E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.88 average.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #1201
alx.325i

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior2005 View Post
Big thread! I'd like to do this. 2005 e46 coupe. iPhone 5.

So could I purchase the connects2 ctppar007 and a later model parrot kit to make it work for phone and music? Is the DIY any different for that? If that would work, could someone link me to an appropriate Parrot kit?

Thanks
the CTPPAR007 is only compatible with the CK3000 evo, i almost bought a ck3100 until i did some quick research and found it was not comptble with it. If you go with the ck3000 evo, make sure you get it with the most updated firmware, 5.25, or you will not be able to pair with android phones.
alx.325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #1202
warrior2005

My Ride: 05 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by alx.325i View Post
the CTPPAR007 is only compatible with the CK3000 evo, i almost bought a ck3100 until i did some quick research and found it was not comptble with it. If you go with the ck3000 evo, make sure you get it with the most updated firmware, 5.25, or you will not be able to pair with android phones.
Good to know. Thanks.

Can I manipulate this DIY to have the bluetooth work for phone and music?

It looks like I'll need to read through more of this thread when I've got time.

Last edited by warrior2005; 03-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.
warrior2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #1203
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
Just browse parrot.com and see which one you'd want to install.... You might need to also buy a different steering wheel interface such as the ctpparr008 (from memory) that connects to the newer parrot box. Best to use parrot.com and connects2.com to match it all up.

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #1204
Maltisimo

My Ride: e46 ZHP
Hey guys so I'm looking to somehow combine this bluetooth phone feature along with my tablet install. I noticed the mki9200 comes with a screen/gui. I guess I'm looking for that integrated into an application?? Ballistic you mentioned using the Nexus 7 bluetooth. Before you said it I didn't think it would be possible but it makes sense. Nexus does have a voice recognition so0o0o why not right? But Would the concept of a phone/bluetooth/tablet work?

I'm just looking to get the wheels turning so I know the right questions to ask and potential pitfalls to avoid. Anyone have any experience with such a thing? If so any input would be appreciated.

http://www.bmdroid.co.nz/
This is the tablet/infotainment system I'll be doing I'm sure much of you have heard about.
Maltisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #1205
Chum

My Ride: OB Facelift E46
I just purchased the Connects2 and Parrot CK3000 Evolution second hand, but I didn't realise that the actual bluetooth controller was not included.

Will the rest of the kit work with out the small control knob thing?
Chum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #1206
steve.325i

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum View Post
I just purchased the Connects2 and Parrot CK3000 Evolution second hand, but I didn't realise that the actual bluetooth controller was not included.

Will the rest of the kit work with out the small control knob thing?
It will work without the controller but I'm not sure if you will be able to reset the parrot without it.

I don't have the connect2 in my setup so I can't answer for sure.

I have an extra controller I can send to you if you find you need one.
steve.325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #1207
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.325i View Post
It will work without the controller but I'm not sure if you will be able to reset the parrot without it.

I don't have the connect2 in my setup so I can't answer for sure.

I have an extra controller I can send to you if you find you need one.
Steve is right...
The Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth controller is ONLY really needed to reset the paired devices back to 0.

If I remember correctly I think it maxes out at 3 or 4 pairings and you then have to reset it to 0 devices paired (by holding down the green and red buttons for 20 seconds) so that new pairings could be made.

You can also use the wheel to turn up or down the volume.

You don't need it for anything to work but having it is a good thing

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

Last edited by delmarco; 04-11-2013 at 09:03 PM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #1208
Chum

OK great, thanks for the fast replies guys.

I have read that I can also reset the unit by pressing Vol + then Vol - 5 times on the steering wheel. Is this correct?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #1209
Chum

I have installed the unit and my phone pairs with the car.

However, I don't seem to be able to utilise my steering wheel controls (R/T & speech button) to pick up the call.

I can hear the phone ring through my car speakers perfectly fine.

I didn't get a microphone with the kit I bought and the old mic in the car from an old Nokia hands free kit doesn't work. But that should be an easy fix.

There seems to be another two cables spliced into the factory radio cables.

Any ideas with the phone buttons on the wheel?

Last edited by Chum; 04-12-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #1210
steve.325i

Quote:
I have read that I can also reset the unit by pressing Vol + then Vol - 5 times on the steering wheel. Is this correct?
No, this reset sequence is used with the Audicom SW101C steering wheel controller. Not the Connect2

Quote:
I have installed the unit and my phone pairs with the car.

However, I don't seem to be able to utilise my steering wheel controls (R/T & speech button) to pick up the call.

I can hear the phone ring through my car speakers perfectly fine.

I didn't get a microphone with the kit I bought and the old mic in the car from an old Nokia hands free kit doesn't work. But that should be an easy fix.

There seems to be another two cables spliced into the factory radio cables.

Any ideas with the phone buttons on the wheel?
First, somebody actually sold you the parrot w/o a mic? geesh!

re: buttons. Can you describe the handsfree set that was previously installed? If this was wired into the SW buttons a well some of wire may no longer going to the connector that plugs into the connect2. Without knowing more, I think you will need to completely remove the previous handsfree set.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #1211
Calebsayshi

My Ride: Dinan 3 (330i)
Audio steeaming

Hey I was wondering if this works for bluetooth streaming as well? I want to play my music through BT on the stock unit... Anyone know anything about it?
Thanks,
Caleb
Calebsayshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #1212
bmhark

My Ride: 330ci
I have oem navi... Do you DIY for that?
bmhark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #1213
Jimi158

My Ride: '99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calebsayshi View Post
Hey I was wondering if this works for bluetooth streaming as well? I want to play my music through BT on the stock unit... Anyone know anything about it?
Thanks,
Caleb
This model of Parrot does not work with bluetooth streaming.
Jimi158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #1214
GBinSB

My Ride: 2001 325Ti
anyone else have horrible road noise

I have been dealing with tremendous road noise since I first installed this. Also, the volume is pretty weak. I have a hard time hearing some people who are low talkers, and I also seem to lose a lot of conversations. Now some of that is probably due to AT&T's network where I live, but its almost as if the noise canceling cancels out some of the conversations I am having. Anyone else have this issue?
GBinSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #1215
Imola.ZHP

My Ride: Imola ZHP
I've pretty much quit using this kit. Is it worth anything to anyone used? The OP made me a nice inline resistor to help with noise.

-- '03 330i ZHP
-- Marcus
Imola.ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #1216
Valentino5

My Ride: 330i (2001)
Question what to choose for 2001 330i?

MY FIRST POST, NEW
What is the cheapest way to get Bluetooth music and phone functions if I have a Samsung Galaxy S3? I just want to make my car's (2001 330i) features more modern and enjoy the functionality. Which parrot kit and wires would be needed?

ADDITIONAL:
Does anyone know of a good aftermarket radios that are not expensive (<$300) to make it a lot more easier? It doesn't need phone function.
Valentino5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #1217
markgbe

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
i heart you so much, in a non gay way
markgbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #1218
AgentJBOND

My Ride: '01 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post
LaurentR, I may have to try the firmware upgrade procedure. Thanks for providing it!

Unfortunately, the iOS 6 update on my iPhone 4S killed the ability for me to press the "talking head" button on the steering wheel to activate Siri. It acts like it activates Siri but stops after 1 or 2 seconds as if it heard nothing.

EDIT: This only happens when the iPhone is plugged into my USA-Spec PA-12 and playing music; when unplugged it activates Siri just fine.

Sometimes it takes 1-2 minutes for the iPhone to pair with the Parrot CK3000.

EDIT2: Resetting the Parrot (hold green and red buttons until the lady says resetting) fixed the delay.

Additionally, when the iPhone does finally pair (that audible *chirp*), and I have music playing through my USA-Spec PA12, the music stops for about 5 seconds before resuming. Quite annoying. I remember it not doing this in iOS 4 (and maybe early in iOS 5).
I'm having this exact problem - EXACT. My iPhone is running iOS 6.1.3, and my CK3000 is on firmware 3.25H.

Any ideas? This makes the steering wheel interface that I paid ~$80 for very nearly useless, so I'm getting frustrated - any help is welcomed!

Last edited by AgentJBOND; 08-03-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: fix typo
AgentJBOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #1219
AgentJBOND

My Ride: '01 M3
And there's another guy with the same problem, except he is running factory aux and BT in his e90... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy on Other Forum
The problem I'm having is that when I have music playing from my iPhone I can get Siri to come on over Bluetooth, but her voice and my reply get cut off part way through. It seems like it takes a second or two for Bluetooth to link up every time I press the home button, but it's a bit longer than Siri expects so she starts talking before the link is up, and drops the connection before I start speaking. ...
What gives?

Last edited by AgentJBOND; 08-05-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: formatting quote
AgentJBOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #1220
steve.325i

Hi guys, latest version of the firmware on the parrot site is 5.28c.

With my HTC One, audio does not switch over to bluetooth until AFTER voice dialing. The changes between 5.25 and 5.28 are pretty vague. I would liek to revert to 5.25 and give it a try. Does anyone have a copy of the ck3000_5.25c.bin file?