E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #81
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,048
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
He should have resent today

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek0606 View Post
You've got mail....
Waiting on pmt from:

derek0606
bigjae1976
Dj_Frost
AdamBath
__________________
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #82
bigjae1976
Registered User
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 11,475
My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
My paypal went screwy for a couple of days. Can he resend the payment request?
bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #83
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
When are these being shipped out?
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #84
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
if only someone would make a better looking intake hose for the ts
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #85
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
if only someone would make a better looking intake hose for the ts
What's wrong with the TS intake hose?
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #86
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
it is not the most attractive thing

hows the car holding up? anything new
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #87
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
it is not the most attractive thing

hows the car holding up? anything new
It is definitely one of the best put together kits for the E46 non-M in terms of stealth install.

Car is holding up great. Need to put in an oil cooler if I want to continue tracking the car.

Just doing maintenance on it right now. How's your car doing now that you have a tune for the MS45?
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #88
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
it is running well. i am sure there is still power to be had from a better tune. I have been too busy and need to get Aj to come out here to tune the thing.

I had my first belt failure and of course it took the tensioner, a few pulleys and the oil filter housing with it in a matter of seconds
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #89
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
it is running well. i am sure there is still power to be had from a better tune. I have been too busy and need to get Aj to come out here to tune the thing.

I had my first belt failure and of course it took the tensioner, a few pulleys and the oil filter housing with it in a matter of seconds
Just be happy you have 93 octane over there!

I had my belt failure on the track, but lucky it didn't take anything with it. Sorry to hear about that. Are you using the mechanical or hydraulic tensioner?
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #90
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
hydralic on both - i now have two oil filter housings with broken tabs (hopefully they can be welded) and a new one as a spare sitting in a box on a shelf...that and a spare tensioner, spare pulleys and spare hoses and belts. I have also found for the ts2 a slightly longer (5mm) belt doesnt squeak
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #91
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
hydralic on both - i now have two oil filter housings with broken tabs (hopefully they can be welded) and a new one as a spare sitting in a box on a shelf...that and a spare tensioner, spare pulleys and spare hoses and belts. I have also found for the ts2 a slightly longer (5mm) belt doesnt squeak
You're starting to build quite a collection of spare parts. I hope I don't start breaking oil filter housing, pulleys, and tensioners. You just reminded me, I should change out my belt - cheap insurance.
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #92
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
the thing is, i dont know if the tensioner broke or the belt jumped...i started the car and the car was dealing with the cold start idle jump and then stalled. I restarted it and knew instantly something was wrong and shut it off (all this was in my driveway and the whole event was over in less then a few seconds from getting in the car to shut down) as soon as i saw the alt light i knew what happened and i popped the hood...as soon as i saw the belt i figured the tensioner was toast...ordered one from tischer and had it delivered...didnt move or work on the car until sunday and sure enough all that stuff was trashed

i would rather stock the parts I think or know will fail than be stuck without a car. i just wish the cars would stop destroying the expensive oil filter housings. one each to date (although I am certain the tensioner was broken the first time and on the sedan)
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #93
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
the thing is, i dont know if the tensioner broke or the belt jumped...i started the car and the car was dealing with the cold start idle jump and then stalled. I restarted it and knew instantly something was wrong and shut it off (all this was in my driveway and the whole event was over in less then a few seconds from getting in the car to shut down) as soon as i saw the alt light i knew what happened and i popped the hood...as soon as i saw the belt i figured the tensioner was toast...ordered one from tischer and had it delivered...didnt move or work on the car until sunday and sure enough all that stuff was trashed

i would rather stock the parts I think or know will fail than be stuck without a car. i just wish the cars would stop destroying the expensive oil filter housings. one each to date (although I am certain the tensioner was broken the first time and on the sedan)
How does the oil filter housing get chewed up by the broken belt? Is it the velocity at which it hits the oil filter housing breaks it apart? How much are the oil filter housings?
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 PM   #94
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
How does the oil filter housing get chewed up by the broken belt? Is it the velocity at which it hits the oil filter housing breaks it apart? How much are the oil filter housings?
it is the tensioner (i assume when it snaps back) it breaks a tab on the upper mount (there are three bolts holding the tensioner to the oil filter housing assembly)

new housings are about $300 and the other pulleys, belts and tensioner run about another $200...
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #95
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
it is the tensioner (i assume when it snaps back) it breaks a tab on the upper mount (there are three bolts holding the tensioner to the oil filter housing assembly)

new housings are about $300 and the other pulleys, belts and tensioner run about another $200...
Geebus! That is like a front control arm and bushing change for me.
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #96
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
not to mention it is a pita job to swap the parts. the ts doesnt really make it too much harder but it doesnt make it any easier either. the ts snout is somewhat in the way so three of the bolts securing the housing and the vanos high pressure line banjo fitting end up being removed and installed with your arm contorted and no real way to see what you are doing
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #97
HighBoostin330
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,262
My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
not to mention it is a pita job to swap the parts. the ts doesnt really make it too much harder but it doesnt make it any easier either. the ts snout is somewhat in the way so three of the bolts securing the housing and the vanos high pressure line banjo fitting end up being removed and installed with your arm contorted and no real way to see what you are doing
You're making this sounds horrendous to change all this stuff out.

This sounds like a lot of "feeling" install than "seeing" install.
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #98
WBVenom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 206
My Ride: Car 54
Hey, guys. This is a thread for the Stett radiator hose group buy. I'm in it, and it's all I want to read about.
WBVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #99
Str86ix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 139
My Ride: 01 325ci
Im down for a group buy.
Str86ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #100
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,800
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBVenom View Post
Hey, guys. This is a thread for the Stett radiator hose group buy. I'm in it, and it's all I want to read about.
the op likely wont care if two OG TS guys discuss things - if you dont like it, dont read it
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use