typically, if you send me pictures of your car, I can determine what would look best on your car, in my opinion and based on the amount of cars I've seen or worked on. The owner of this car was out near in the Fontana area or something like that.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-23-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #204
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a somewhat more recent BMW E46 328i sedan that I recently did some work on. I vinyl wrapped the roof of this car in my gloss black material. I believe the owner of this car was from around the Cerritos/Long Beach area and came out to my shop in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap done for his roof. We decided to go with the gloss black to give it that panoramic look and kind of update the look of the older aging car. The roof was beginning to fade, so with the vinyl on there, it'll end up help protecting whatever is left of the paint underneath it and at the same time give the roof a new/fresh finish to look at. I wanted to post pictures of this car, to show even on a more stock looking car, a gloss black roof is still a nice mod/addition.

Before:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #205
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
if you have any social group buy/install days let me know I'm in ..

speaking of it you actually should do that!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #206
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

What were you looking to get done? Been fairly busy, not sure if I can host a GB at the moment.

Been blacking out quite a few window trims lately, to give it that shadow trim look. Here's pictures of an alpine white BMW E46 330(?) of a member on here. We decided to go with my matte black vinyl material for the window trim on his car. It matched the wheels and theme of the car fairly well. Really toned down the bright chrome, even on this alpine white E46.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #207
Steven747

hopefully trying to get my roof wrapped but looking for a discounted price maybe with a group of guys if anyone in south oc id down
Old 09-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #208
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Get two other cars together, and I'll give you guys a deal.

-Don
Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #209
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
Get two other cars together, and I'll give you guys a deal.

-Don
ok I'm on it
Old 10-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #210
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Could you wrap a rear spoiler (that's off the car). PM me price. I can send a pic if you'd like.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #211
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Been a while since I posted some pictures of the 3M di-noc material wrapped on a roof, so here are some pictures of a white BMW E90 335i sedan that I did the roof with the 3M di noc material. I tried taking a bit more detailed pictures this time around to show you guys more close ups of the roof, to show you the quality of all of my installs. No paint is showing anywhere and all of the weaves are perfectly straight, etc. Pictures will also give you an idea of what the 3M di noc vinyl material would look like on a car that's mildly modified. This car only had wheels with black centers/polished lip. Everything else was still stock at the time of these pictures if I can recall correctly. The owner of this car was out near the Huntington Beach area I believe, and came out to me at my shop in Anaheim Hills to have the roof vinyl wrapped.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #212
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
Could you wrap a rear spoiler (that's off the car). PM me price. I can send a pic if you'd like.
Yes, send me pictures if possible. I need to see what the spoiler looks like.

-Don
Old 10-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #213
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
Yes, send me pictures if possible. I need to see what the spoiler looks like.

-Don
OK. PM'd. Thanks.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #214
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here's a return customer. I actually tinted/smoked his tail lights with my material probably a year ago. However, he somewhat recently had someone reverse into him in a parking lot and broke/cracked his driver side tail light. So he asked me if I could redo that one side for him. Of course, I told him to drop by and we'd get it done for his car. The passenger side tail light is the original one that I had done about a year ago. I took some more detailed/close up pictures of that side more to show you guys how well the material and installation has held up. The owner of this car was also from Irvine, but drove out to me from his school out in Riverside that day to get it done.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #215
Steven747

nice work man
Old 10-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #216
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Just wanted to make a quick note for all of the local guys. I am not usually open on the weekends, but I will be having a open house type of event tomorrow. A bit of a short notice, but in case anyone was interested in coming by that don't normally have time during the weekdays to come out to me to have it done, this is your chance.

As much as I work on BMWs and Euro cars, I still also do get other manufacturers and makes that come by to get their roof vinyl wrapped or other vinyl related work done as well. Here's a white Honda Civic SI that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. The owner of this car was around the Garden Grove/Orange County area, and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get his roof wrapped. Decided to go with the gloss black vinyl finish over the matte black vinyl finish for his car, to give it a more factory/clean look.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #217
CHEEKSx36

My Ride: E46 330ci
Can you PM me the price for the black window trim for a E46 coupe?
CHEEKSx36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #218
Steven747

don i loved your taillight tint while i had it but unfortunately i got a ticket for it yesterday and he marked it uncorectable so I'm going to have to get it fixed then reinstalled by you with some roof vinyl done to. can you post pics of the difference of matte black and glossy black on a e46. glossy is just shinier ?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #219
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Yes. Gloss is shinier and matte is not as shiney, that is the only difference.

-Don
Old 10-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #220
Steven747

damm that cf roof does look sexy to I'm going to have to look into that also