E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
castaway

My Ride: '03 ///M3
Valentine 1 display in rear view mirror: Stealth Mirror

i've been really interested in these mirrors for quite some time now, the only problem being that they were no longer being produced so you'd have to wait until one popped up for sale used (few and far between).

well, they started making them again!!

http://www.stealthmirror.com/index.html

you can request them with a 2-way mirror (replacing your autodim mirror glass) or get your current mirror etched to retain autodimming. the etched design is definitely the coolest i've seen!!!

Quote:
Etched Mirror Solutions
For an integrated solution that matches up to advanced features in your mirror and etched installation is often ideal. In this scenario the actual mirror glass is etched such that the radar detector display is visible through the glass. With this approach the display is clearly visible and can be integrated with features such as auto-dimming but is not as stealthy as other solutions.

Two-way Mirrors
When a more stealthy integrated install is required options are available to replace the mirror with two-way glass, in this way the radar detector is almost invisible when switched off but can be seen clearly when the system is active. If you are concerned about other people knowing that you have a radar detector then a two-way mirror combined with a kill switch is often ideal.
just thought i'd pass this along.

2003 ///M3 6MT
Steel Grey / Imola Red
castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
bishop1977

My Ride: 04 330i ZHP S/C
nothing new...people on the g35/350z forums have been doing this themselves for about 6 years
bishop1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
JB707

My Ride: 2001 DINAN 330 CI
i just sent them an email, but where are these people based out of..its seems a bit sketchy, but looks legit enough...so i couldn't find anywhere to order from..

DINAN:COLD AIR INTAKE, THROTTLE BODY, STAGE 3 CHIP, FREE FLOW EXHAUST

BB PERF HEADERS // RESONATOR DELETE // EE LED TAILS // M3 LIP SPOILER // DICE IPOD INTEGRATION // DIY FRONT REFLECTORS // UMNITZA ORION V2 ANGEL EYES // KONI YELLOW SPORT // H&R RACE SPRINGS // ROGUE RSM's // POWERFLEX FCAB // CLEAR FRONT SIGNALS // CLEAR SIDEMARKERS // LED FRONT SIGNAL BULBS // LED SIDEMARKERS
JB707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
castaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop1977 View Post
nothing new...people on the g35/350z forums have been doing this themselves for about 6 years
anyone can do it themselves, however not everyone can make it look as good as this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB707 View Post
i just sent them an email, but where are these people based out of..its seems a bit sketchy, but looks legit enough...so i couldn't find anywhere to order from..
northeast US i believe, but don't quote me on that. the guy has been modifying mirrors for a while now (Porsche, etc) but i think he just started his business officially.

2003 ///M3 6MT
Steel Grey / Imola Red
Old 11-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
JB707

so how much for a mirrow with a V1...also these can go into non-m right?

BB PERF HEADERS // RESONATOR DELETE // EE LED TAILS // M3 LIP SPOILER // DICE IPOD INTEGRATION // DIY FRONT REFLECTORS // UMNITZA ORION V2 ANGEL EYES // KONI YELLOW SPORT // H&R RACE SPRINGS // ROGUE RSM's // POWERFLEX FCAB // CLEAR FRONT SIGNALS // CLEAR SIDEMARKERS // LED FRONT SIGNAL BULBS // LED SIDEMARKERS
Old 11-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
castaway

Quote:
well it's only a V1 remote display, it does not include the radar detector. just wanted to point that out. you'd have to email them for a price. i have nothing to do with the company other than wanting to buy a mirror from them.

yes, any mirror would work. i think you can send yours in. the one pictured is one for sale on the website, so if you wanted to "upgrade" to an oval M mirror in your current ride, that would do it.

2003 ///M3 6MT
Steel Grey / Imola Red
Old 11-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
The price on the site says $400 plus shipping....pretty cool feature

Edit: Pretty hefty price tag when you add on the cost of the detector...close to $900 for the whole package -- i'll stick to my 5 over in the city and 10 on the highway rule and hope for the best!

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
bishop1977

My Ride: 04 330i ZHP S/C
go check out my350z.com and compare they guy that did it as side projects looked like that...actually unless that is his site they stole his pics
bishop1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
castaway

^ link?

2003 ///M3 6MT
Steel Grey / Imola Red
Old 11-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
JB707

so who stole whos lpics?

Old 11-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
johnewhite

My Ride: E46 M3
These mirrors are nice, but if someone could incorporate the actual detector electronics into the mirror (including the foward and rearward sensors) then it would be really stealthy.

Another ideal is to incorporate the V1 into the mirror except for the display and then use the JL Stealthbox for the display thru the NAV or radio.

Last edited by johnewhite; 11-25-2009 at 04:20 PM.
johnewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #12
castaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnewhite View Post
These mirrors are nice, but if someone could incorporate the actual detector electronics into the mirror (including the foward and rearward sensors) then it would be really stealthy.

Another ideal is to incorporate the V1 into the mirror except for the display and then use the JL Stealthbox for the display thru the NAV or radio.

this gets asked a lot and bottom line is it can't be done. when you take the cover off of the V1 you can see why; it's all 1 piece.

2003 ///M3 6MT
Steel Grey / Imola Red
Old 11-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
johnewhite

My Ride: E46 M3
I see your point. And its probably not worth it to disassemble and reconfigure the components so they might fit. Also the total volumne needed might be greater than space avaiable.
johnewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
ukchris

My Ride: Varies
Quote:
so who stole whos lpics?
For the record that is my site, every mirror pictured I made and I took every picture.

Chris.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
bmwkidd745

My Ride: 350z
I have this for sale, entire setup and all the wiring for a concealed radar, and the volume switch.. pm or call for price 732 261 3270
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1505.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	463690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1504.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	463691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1507.jpg
Views:	70