E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #221
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
I've heard both, apparently he was diagnosed with pneumothorax. I'm not a doctor, but I'm assuming the fractured rib punctured the lung, causing the collapse... which is what I've read causes pneumothrax
I believe that comes after the fact. A collapsed lung is not an instant or certain outcome of a fractured rib / punctured lung but something that has the potential to occur as a result there of.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #222
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I believe that comes after the fact. A collapsed lung is not an instant or certain outcome of a fractured rib / punctured lung but something that has the potential to occur as a result there of.
Either way... you gotta admit that was very Un-Romo like for him to come back in and take over the team despite all that... I hope we get this Romo for the rest of the season

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #223
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Esiason: NFL should investigate who cleared Romo to play

NFL players can be their own worst enemies when it comes to playing with serious injuries, says Boomer Esiason. The NFL should investigate how injured Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo was medically cleared to play with a fractured rib and punctured lung against San Francisco 49ers Sunday, he says.

USA TODAY caught up with the CBS and MSG Network analyst as he and WFAN radio partner Craig Carton celebrated the one-year anniversary of their "Boomer & Carton" show on MSG in New York Wednesday night.

We asked the former Cincinnati Bengals QB, and 1988 NFL MVP, about a number of topics, including Romo's gutsy comeback and whether the New York Giants faked injuries against the St. Louis Rams Monday night:

You've indicated on MSG/WFAN you don't think the Cowboys did the right thing with Romo. Explain.

I thought we were supposed to have people on the sideline that were supposed to protect the players from themselves. Because we are our own worst enemy. Case in point, Tony Romo comes to New York, loses the opening night game, throws an interception. All week long, the NFL Network is running a question, 'Is Tony Romo a choker?' The NFL Network of all places. Everybody's got an opinion on Tony Romo. Everybody wants to put pressure on him. He's not the big-time QB, he's not Troy Aikman, he's not Roger Staubach, I get all that. But that fueled Tony Romo in my estimation on Sunday. He may deny it. But if you have never walked a mile in a man's shoes then you shouldn't comment. Well, I have walked a mile in the man's shoes. I know the insecurities of every player. I know he probably feels in the back of his mind, 'What are they going to write about me now if I don't show up on the field?' Now, he has a punctured lung and two fractured ribs. What the hell are the Cowboys doctors doing? Are you allowed to play with a punctured lung, a collapsed lung, broken ribs? Is that what the NFL is now? Or do we actually care about the players? Or is it all just lip service? I think (NFL Commissioner) Roger Goodell has got to look at that particular situation very seriously. The reason I say that is, again, we as players are our own worst enemies and somebody has to protect us from ourselves. So the players who retire 20 years from now are not like the players who retired 30-40 years ago. These are the injuries that sustain. They last with you. They pop up. Then you have to go before some arbitration board to say you need money, because you need rehabilitation and you need help, and you can't get it, because they're saying it probably happened after you played. I mean, it's asinine.

Are you saying the NFL should stop the Cowboys from playing Romo against the Washington Redskins Monday night?

No, I'm saying the league office should investigate the medical opinions of the doctors on the sideline as to why Tony Romo was allowed to take a numbing shot, if in in fact he did, and then go back in the game. I hear all this lip service about how we have to take care of the players. We have to move the kickoff up, we have to limit the amount of high-speed collisions, we can't hit the QB any more. And yet we have a guy who has two cracked ribs, a punctured lung, and we're going to shoot him up with a numbing agent and put him back in the game? There's something inherently wrong with that...You can make that your headline: 'Why the hell isn't the NFL investigating how Tony Romo got back on the field? And why are we glorifying it? Why are we now saying Tony Romo's the greatest QB of all time because he showed toughness? That mindset is supposedly what the NFLPA and the NFL are trying to get away from it. Yet here we are glorifying it after the fact. You can't have it both ways.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...oger-goodell/1
Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #224
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Thoughts?
Romo is still a pvssy

Jk...Booomer makes a good point.

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #225
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
Romo is still a pvssy

Especially Redskins haters.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #226
ThaHooch

Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #227
joeski3d

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #228
ThaHooch

Old 09-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #229
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Cool article.

Quote:
Cowboys and Redskins: Hail Victory!

A look back at the Dallas-Washington rivalry

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...9/hail-victory

Quote:
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #230
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Romo is SOOOOOO legit!

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #231
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Lets go Boys!!!!!
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #232
joeski3d

OMFG get a new CENTER! Aside from that, good game Cowboys! Way to play Romo! Cowboys showed the Skins who's boss in spite of the wtf snap x4 plays.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #233
joeski3d

Quote:
Romo is SOOOOOO legit!
But the haters are gonna hate.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #234
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Heartattack avoided... I'm getting to old for this sh!t
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #235
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

OK, centers gotttttzzzz to goosss

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #236
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
DUMP COSTA NOW! I wish that fvck was still on the injury list! What an assh0le! And Smith letting people right through to hit Romo... respect on that one play though, Skins player had a chance to LEVEL Romo, but didn't.

Holder for the Skins really fvcked up that field goal... so much time to block it.

Overall very neck and neck game, I think everyone expected that... way too many field goals for my liking, but a win is a win.

TONY ROMO IS A CHAMP

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #237
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
DUMP COSTA NOW! I wish that fvck was still on the injury list! What an assh0le! And Smith letting people right through to hit Romo... respect on that one play though, Skins player had a chance to LEVEL Romo, but didn't.

Holder for the Skins really fvcked up that field goal... so much time to block it.

Overall very neck and neck game, I think everyone expected that... way too many field goals for my liking, but a win is a win.

TONY ROMO IS A CHAMP
This.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #238
joeski3d

I, for one, am rather amused to see the Eagles sitting at the bottom of the NFC East. I hope it stays that way for a few years.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #239
msu07

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Watch out my 3-0 Lions are coming to town and Suh is going to put a hurtin' on Romo.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #240
joeski3d

The Lions may be 3 -0 but I'm just not a believer. They beat the Bucks, the Chiefs and the Vikings. None of which are exactly prime examples of football dominance this year.

Ballbusters Inc.