E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #41
mvrboy

My Ride: M
Quote:
Originally Posted by iftwb View Post
None, if I can afford one ... maybe I'll buy one when I'm older. None of its range appeals to me atm and wearing a $20,000+ watch, I could have bought a car with it. =[

To each his own though. Post some pictures of your Rolex, would love to see the whole Rolex package and not just the watch. For some odd reason, I love the whole package about watches.
I have no idea why any person owning a legitimate watch would need to post pictures of a watch as a whole package...

I will post some pics especially for you of it and it's box/papers etc but I will not disclose serial. I have had my day date since 2005 October as i bought it the day after my birthday whilst in las Vegas.
mvrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #42
1q2w3e4r

My Ride: Madone, Beetle
Think he's more talking about the box, cards, documents etc that come with watch purchases rather than anything else

|| 0-60 3.3| 60-130 7.1| 1/4 11.054@ 132.89 ||

Check out my movies

1q2w3e4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #43
mvrboy

I lost the box for my monaco and my president when we moved to our new home. I only have my papers for each watch which authenticate them.

Booklets etc you can buy on bloody ebay, a verification paper you cannot... I am using my wifes datejust box temporarily until Rolex Melbourne contact me with the other items, this is all I have.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
iftwb

My Ride: E46 320i + E60 530i
Send a message via MSN to iftwb
LOL mvrboy I hope none of my sentences didn't come off bad. But thanks for doing that, but you didn't have to write my name in it and label as evidence its yours. Any image will do! I just wanted to see some of said watches for sake of seeing them, not for sake of proving ownership to one. But you've obviously put the money where your mouth is and all I can say is, beautiful watch! I'm assuming your middle-aged, hence why gold appeals to you? I could never wear gold, but white gold, oh yeahhh.

By the way, I meant I like looking at the entire package, which includes the box, documentation, manuals, booklets etc. It's those shots that are the money shots when it comes to watches. It's like when I buy new computer parts, I like the whole package look.

Out of curiosity, what makes Rolex so expensive? You mentioned the movement, what is so special about the movement? Can watches differentiate that much in technology. We all know the markup prices of BMW, Mercedes-Benz and other German cars in Australia is ridiculous when there is no real solid, conclusive reason why they should be more expensive than Japanese cars; so can they same question be applied to different watch brands?

Because when I got my first Tag Heuer Carrera, I always found the movement technical enough:

But now I've got my Grand Carrera, and couldn't be happier. =]

Last edited by iftwb; 11-01-2009 at 10:39 PM.
iftwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #45
AC88

My Ride: BMW 330cic
nice one mvrboy

now iftwb ... .. .
Old 11-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #46
mvrboy

It wasnt intended to stick it up you, just to verify date etc. I guess I was a little upset at thinking you and others may not believe the hobby I have. I like cars and watches (jewellery), cant help it. I like to collect.

I am 28. I love gold, my wife is a white gold enthusiast and I am a yellow gold man. Grew up with my uncle and father wearing vast amounts of YG i.e chains, bracelets and watches, guess thats where it comes from, and no I am not italian or asian.

If anyone is interested in some pre owned watches let me know. I have a Tag basic model, cant remember what its called. Silver with silver dial. A couple of Gucci's one in gold the other in stainless steel. I dont wear them so if anyone wants a bargain, let me know.

Cheers
Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #47
1q2w3e4r

No need to explain

What's in the car collection?

Check out my movies

Old 11-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #48
Vuey

My Ride: 02 E46 325ci
hey mvrboy , is that a Bvlgari Zero ring your wearing ?
Vuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #49
iftwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC88 View Post
nice one mvrboy

now iftwb ... .. .

Read the posts again...no harm intended. mrvboy read it wrong and 1q2w3e4r picked it up what I was trying to say.

Go figure.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #50
AC88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrboy View Post
If anyone is interested in some pre owned watches let me know. I have a Tag basic model, cant remember what its called. Silver with silver dial. A couple of Gucci's one in gold the other in stainless steel. I dont wear them so if anyone wants a bargain, let me know.

Cheers
I was thinking about getting a used TAG for my nephew's 16th. Let me know the model and may be a pic?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #51
iftwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrboy View Post
It wasnt intended to stick it up you, just to verify date etc. I guess I was a little upset at thinking you and others may not believe the hobby I have. I like cars and watches (jewellery), cant help it. I like to collect.
No worries, didn't mean any harm or saying I don't believe you. No point going and attacking others for proof. You have a Rolex. Rolex = Epic, some pictures are awesome to see, irregardless if I can go search on Google for similar pictures.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #52
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3 Convert
i dont wear a watch

i use the sun and the stars to tell the time
Sam_Micropak_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #53
AC88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
I sent mine of to tag HQ st kilda road - new batterty and fixed my crown
oh thanks, i didn't even know there is a tag hq on St Kilda Rd and i am on St kilda rd.

Do you remember how much it was?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #54
1q2w3e4r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Micropak_AU View Post
i dont wear a watch

I wear one.

Purely to find north though.

Check out my movies

Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #55
iftwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Micropak_AU View Post
i dont wear a watch

A watch enthusiast nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC88 View Post
I was thinking about getting a used TAG for my nephew's 16th. Let me know the model and may be a pic?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #56
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_DU View Post
Yep - usually a baller ( like Dwayne ) who has an expensive watch has many other prestige items. Dwayne is such a fvcking baller.
Dwayne is so baller, he drove down to Melbourne on a red chincello furr carpet, lined with pink jewel encrusted diamonds and where the road reflectors were numerous pateks
Old 11-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #57
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iftwb View Post

A watch enthusiast nightmare.

twas a joke

im not baller enough to list my watch collection on the interwebs
Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #58
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Purely to find north though.
i use opposing magnets

they're on my gold bullion keychain
Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #59
mvrboy

Currently only the E46 M3. I have pulled away from cars as I go to far with them, I find it hard to draw the line. As you may have seen, I modify them. This time I made a decision to pull back and not do a transformation. Speaking of transformation, I order Transformers 2, bloody ezydvd, copy hasnt turned up yet.

I used to own mostly *** cars. R32, R33, R34 GTR's and my 01 M3 back in the day was my daily which was passed on to the wife (she hated it after a while so I had to get her another BMW). I stopped as I poured too much money in to them and just grew up I guess. Now I just try to control myself with bloody watches. I dont know what it is with them, I just love them.

iftwb - Rolex watches are hand built in a step by step process. The parts of the watch are greater than 100 individual parts. They are of extreme high quality, they do yellow gold, rose gold, platinum, white gold and stupidly high grade stainless steel (904L), they have one of the best records of keeping time and not falling out of time. They are heavily controlled with security measures i.e theft, aftermarket parts and counterfeit. If you call Rolex they will not tell you anything about any watch, they will ask you to send it in with your full details. Each individual piece from rolex is traceable as they have multiple unique codes and very strict placement of codes and fonts in and outside the watch, hence why i dont wish to display mine. Basically it really is a rather anal institution but they do the greatest level of work and A1 service. All their parts are made in house and not contracted outside of the headquarters. The hairspring is the most unique item as it is what makes the watch movement work continually with minimal movement of your wrist. Very very unique watches, hence why I said like an exotic...

I will post up some youtubes for you to look at.

Last edited by mvrboy; 11-01-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #60
mvrboy

I will take some pics of it. I was bought it as an 18th birthday present via my mother. I honestly dont wear it. Wore it for about 2 years. Nice watch though.