E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #21
Handsome Kev

My Ride: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXXXJASONXXXXX View Post
I'd say yes put the crossover in the door between the tweeter and bass as per my photo above, the crossover has two outputs one for the bass and one for the tweeter. Remember to remove the inline resistor on the tweeter cable if it is present in your car (see photo above) and solder connections for best results.
http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/FAQ/Crossover/
There's lots of videos on the web for how to wire a crossover - google is your friend
Thanks, I was simply referring to the wire colors and what wires am I running to the crossover in the amp slot since I have no amp
Sent using Bimmer App
Handsome Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #22
XXXXXJASONXXXXX

My Ride: E46 M Sport Cab
Exactly, mine has no amp and if you did, chances are the amp has a crossover built in so you wouldn't need to use the ones that came with your speakers. So use the harness wires to feed your crossovers and put in a new cable FROM the crossover to your speakers OR splice and solder some new connections into your existing harness so you can retain the factory terminals if ever you want to revert back and use the new connections to feed the crossover and again use new cables to connect your crossover to the speakers.

Colours are:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=52193&page=2

Last edited by XXXXXJASONXXXXX; 08-01-2012 at 09:19 AM.
XXXXXJASONXXXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #23
Handsome Kev

Yeah but which wire do I connect to the amp spot on the crossover?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #24
jgold47

My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Kev View Post
Yeah but which wire do I connect to the amp spot on the crossover?
whatever you are using to feed the signal.

that said, if you are using the factory amp, I wouldnt bother with the crossover, and just go directly to the speakers, the factory amp is already crossing over.

let me know how your install goes, I just got the same speakers.

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #25
Handsome Kev

I just hacked the oem speaker connectors off and soldered them to the new speakers. I'll post up pics later
Old 03-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
Daron666

My Ride: 02 330CI Coupe
Has anyone used infinity ref 6500cx speakers for the front doors in a coupe? I currently have hk speakers with factory amp.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Daron666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #27
jmillsner

My Ride: 330Ci 6 Spd, 335Cic
i actually wouldn't splice into the stock connections if you don't have a factory amp, running aftermarket speakers on stock H/U power isnt going to be good. and if you're going to get an aftermarket amp then use your own wiring for better quality
jmillsner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, connector, door, speaker