E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #41
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
You're fine. No federal or local laws are being broken. At best, you might be breaking the terms of your lease, depending how you read it. Keep it there and carry as you would on any other private property which posts "no firearms permitted" signs.
lol, those signs CRACK ME UP...

I always "high five" them when I walk past them and I'm armed.
Like they are going to do anything to stop me from carrying

Pointless and useless signs they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #42
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post

Honestly, unless they are at eye level on a door as I walk through, I don't even see them anymore. Usually if someone makes a comment about them (and typically these are not people that know that I carry) then I take a moment to explain how those signs are effectively worthless and don't mean a dang thing.

I never tell anyone I'm carrying, except my family knows to assume I always have one on me.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #43
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
You're fine. No federal or local laws are being broken. At best, you might be breaking the terms of your lease, depending how you read it. Keep it there and carry as you would on any other private property which posts "no firearms permitted" signs.
Quote:

Quote:
Honestly, unless they are at eye level on a door as I walk through, I don't even see them anymore. Usually if someone makes a comment about them (and typically these are not people that know that I carry) then I take a moment to explain how those signs are effectively worthless and don't mean a dang thing.

I never tell anyone I'm carrying, except my family knows to assume I always have one on me.
In the state of florida, it is illegal to carry a weapon if a sign is posted even if you have your license. its the same as a govt building.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #44
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
like hospitals
Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #45
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Ouch, that sucks. In Missouri, those signs don't mean squat, which is quite nice.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #46
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
In the state of florida, it is illegal to carry a weapon if a sign is posted even if you have your license. its the same as a govt building.

Just don't "see" the sign

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #47
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
ignorance rarely works in the courtroom
Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #48
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post

Private property the same as federal?

Link me to this please

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #49
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

EDIT: Glock

per FL statute . You can carry and those signs don't mean squat. If you are discovered carrying (or really for any reason the owner decided) and told to leave private property (Place of business, the mall, etc.) you can be arrest for trespassing and a 3rd degree felony.

Just ignore the signs, and leave if asked.

IMHO: I wouldn't want to visit/shop anywhere guns WEREN'T permitted.

Quote:
790.06 (12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Quote:
In some situations, business owners post signs that appear to prohibit guns, but because the signs do not meet State or local law defining the appearance, placement, or verbiage of the sign, the sign does not carry the force of law and a permit holder can legally ignore it.

In Texas, for example, the specifications of a Section 30.06 sign prohibiting concealed carry are clearly defined, and only a sign meeting the specifications carries the force of the section. A sign, for example, that depicts the silhouette of a gun with a red circle and slash (similar to other signs prohibiting an action), that simply says "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED", is too small, has incorrect text, is printed only in English or Spanish and not both languages, or is not placed prominently can technically be ignored as it doesn't fulfill the requirements to ban permit holders from carrying concealed. Many of these points of law have yet to be tested in court, but such is explicitly taught by the state licensed concealed carry instructors.

Conversely, the intent of posting such a sign may only be to discourage entry while carrying by those unfamiliar with the law, which (almost by definition) typically includes only those not licensed to carry concealed handguns. Because a licensee is trained to recognize a valid sign and differentiate it from a non-binding sign (in some states, Florida for example provides no such training on sign posting, wording, or size regulations), posting an invalid sign for this purpose serves as a form of doublespeak, reassuring patrons who oppose concealed carry while at the same time not actually prohibiting concealed carry.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-gun-laws.html

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/...rearms-signs-/

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 11-05-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #50
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:

QFT
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote