E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.81 average.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #161
delmarco

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudelove View Post
Very good info. But does this assume you have done an initial phones 1-4 pairings ahead of time during the install (guessing the blue control box has a discovery mode)? Basically, what I'm saying is that I will not have phones 2,3,4 at the time of installation. Suppose I want to add/delete phones 2-4 later in a case where... I dunno... say I change girlfriend(s).

Do I tell her to step out of the car for a minute so I can remove the glove box, access the control unit, then pair this new gf?
oh I don't know.

I think you can pair unlimited amount of phones but not all at the same time.

If anything I know on our C class the max bluetooth pairing is 4 or 5 phones and then you have to reset the system (delete all phones from memory) and start pairing new phones.

So at best you may have a set amount and after you just reset the bluebox and start a fresh pairing of new phones.

Jeez man how many people you plan on having drive your car?

Bluetooth is really ONLY for the driver and not everyone that you meet on the street who sits in your car.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #162
davegrady1

My Ride: 2002 325i
Can this connect2/parrot bluetooth system and a DICE - SILVERLINE PRO iPod Integration Kit both work on the same head unit? I want to put this bluetooth system in but also want an ipod adepter that will charge the ipod and allow control from the ipod.

Great write up btw, thanks a lot. Can't wait to do this.
davegrady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #163
delmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegrady1 View Post
Can this connect2/parrot bluetooth system and a DICE - SILVERLINE PRO iPod Integration Kit both work on the same head unit? I want to put this bluetooth system in but also want an ipod adepter that will charge the ipod and allow control from the ipod.

Great write up btw, thanks a lot. Can't wait to do this.
Yes. A couple of folks have this set up and have no complaints.

This weekend I will also install my USA-SPEC PA12 (same as the DICE) in my car and will give feedback on how it works. My car also has BMW Sirius installed as well.

Remember this kit works indepently off the radio. ALL it does is switches whatever the Radio is currently doing OFF (whether you have FM/AM, iPod, CD Playback, Sirius) and uses the Radio as if it is a loud speaker phone.

I know it is a very abstract concept to grasp but the best way to put it in laymans terms is that the ck3000/cttpar007 doesn't work on the Radio, like a DICE or CD Changer, or Sirius/AUX but the Bluetooth kit works completely off it.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #164
dudelove

My Ride: Hybrid E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
oh I don't know.

I think you can pair unlimited amount of phones but not all at the same time.

If anything I know on our C class the max bluetooth pairing is 4 or 5 phones and then you have to reset the system (delete all phones from memory) and start pairing new phones.

So at best you may have a set amount and after you just reset the bluebox and start a fresh pairing of new phones.

Jeez man how many people you plan on having drive your car?

Bluetooth is really ONLY for the driver and not everyone that you meet on the street who sits in your car.
lol. ok, let me rephrase that because I don't think you're understanding the question (btw I didn't see it in the online manual).

What is the procedure for pairing phones 2-3 after an initial install? At a future date, do I have to have physical access to the blue control box to put it in discovery mode if I want to pair phone #2 or #3?
dudelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #165
xi_ter

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
lol. ok, let me rephrase that because I don't think you're understanding the question (btw I didn't see it in the online manual).

What is the procedure for pairing phones 2-3 after an initial install? At a future date, do I have to have physical access to the blue control box to put it in discovery mode if I want to pair phone #2 or #3?
The system will only pair one phone for bluetooth hands free. In my experience the priority is given to the first phone you initially paired. E.g. I first owned an iPhone 3G then upgraded to an iPhone 3GS.My daughter got the 3G. Whenever we both go into the car, the Parrot pairs with her's (my original phone first paired in Oct 09). Each of our phones were set up for pairing using the 1234 code bringing them into the car individually. Max of 5 cells can be paired.

Last edited by xi_ter; 01-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.
xi_ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #166
delmarco

Quote:

Actually I over-understood your question, I didn't think you were asking how to pair a phone to bluetooth. It is the same as any other bluetooth device...

search...discover....pair (pair code default always being 1234 or 0000)

as simple as A......B.....and....C and has not really changed since Bluetooth was first used in 1999.

The way I understood your question was actually more interesting. Had I known that is what you were asking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xi_ter View Post
The system will only pair one phone for bluetooth hands free. In my experience the priority is given to the first phone you initially paired. E.g. I first owned an iPhone 3G then upgraded to an iPhone 3GS.My daughter got the 3G. Whenever we both go into the car, the Parrot pairs with her's (my original phone first paired in Oct 09). Each of our phones were set up for pairing using the 1234 code bringing them into the car individually. Max of 5 cells can be paired.
xi_ter said it best.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #167
JLondon

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
FYI, I mounted the Parrot controller with heavy duty, double-sided, molding tape to the left inside of my glove box right in front of the flashlight/aux outlet just "in case" I need to modify any of the CK3000 settings (ie. language, volume, clear pairing, etc.).

Don't know if I'll ever need to fool with it, but I don't have to remove the glove box to get to it
JLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #168
delmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLondon View Post
FYI, I mounted the Parrot controller with heavy duty, double-sided, molding tape to the left inside of my glove box right in front of the flashlight/aux outlet just "in case" I need to modify any of the CK3000 settings (ie. language, volume, clear pairing, etc.).

Don't know if I'll ever need to fool with it, but I don't have to remove the glove box to get to it
yeah you can do it that way as well, especially if you ever need to power off the bluetooth as the control's volume knob also powers on/off the bluetooth when pushed in.

But I think if you need to reset it you will have to completely unplug the bluebox from the power source and not just push the power button on the controller.

I initially planned it that way, but I'm installing an iPod integration kit around the glovebox area as well so I need all the open space I can get.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #169
km4n

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
DelMarco:

did you pry out the Light / Center panel? if so, how do you go about doing that? does the mic head go in easily? or is it better to do it the other way where you put the mic connection through and pull the wire out?
km4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #170
delmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by km4n View Post
did you pry out the Light / Center panel? if so, how do you go about doing that? does the mic head go in easily? or is it better to do it the other way where you put the mic connection through and pull the wire out?

Yeah it just pops off like a Lego piece. My headliner was flexible enoght to squeeze the mic head in there no problem at all.

You can do it the other way as well. It is a pretty easy part of the DIY.

The hardest part was pulling out the centre vent.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #171
delmarco

Quote:
Hi,

I have the connects2 module in my car, and have a quick question for you. Do you find that sometimes, when you press the speech button on your steering wheel to "Say a command" that the voice saying "say a command" comes through your phone not the speakers? Then when you turn your car/bluetooth off and back on it will come back through the car speakers?

Most of the time it will come through the car speakers as normal but the odd time it comes through the phone handset?

Just want to know that its not just mine?

Thanks!
I know exactly the problem you are having. When I installed my Sirius and iPod USA-Spec Data Module last month in my car I forgot to unplug the radio and the battery. And since then my Bluetooth kept sending the voice command prompt thru the phone instead of thru the car speakers like it did before.

To fix this issue I first unplugged the car's battery and unplugged all the radio/bluetooth components, then I replugged everything and finally I reconnected the battery and everything is working perfect now.

I think at the parrot/connects installation for some year cars or radios unplugging the battery may be required before plugging in the components.

My kit worked perfect for three months after I first installed it, but the minute I connected other newer components to the radio like Satellite Radio and USA-Spec iPod Data, and I even upgraded the radio itself to the 02/2006 Alpine CD53 version at some point, then the Bluetooth kept sending the commands to the phone instead of the car.

Everything is working fine now.

Last edited by delmarco; 02-01-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #172
JLondon

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Muffled and static

Hmmm...the first day or two, I was told that the bluetooth sounded great!!! But since then, I'm being told that I sound muffled, background noise and static. I called my answering machine and spoke for about 2-3 minutes and it surely isn't crystal clear. Before I drop the glovebox, anyone with troubleshooting ideas? FYI, I'm using a Touch Pro on Sprint and haven't changed anything with the phone.
JLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #173
delmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLondon View Post
Hmmm...the first day or two, I was told that the bluetooth sounded great!!! But since then, I'm being told that I sound muffled, background noise and static. I called my answering machine and spoke for about 2-3 minutes and it surely isn't crystal clear. Before I drop the glovebox, anyone with troubleshooting ideas? FYI, I'm using a Touch Pro on Sprint and haven't changed anything with the phone.
Best Advice is to drop your glove box and check the connections then pull out your radio and unplug and plug the connector back onto the radio. Also unplugging your battery may remedy it as well.

On a side note
when I was installing my USA-Spec iPod Data Unit last weekend I had to drop the glove box to store the Spec unit next to the Parrot Blue box and funny enough I noticed my Parrot Controller red/green buttons were active and lit up (as the car and the radio and bluetooth was on with the engine running). Pushing these red/green buttons and dial button activated the call features and setting features of the Bluetooth. I also noticed that it was squished in there between all the wiring and stuff behind the glove box.

The thought that occurred to me is that if your controller buttons are wedged in a getting constantly pressed by nearby objects then it may result in poor sound performance, issues with the steering wheel control buttons and all other types of weirdness.

So be sure to make sure the controller and it's buttons are all clear from contact with wiring and objects.

And yes the buttons on the little bugger are really very very very sensitive . As I was installing my USA-Spec I kept setting off the Bluetooth's voice/language settings everytime I brushed against the thing.

Last edited by delmarco; 02-03-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 AM   #174
BakaN20

My Ride: 06 350z 03 325xi
Great write up, need to order this stuff and find the time to do it. I really wish there was a way to have it connect through the radio, I don't do a lot of calling, but people call me and I would like to know who. Too bad it won't work for the ck3100. Thanks again!

Home - Fcuk Iraq - Done playing Soldier
06 350z - Nismo Exhaust/Dynotune Nitrous Wet Shot/NANO Kit/Motordyne 5/16th Spaver/mrev2/Other stuff
03 325xi - Monokuro Boo neck rest and seat belt pads, floor mats. ~Stock~

Last edited by BakaN20; 02-03-2010 at 03:12 AM.
BakaN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #175
Bimmerci330

My Ride: 02 330CI 3 Pedals :)
Send a message via AIM to Bimmerci330
I just bought the parrot part off eBay and the box says BT-E600 for AVN6610 on the front and then on a little sticker on the side it says CK3000 EVO Black Edition Eclipse BT-E600, is this the correct product? All the parts look to be the same, I just want to make sure before I try to install it
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #176
steve.325i

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerci330 View Post
I just bought the parrot part off eBay and the box says BT-E600 for AVN6610 on the front and then on a little sticker on the side it says CK3000 EVO Black Edition Eclipse BT-E600, is this the correct product? All the parts look to be the same, I just want to make sure before I try to install it
Mine only has CK3000 EVO Black Edition on the box.
I can not see Eclipse BT-E600 anywhere.

A quick search & it looks like it is simply a OEM rebranding, so I would say you are good.

eclipse AVN6620 w/ BTE600 (aka ck3000 evo)
http://www.parrot.com/forums/usa/viewtopic.php?id=1482
steve.325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #177
Bimmerci330

Ok good to know thanks, I ordered the wiring harness from the uk vendor and they still haven't sent me any tracking numbers or replied to any of my emails, anyone here order from them?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #178
BakaN20

My Ride: 06 350z 03 325xi
Quote:
Ok good to know thanks, I ordered the wiring harness from the uk vendor and they still haven't sent me any tracking numbers or replied to any of my emails, anyone here order from them?

Lol, i just ordered my parrot kit off ebay also. Just ordered from the uk vendor also, lowcostaudio right? Hopefully they ship out soon.

Home - Fcuk Iraq - Done playing Soldier
06 350z - Nismo Exhaust/Dynotune Nitrous Wet Shot/NANO Kit/Motordyne 5/16th Spaver/mrev2/Other stuff
03 325xi - Monokuro Boo neck rest and seat belt pads, floor mats. ~Stock~
BakaN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #179
sycE46

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
The eclipse units are the same as the CK3000. The unit I received from Ebay was a Eclipse branded unit. it'll come with other random wiring harnesses that you don't need.
sycE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #180
Bimmerci330

yea lowcostaudio is where i ordered from